Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you hearing?? Do you have SSI? or SSD? I thought it's for deaf, hoh and disabilities only.

Hearing parents that don't make a certain amount can have their kids with disabilities on SSI/SSDI.
Hell, any parents can.

Are you hearing?? Do you have SSI? or SSD? I thought it's for deaf, hoh and disabilities only.
She is parent of a deaf child. I knew many parents of deaf children collected SSI. So are other parents of disabled child collect them also. It have to be limited income to collect SSI for their child who are disabled.

She is parent of a deaf child. I knew many parents of deaf children collected SSI. So are other parents of disabled child collect them also. It have to be limited income to collect SSI for their child who are disabled.

sorry, I type at 110 wpm.

I wasnt asking people to share what they receive. THe poll is private and if you dont have to share if you dont want to. I dont even know who on the board get ssi.

I don't even get $600 from SSI per month. It's less than $200 for me (total amount is different each month because my work income varies), since I do work part-time (I've tried finding other jobs but had no luck yet) and still live at home with my mother. I start getting SSDI Dec. 4, which should be over $600, so that in addition to SSI I would be getting $700-$800ish then.

I know my daughter used to get SSDI for speech and language problems. Her amount varied each month based on whatever my husband and I made. We had to provide receipts for everything that her money was spent on and could not save any of it for future.

She was re-tested every year and was dropped after 3 years due to "having a 75% understandibility of her speech". She still, 7 years later, has major speech problems and we have to tell her to slow down and repeat what she needs to say. She had an oxygen cut-off at birth due to size (12 1/2 pounds and 24 1/2 inches) and had poor muscle tone in her neck and face. Her oral muscles were "mush". We have to do daily exercises even to this day to keep her at any sort of understandibility. She also has CAPD (Central Auditory Processing Discorder), ADD, and mild autism. But, on top of all that, she is my first born and I love everything about her. She is a fighter and bound and determined to succeed.

I got $600 from SSI when I lived on SSI in 2006, that's barely enough for me since I don't pay rent, anyway.

I got $600 from SSI when I lived on SSI in 2006, that's barely enough for me since I don't pay rent, anyway.

since you don't pay rent.... how is it barely enough for you?

I don't even get $600 from SSI per month. It's less than $200 for me (total amount is different each month because my work income varies), since I do work part-time (I've tried finding other jobs but had no luck yet) and still live at home with my mother. I start getting SSDI Dec. 4, which should be over $600, so that in addition to SSI I would be getting $700-$800ish then.

Nice, enjoy your christmas shopping with it. :)

since you don't pay rent.... how is it barely enough for you?

I live with my parent, I don't have many expense to pay, except for phone bill and some food, also I was high school student as well.

I live with my parent, I don't have many expense to pay, except for phone bill and some food, also I was high school student as well.

then what you received from SSI was sufficient enough for you :)

No wonder. Wow she is the young to receive the SSI. I received my SSA when I was 15 but my mom was not let me use the money until I become 18. My dad passed away when I was 15. I changed to SSDAC now. I am still receive it every months. Because I don't have job. I have high income because of my dad's death and plus VA and good earn money from employees.

I wish I could recieve SSI along with my paycheck. LOL!

SSI? Not SSDI? Usually SSI is very limiting. SSDI is based on past work credit. So, you're only interested in SSI only?

SSI? Not SSDI? Usually SSI is very limiting. SSDI is based on past work credit. So, you're only interested in SSI only?

Well- call me old school or whatever- but it seems I am guiltly saying SSI when I mean SSDI. It seems to be that we use these terms loosely and interchangebly:aw:

Shel, here in NZ , its a paradise for Blind people they receive all their benefits AND allowed to keep all their work pay be it full time or partime....all other disabilities not!
This is a fact.

yes, it depends on how much your husband make (if you are married), how many children, the cost of living in your area, etc.

If you are not married, it also depend on who you share with roomates. They will ask if anyone living with you.

I think an individual get more SSI money if they are living by themselves <---- which if someone live with you or not, you will still be in the same position, so it isn't like "oh boy, if she leave, I could get richer!" I think it is the opposite. People who live with you who help pay the bill make life more affordable, even if the gov't cut your SSI half,than you living by yourself with full SSI

I think some don't understand thier payments or arefibbing abit as the highest payout is florida and california which is just under 900. \ SSI is not related to Social Security(SSA)...it is Supplemental Security Income....administered by Social Security.
Unsure of SSI in Hawaii or Alaska asare expensive but 27 % are not recieving 1500 permonth from SSI.
The basic rate is like 660 but some states, very few..pay out more cuz cost of living.It is state money added included into the SSI payment.
California...@662 plus Cali adds @220.....@882. And this is the larger payout.
Your poll is listing SSA disability payments....SSDI...from work credits of prior 10 years at time of claim.
SSI does not go that high.....many states only pay 660....or less if you don't pay rent.

Back