Hi! I'm Dan Schwartz near Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanSchwartz

Hello, all!

Shawna referred me to this forum on Twitter. I have Very Nasty Reverse slope & reverse cookie bite hearing losses; and sometimes Very Bad Tinnitus. And no, audiologist lurkers, it's not Meniere's Syndrome. Nice try.

I'm an Electrical Engineer and RCA Engineer alumnus who worked with military submarine and satellite communications circuits. I also engineered & dispensed hearing aids a few years ago.

I'm just about at the tipping point for cochlear implants, as hearing aids just don't work due to upward spread of masking. I've had chief engineers of 2 hearing aid manufacturers tell me HA's won't work after spending a few hours on the lab workbench trying all sorts of prototype & other circuits, too.

If you're into Deaf culture, get lost: I don't have time for lazy-ass slugs who refuse to fix their impairment. You Can't Fix Stupid.

Follow me on Twitter @Dan_Schwartz. You can visit my blog here, and visit my funny Home Page here.

My avatar is the antique red RCA round logo. Once an RCA Engineer, always an RCA Engineer!

Why, exactly, have you decided to visit a website composed of "lazy ass slugs who refuse to fix their impairment"? Looks like you failed to think that one all the way through when you chose a forum called AllDeaf, LOL. It would appear that you are very angry about your deafness because you allow it to interfere with your life. There is much you could learn from the "lazy ass slugs" around here, not the least of which is consideration for others.

But then, your home page explains it all (eyes rolling).

Wow Dan, I referred you to this site because I love this site very much and THIS IS the Deaf community! Not so you can come here and call my friends " lazy-ass slugs who refuse to fix their impairment"

I'm at a loss right now.... Curious, why would you say that?

Wow Dan, I referred you to this site because I love this site very much and THIS IS the Deaf community! Not so you can come here and call my friends " lazy-ass slugs who refuse to fix their impairment"

I'm at a loss right now.... Curious, why would you say that?

Check his home page, Candy. He obviously considers himself to be superior to others in some way. Funny how people can have such innacurrate perceptions of themselves, isn't it? It would take a lot more than a CI to "fix" this one.

Check his home page, Candy. He obviously considers himself to be superior to others in some way. Funny how people can have such innacurrate perceptions of themselves, isn't it?

My mouth is on the floor right now Jillio. It saddens me that people have these outlooks on life and people. I always refer people to this site by nature because I love what it is, the people of it and what it represents.. I just cannot believe what I just read!

My mouth is on the floor right now Jillio. It saddens me that people have these outlooks on life and people. I always refer people to this site by nature because I love what it is, the people of it and what it represents.. I just cannot believe what I just read!

I'm am certain that your intentions were very good. He obviously needs some education regarding deafness and the culture, and I'm sure that you felt he would receive support here. It is unfortunate that he doesn't see exactly how needy he is, but you certainly cannot be held responsible for that.

Mod Note: I closed this thread because I feel it would hurt the feelings of many members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back