Crikey. Crocadile Hunter, Steve Irwin, Dead.

guido

Reaction score
Monday September 4, 02:28 PM
Steve Irwin dead in stingray attack
By 7News Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.

It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.

He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.

In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo.

The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children, Bindi and Robert.

Steve Irwin dead in stingray attack - Yahoo!7 News

Rest in peace, Steve. You will be missed. You brought joy and laughter to us all in your adventures.

Rest in peace, Steve. You will be missed. You brought joy and laughter to us all in your adventures.
W

Wow... I will miss watching him on Animal Planet... he is good fellow... i like him..

Oh man! This is unbelieveable...the man has endured countless of injuries, bites over the years...and still quite young too. Indeed he'll be greatly missed, especially whenever he says: 'Crikey' and will always be known as the guy who loved to hang around crocodiles. I've always enjoyed watching his shows....thanks for the great journeys and adventures you, Steve, took the world on.

Rest in peace, Steve Irwin.

Thread will be 'sticky' for the time being--

Crocodile Hunter killed

Stingray kills Steve Irwin | The Daily Telegraph

Crocodile Hunter killed

By Luke McIlveen

September 04, 2006 12:00
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

CROCODILE Hunter Steve Irwin has died after a stringray barb caught him in the chest.

The 44-year-old international TV star was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the incident happened.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas. It is understood Irwin was killed around midday.

Irwin leaves his wife Terri and young children Bob and and Bindi.

The blonde star of Crocodile Hunter, who made khaki shorts and boots his uniform all year round, was an Australian icon.

But his reptile wrestling antics thrilled overseas audiences even more and he became a fixture on US television in the past decade.

The son of naturalists Bob and Lyn Irwin, Steve learned to live with dangerous reptiles from a young age at the family’s Queensland Reptile and Fauna Park.

He opened his own Australia Zoo in Queensland in 1991, leading him to record the hugely popular Crocodile Hunter the following year.

His catchcry of “Crikey!” brought the unfashionable Aussie phrase back into vogue.

Irwin’s work had a serious side. He was recently made the face of Australia’s quarantine laws and appeared in TV advertisements urging travellers not to endanger Australia’s unique flora and fauna by bringing in foreign specimens.

For all his love of animals, Irwin’s first duty was to his US-born wife, Terri Reines, who appeared by his side from the very first episode of the Crocodile Hunter. In 1998, their daughter Bindi Sue was born and drafted straight into the family business.

A son, Robert Clarence, was born in 2003 and Irwin made world headlines - and suffered a dent on his popularity - when he took the baby boy into a crocodile enclosure, leading critics to accuse him of neglect.

Our true blue aussie is dead. RIP Steve. We all miss watching your programs.

Oh man! This is unbelieveable...the man has endured countless of injuries, bites over the years...and still quite young too. Indeed he'll be greatly missed, especially whenever he says: 'Crikey' and will always be known as the guy who loved to hang around crocodiles. I've always enjoyed watching his shows....thanks for the great journeys and adventures you, Steve, took the world on.

Rest in peace, Steve Irwin.

Thread will be 'sticky' for the time being--

Hey RR.. {Mod Edit: partial comment removed}..... I will miss Steve Irwin... i always watch him on Animal Planet...

Oh u beat me to it! I have just post in the entertainment section.

OH yeah one of my friend gave me the links and I was who is Steve Irwin ? till I clicked on the link and I bit screamed OH WHAT!!! then I covered my mouth cause someone just moved new home downstair oops lol but sad to see him dead caught from stintray :(

but he is famous and nuts cause he get alots of hurt himself from the risk wow he is so BRAVE!!!!

Rest in Peace Steve Irwin :(

Mod Note:

Two separate threads were created about this fatal incident, threads were merged--

~RR

Noooooo! I cant believe what news said about Steve Irwin!

*cry*

He is one of my favorites. I watch his shows on wild animals. He did good job on protecting aussie animals. I dont know what happens to Robert grow up without his father...

oh my gosh, unbelievable, he is gone !! He is very fond of Crocodile.

His wife, Terry and Steve build a huge beautiful Zoo in Aussie. This man inspired many people and was one of the most couragous people in this world !

My husband's favorite show on that TV. He always wanted to meet Steve Irwin.

Crocodile Hunter is dead. :(

CNN and BBC are reporting that the Crocodile Hunter is dead. A barb from a sting ray got him.

That's so sad.

I feel bad for his wife and children. Steve had taught us tv viewers a lot about animals and often times I couldn't believe how dangerously he had handled the animals. I enjoyed watching his shows. He was so young to have died.

I just saw that too! I posted it in the chat section by accident. That is soooo sad. The guy was a nut to do all of the crazy stunts he did, but he loved animals and life so much, and that is so positive.

Back