VCO in Cellphones?

Don't forget if you have an android phone (froyo or later) or an iPhone, Hamilton CapTel has a free app that you can download. When using a smartphone, I like the App a lot better than the website, I use it at work all the time. In the settings of the app it's configured with the number of the phone at work. When I make a CapTel call, the system calls me (and in this case it rings the work phone not my cell) Then it dials the "outbound" number.

With the Hamilton CapTel App I can see what they say, and that's how the nice deaf man at wal-mart activates TracPhones for the old blue-hairs that are too helpless to do it themselves.

Wireless CapTel by Sprint | Sprint800

I discovered that the Sprint app is less restrictive than Hamilton what Android you put it on based on cell service available in your area. It can go on any with an Android operating system of 2.2 (froyo) or higher. I am in a area with 3G Verizon coverage and have it on a Droid 2 that is activated on Paige Plus (Page Plus is a Verizon MVNO ).

Last week I got an Epic 4G cellphone and have Sorenson installed in it. It works okay, though it can get awkward holding the phone with one hand and signing with the other. I wonder if there is a VCO service I can download, where I can talk into the phone and either read the replies through words or Sign Language? Sorenson does not have that feature, rats. Does anyone know?

It does have that feature, see below from the FAQ at svrs.com

Does ntouch Mobile for Android™ support the Voice Carry Over (VCO) feature?
Yes. If you are using 4G or Wi-Fi service, you can make a VCO call using just your mobile phone (i.e., you only need one phone). If you are using 3G service, you will need to have another phone available to you besides your ntouch Mobile for Android™ phone (i.e., you need to have two phones). If you are using a GSM network device (AT&T or T-Mobile) you will be able to place a VCO call over 3G using the same phone.

I have an iphone 4S. I use Hamiltonwebcaptel.com on my iPhone. Sprintwebcapel does not work on my iPhone. I don't know when the sprintwebcaptel will be available on my phone. I hope not too long!

vco for cell phone and pc.

you guys should try purple communication vrs It would be a great help.

I have an iphone 4S. I use Hamiltonwebcaptel.com on my iPhone. Sprintwebcapel does not work on my iPhone. I don't know when the sprintwebcaptel will be available on my phone. I hope not too long!

you guys should try purple communication vrs It would be a great help.

:laugh2: Of course none of us ever heard about that!

And the advice is a little late as the post responded to by angelkiss67 is from 2012 and this is 2015!

Back