If a cashier gave you too much change would you be honest?

Honest or not?

• I'd go back and give the money back

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • I'd keep the money, their mistake isn't my problem

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Depends on which grocery!

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
my vote says I'd go back and give the money back but im not usually give money to the stores if cash found on the floor!

when im lives in MO for about 8 months and i found cash i dont know who that cash i kept it and unknown people have cash! and my friends very lucky to kept that cash!

mostly stores or banks have problems with cash you should kept cash but i dont think its would be steal! but im sure the banks have camera its more serious!

but i never have mistakes for kept money NEVER! but my mom didnt know that! and when i found cash in wash like $10.00 its my brother's money and i kept all the times and my brother never knew where his money is!

when i found cash in wash like $10.00 its my brother's money and i kept all the times and my brother never knew where his money is!

stealing from your brother? How nice, not! :ugh: I'm glad I'm not your sister.

When I found change or dollar bills in the washer or dryer and in the washer/dryer are my boys clothes, I would know those change and dollar bills belongs to either one of them. I would ask them if they lost any change or dollar bills, then I will give it back to either one of them who claims it belongs to either one of them. If not, I'll split the money and give the equal change or dollar bills to them. It's only fair if it goes unclaimed. :)

I never forgot, I was hurry at the bank. The teller gave me $500 dollars more when I was at red light traffic to count my money. I was perplexed and re-count my money twice. I said, whoa wait a minute, I got over 500 dollars cash in my hands.

I have known that teller for years, I came back to her. She was surprised to seeing me show up at the bank with 500 cash over in my hands. She was big relived with honest person.

She learns sign language, thank you welcome, etc.. It makes me that I am special customer at the bank. ;)

I would keep it if I really need money, ha but I always use debit card than cash oh well

depend how small and big I would keep.

If it's bigger than I thought, I would be either get both of us in trouble.
Small is hardly notice.

I would give back money to the cashier. It had happened to me many times and the cashier always sign with big relief and thanked me so much. I can't keep the cash that isn't mine, plus I know God is watching me.

I would give it back. Most places would dock the paycheck of cashier that made a mistake and they dont pay them that well in first place.

Yes, it's happened to me several times.

*Looking up at Bear's* Conversely, I have had to correct cashier's shortchanging as well.....many times!

LOl 2c that is why us cashier's are always supposed to count the change back. Sadly, many don't and when I have the time, I usually correct them and force them to count my change back to me. Usually, they just sigh and roll their eyes at me. I always tell them, counting change back keeps you from shortchanging and or from giving too much back, and makes you a better cashier and more valuable to the company.

That usually straightens them right up! lol

plus I know God is watching me.

That's absolute correct.

God is saying *psst* Do the right thing, give the money back, be a honest citizen.

Satan is saying *psst* keep it, it's the crazy cashier's error, go and run off with money *devil crackling with horns*

oh I didn't read the first post. Yeah of course if I notice it, I'll give back.

But most of the time, cashier gives me change, and I put in my purse and not notice anything.

I do the same thing most of the time. Maybe there is a chance I have kept more money than I was supposed to. :ugh3:

I'd like to say that because I'm such a great person I would DEFINITELY give it back but I have to be truthful and say that it depends on the store and also on the cashier if I like them or not. If they are not friendly to me and I don't like the store then I wouldn't care about getting too much money. For the most part I would be honest and return it though because I used to be a cashier at Super Fresh grocery store and I had to pay out of my pocket for shortages in my register. It's not fun especially when you get paid minimum wage.

That's absolute correct.

God is saying *psst* Do the right thing, give the money back, be a honest citizen.

Satan is saying *psst* keep it, it's the crazy cashier's error, go and run off with money *devil crackling with horns*

ha very funni sis.

Give it back! Honesty is a reflection on us. If we upheld ourself to a standard and showed honesty in our dealings, it also shows good moral character. That is important when you go for a job.

But, if we were, guess who got the write ups? Some places even take it out of their paychecks.

+1

18 members says: I'd go back and give the money back
10 members says: I'd keep the money, their mistake isn't my problem

:shock: We have 10 greedy, selfish, un-honest members on AD who's doing the wrong thing.

;) We have 18 honest and good members on AD who's doing the right thing.

This is just to show me how many trusting ADers on this site.

Back