Re: Deaf Customers Can Now “Read” Voicemail?

Hohtopics

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got this in the e-mail from AllDeaf:

YouMail is an award-winning service that turns your voicemails into text so you can just READ what your callers said. YouMail transcribes your voicemails with near-perfect quality, so there’s no need to listen. It’s VISUAL VOICEMAIL…and a whole new way to look at, read, and manage messages.

The way it works is simple. A few minutes after receiving a new voicemail, you will receive an email with a word-for-word transcription of the message. We also have a web interface where you can read and manage your voicemails, just like a web-based email account.

Please visit YouMail to learn more and sign up for a completely free (no credit card required) trial so you can experience READING YOUR VOICEMAIL for yourself. We have paid plans starting from $6.99/month for up to 50 voicemails – plus an unlimited of transcriptions from calls from other YouMail users – so if your friends, family, and colleagues sign up too - messages from one another do not count against your available transcription balance.

Feel free to contact us at marketing@youmail.com with any questions.

The YouMail Team

Question, does it only apply to cell phones? Or does it also apply to other communication tools as well?

Thanks!

You can get it from Verizon as part of a plan and they are legitimate.

I went to Google Voice and it is free, no monthly charges.. but it is not accurate like the rest of speech to text translation out there, so reading the messages can be confusing.. Makes no sense!

I went to Google Voice and it is free, no monthly charges.. but it is not accurate like the rest of speech to text translation out there, so reading the messages can be confusing.. Makes no sense!

Can't be worse than reading some deaf people's version of English :|

I use the IP Relay voicemail. It's unlimited and free. It's not quite the same, however, as someone just calling to leave a voicemail - the caller actually has to leave the message with a Relay operator but it is all converted to text/email. It comes to my blackberry so I can read it, and I have my own phone # for it. Been using this IP voicemail for years and love it, so I would not consider changing to anything else that cost $$.

when i went to verizion they didnt know what i was talking about. maybe the empoyee was clueless.

No it was my mistake. The thing I read about was called visual voice mail, and I thought it was speech to text.

I found out it just tells who left a voicemail.

I have no use for that. So it was a disappointment to me.

No it was my mistake. The thing I read about was called visual voice mail, and I thought it was speech to text.

I found out it just tells who left a voicemail.

I have no use for that. So it was a disappointment to me.

I nearly thought the same thing a while back when I first heard about it. so I read it some more and realize that it only let you know how many voicemails you have, pick which you want to reply, etc. on your cellphone instead of listening to your voicemail. Worthless to me too.

I use the IP Relay voicemail. It's unlimited and free. It's not quite the same, however, as someone just calling to leave a voicemail - the caller actually has to leave the message with a Relay operator but it is all converted to text/email. It comes to my blackberry so I can read it, and I have my own phone # for it. Been using this IP voicemail for years and love it, so I would not consider changing to anything else that cost $$.

How do you sign up for this IP Relay voicemail? What company provides it?

I use Phone Tag for my voice mail to text. It works on both land line phones and mobiles. I use it for my business and personal incoming phone calls, and am very pleased. If interested, check it out at PhoneTag

Charlie

Google Voice is pretty cool by the way - it even shows you a transcript while you are listening to your voicemail. Have been trying for a few days and its just great.

Back