Capital punishment on children and teenagers

That sure isn't Christian belief.

God doesn't accept homosexual behavior but Jesus died that all people can be saved, and that includes homosexuals.

God doesn't accept any kind of sin but He offers salvation to all sinners equally.

There's a fundamental problem here. There has to be moderation.

If everyone is to be saved, then no one will be thrown into hell?
If certain sins were to be outlawed by God but people still commit them, why would Jesus want to save them?
Certainly you've made Jesus sound like a hippie rather than an actual fair and just being.

I understand there is forgiveness on Jesus' part, but sometimes forgiving a constant sinner isn't the best way.

Exactly. And this is a bad thing for "modern" Christianity today.

how is it such a bad thing to accept other people's differences?

You may not agree with a religion, but you have to accept it because it's not going to go away. Same thing with anything the bible may say is wrong, but people do it anyway.

That I saw identical last year, other 2 teens were hanged for homosexual activities. It is sad. Problem is, did you know and not much of teaching, God destroyed people who murmured during Moses times. Problem is like I mentioned, so easy to condemn other peoples sins than their own.

I don't consider them "minors" like you do.
I realize that other countries have different legal distinctions for the age of majority. In the United States, children under age 18 years are legally minors, with a few exceptions. I believe even the UN considers 12-year-olds still minors, and condemns executions of minors.

Those homosexuals were 16 years old. They are well old enough.
Old enough for what? Old enough to kill them? I don't think so. :mad:

Society simply deems them as immature because their society is immature. I go by the standard of the onstart of puberty. That is when a true minor becomes either a man or woman.
That's a bunch of baloney. The beginning of physiological change is NOT the same as mental and emotional maturity. It for sure isn't the measure for legal majority.

Just make observations of high school kids today. They are vastly immature and do not take anything seriously. Is this God's fault or is this society's fault? Train your kids to "get real" by the time they hit puberty. ;)
It's not God's fault. Part of their immaturity is their natural tendency (not recognizing long-term consequences), part a result of their parental upbringing, and part a result of society's influence. Of course, children are ultimately responsible for their own behavior but they can't be held to the same legal standards as adults. Children still deserve to have a childhood and time of innocence.

If everyone is to be saved, then no one will be thrown into hell?
Jesus offers salvation to everyone. Everyone who repents and accepts His salvation will be saved from the penalty of sin, which is eternal suffering in hell. Sadly, not everyone accepts Jesus' offer. :(

If certain sins were to be outlawed by God but people still commit them, why would Jesus want to save them?
Why? Because Jesus loves all people, that's why. All people sin, and Jesus wants to save all people.

Certainly you've made Jesus sound like a hippie rather than an actual fair and just being.
You have got to be kidding. Jesus is a holy and righteous judge; He is absolutely no laid back hippie.

I understand there is forgiveness on Jesus' part, but sometimes forgiving a constant sinner isn't the best way.
I suppose you're smarter than Jesus. :roll:

how is it such a bad thing to accept other people's differences?

You may not agree with a religion, but you have to accept it because it's not going to go away. Same thing with anything the bible may say is wrong, but people do it anyway.

You're missing my point. :)

I realize that other countries have different legal distinctions for the age of majority. In the United States, children under age 18 years are legally minors, with a few exceptions. I believe even the UN considers 12-year-olds still minors, and condemns executions of minors.

Old enough for what? Old enough to kill them? I don't think so. :mad:

That's a bunch of baloney. The beginning of physiological change is NOT the same as mental and emotional maturity. It for sure isn't the measure for legal majority.

It's not God's fault. Part of their immaturity is their natural tendency (not recognizing long-term consequences), part a result of their parental upbringing, and part a result of society's influence. Of course, children are ultimately responsible for their own behavior but they can't be held to the same legal standards as adults. Children still deserve to have a childhood and time of innocence.

Exactly. Blame your "Christian" society. ;)

Jesus offers salvation to everyone. Everyone who repents and accepts His salvation will be saved from the penalty of sin, which is eternal suffering in hell. Sadly, not everyone accepts Jesus' offer. :(

People who do accept Jesus' offer still sin terribly. Some do not follow their Christian faith as God decreed for all of Jews and Christians. Are they to be thrown in hell?

I suppose you're smarter than Jesus. :roll:

Nay, worship me not. Worship God and God only.

You said that, not me.

In case you missed the point, your "Christian" America has deviated from the Bible on an unfortunate wide scale. You should never have deviated from it in the first place, not even if "time changed" as most of your fellow brothers and sisters claim. To use time is a poor justification for today's differences.

Every Christians know that the biggest sin of all is rejecting Jesus. You have to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul.

Jesus came to fulfilled the whole purpose of Laws. I hope Reba can explain it better than I can.

People who do accept Jesus' offer still sin terribly. Some do not follow their Christian faith as God decreed for all of Jews and Christians. Are they to be thrown in hell?

Nay, worship me not. Worship God and God only.

That the thing, yes they can still go to heaven, BUT they have want to submit to the Lord. It's their heart attitude that count, not how much they sin. If their heart is full of pride, then who knows.

In case you missed the point, your "Christian" America has deviated from the Bible on an unfortunate wide scale.
The United States has had a large Christian population over the years but it has never been a Christian theocracy.

You should never have deviated from it in the first place, not even if "time changed" as most of your fellow brothers and sisters claim. To use time is a poor justification for today's differences.
You didn't hear that from me. :cool:

The United States has had a large Christian population over the years but it has never been a Christian theocracy.

You're right. America was established because people who came over from England were escaping so they couldn't be persecuted for their sins.

You're right. America was established because people who came over from England were escaping so they couldn't be persecuted for their sins.

I thought it was for the purpose of practicing their own religion (and to avoid being persecuted for that reason)? England did not allow anyone practicing their own religion other than their own.

I thought it was for the purpose of practicing their own religion (and to avoid being persecuted for that reason)? England did not allow anyone practicing their own religion other than their own.

Not really. If you remember (or having taken European History) in the 1600's under Oliver Cromwell's time (England was already colonizing the Eastern coast of North America at this time) There were some clashes between the Christians and the Puritans, so some of the Brits fled the county in order to avoid the religious conflict, so the Puritans settled in the area that ranges from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania. The Christians colonized everything below the Pennsylvania border line.

...the Puritans settled in the area that ranges from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania. The Christians colonized everything below the Pennsylvania border line.
The Pilgrims, who came over on the Mayflower and landed in Massachusetts, were separatists. They fled English religious persecution first to Holland, then to America. The Puritans stayed behind in England, thinking they could "purify" the Church of England by their presence. They came over to America later.

The Pilgrims, who came over on the Mayflower and landed in Massachusetts, were separatists. They fled English religious persecution first to Holland, then to America. The Puritans stayed behind in England, thinking they could "purify" the Church of England by their presence. They came over to America later.

You do realize there were other people who has arrived at America long before the Mayflower situation? Try Explorers for $500, Alex. Not every expedition to America was done out of religion.

Pilgrims wore Puritan clothing. What does that tell you?

Last edited:
Back