semi truck driver stories

the photos was in Donner Summit in Nevada going on I-80 west.

another photos

14.jpg
[/IMG]
another guy passed me.. im going 55mph another truck probably goes 70 to 75 mph. scares the crap out of me heh windy that day
13.jpg

at the yard full of cabover linehauls and city trucks. all brand new 2007 and 2008 models (white cabover ) 2004 i think.
in Idaho, Pocatello 2-1/2 hrs drive from beaverhead to pocatello

12.jpg

my first truck (in dayton nevada)

volvo vnm 45* liftgate trailer

I have never seen 3 trailers at the same time mostly 2 trailers. Boy that look scary to me. Expecially when you tried to make a turn. :eek:

wow..have this SAIA freight lines here in NC, Three trailers haul look cool! never see this triple haul here before but this triples are illegal here and at most east coast area but seen plenty doubles but would love to see how the triples turn out when making turns and back ups...

Between Truckee or Lake Tahoe, California I was hauling a single city trailer on I-80 east. I fell asleep, about 40 miles later.. Woke up and noticed I am in Reno and I couldn't rememeber what I did. I looked at the trailer and everything.. Its seem alright.. My body was completely shaking. I arrived in yard and my TM let me go home and get some rest. That happened to me ONCE, never happen again!!!

You slept while driving for 40 miles? I must be confusing.

wow..have this SAIA freight lines here in NC, Three trailers haul look cool! never see this triple haul here before but this triples are illegal here and at most east coast area but seen plenty doubles but would love to see how the triples turn out when making turns and back ups...

Yeah, it was diffcult to get triples in the narrow road in the city. backing ups... its not that hard but at first, yes it was fricking hard then i gets used to it. watch how 2nd trailer turn opposite way then i got to go foward then go reverse to make the 2nd trailer go another oppoiste waythen the last trailer will turn on its own depends how i want where it should be parked at.

sometime, i dehatch the doubles trailer then parked it and went back to hookup the last trailer to backup to the dock.

yeah, i know triples looks badass hehe:lol: triples are legeal in some states

I have never seen 3 trailers at the same time mostly 2 trailers. Boy that look scary to me. Expecially when you tried to make a turn. :eek:

Yeah 3 trailers pull are common in the west. Only on flat straight interstate rural highway. Once at a truck stop near city, they have to drop one off and have other truck pick up the trailer and then proceed to destignation. They can pull not only 3 20' trailers but they also pull 2 50' trailers in the west as well.

Generalgoosepac

My dad drove all kinds of big trucks included dump truck and loading truck and semi truck and I got to ride it all (laughing), its huge and big and I enjoy riding with my dad in all those big trucks, its fun but my dad complained it hurts his back turning a big steering wheel, I sure miss the huge views, so high up and very cool but poor dad and I miss riding all of those trucks I rode in, daddy retired!:bowdown:(laughing)

HEY GUYS, I WANTED TO START THIS THREAD ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH A SEMI TRUCK. SOME OF THOSE MIGHT BE FUNNY, SCARY, BUT ALL ARE TRUE STORIES.

ALMOST 2 YEAR AGO, I GOT A CDL license (commerical driver license). MY FIRST COMPANY I STARTED WITH WAS "YELLOW", I QUIT BECAUSE OF UNDERPAID. I GOT ANOTHER JOB AT DATS TRUCK COMPANY. I WASN'T HAPPY WITH THE TM (terminal manager) we wasn't communicating very well via emails. He expects me to use the CB radio.. I can hear depends how fast this person speaks.. I can't hear very fast talker, only hear slow talker...

I quited and got job with SAIA. I love this job until I moved to here (Montana) found out that the pay isn't the same as in Nevada, so today (Jan/11/08) will have an interview with Oak Harbor Freight Lines inc at 11:30am

Tomorrow, I will start with one of my favorite stories. Anyone of you who have a story related with semi truck driver. Please tell us!!!!!

I have a quick werid stories happened to me one time

Between Truckee or Lake Tahoe, California I was hauling a single city trailer on I-80 east. I fell asleep, about 40 miles later.. Woke up and noticed I am in Reno and I couldn't rememeber what I did. I looked at the trailer and everything.. Its seem alright.. My body was completely shaking. I arrived in yard and my TM let me go home and get some rest. That happened to me ONCE, never happen again!!!

Neat photos ya took...

The Donner Summit: Beautiful snow around it, I miss the snow covered trees, roads etc.

Yeah here is the link on which states permit LCV (Longer Combination Vehicles). This can't be seen in most East Coast except Turnpikes. Hauling LCV is dangerous and is risky on the road and is hard on the road.

Source: Vehicle Technologies Program: Fact #411: February 13, 2006 States that Allow Longer Combination Vehicles

My Best Day To Get Even With My Dispatcher!!!

My dispatcher ran me like a dog. When i got back to the yard,he said to get trailer s#%& it was hot and ready to go.so,i hooked up the trailer up.did my pre-trip, and drove 150 miles to my destination. So i backed up. and the manager of the place said" are you picking up? or delivering?? just then i as i was opening the door i said i had his hot delivery..........so.. the door went open...and guess what?? the fricking trailer was empty!! oh my god.....i was so laughing so hard.. so was the manager.. i said well i guess i am not delivering to you today.we both laughed... i emailed to dispatch..and of course he tried to flip it that it was my fault....did i tell you also, that i didnt load the trailer...what's even more funny.we have 45 trucks on the lot.i bet you my dispatcher had to go through every one of those trailer to find my missing inventory.... belive me.. that was my best day ever!!

So after that day, he always make sure the trailer is loaded!!!!!!

*Angel* thank you.. I will post more picture when I get back home.

I will be gone to a long journey to Moly Mines, colorado. There will 4 linehauls drivers going on this trip. I never been on a very long journey. I'm hauling doubles.

I'm excited and nervous cuz Moly Mines is a very narrow road. My dispatcher said I can say no to this risk trip but I accept the offer and will take the risk.

One guy co-worker (veteran driver) will lead me to the Moly Mines. This trip will be his last trip. He will be retire this monday. Look like I will be follow Scott all way. Yes, I already bring the camera and will take many picture and post them when I get back home. Smile

If anyone who wanna contact me. I will answer back to you whenever I can.

Aim moparhemiguy87

I will be gone over a week. Wish me good luck!

Good luck and have a safe journey to Moly Mines. Just be sure to get back in one piece. ;)

As for the 'empty' trailer upon arrival of your destination...I bet that sure was funny as well as a bit of an embarrassment. Good thing they took it well, not a whole lot of 'other' places would be so understanding.

10-4, Roger that, over and out.

~RR

General, You got nice pictures and that's pretty impressed to saw that, I'm hardly to see semi-truck with triple of loads.

I just wonders if you get good paid for be semi-truck driver?

I just want to know if profound (fully) deaf people are allowed to drive on semi-truck, or is it does allowed?

I just want to know if profound (fully) deaf people are allowed to drive on semi-truck, or is it does allowed?

No...per D.O.T. Regulations, it's stated:

"(b)(11) First perceives a forced whispered voice in the better ear at not less than 5 feet with or without the use of a hearing aid or, if tested by use of an audiometric device, does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz with or without a hearing aid when the audiometric device is calibrated to American National Standard (formerly ASA Standard) Z24.5-1951; " ( link )

~RR

That's a big 10-4!!

Some of you may don't understand trucker's cb slang talk. Here's the link.

CB SLANG

Last night I got in SLC, Utah rest area. I had to take my garbage out to garbage bin near me. I went back to the truck and realized that I locked myself outside.

I left the keys inside the truck.. The door was locked... I walked to scott's truck and asked him to call locksmith but he said he knows how to break in the truck.. I can't tell you how to do this.. Finally after 10 min struggling open the door. My hands was freezing barely can move the fingers haha

Tomorrow I should arrive in Moly Mines, Colorado. Hope there's some connection up in the mountian so I could use AD.com on my laptop.

Saw many bear trap behind the billboards.. I kept my speed on double nickel 10-3
(Figure out what I said check out on the link!!)

My road slang is "Brother Trucker"

Pacman- yes, the pay is good, depends on what company. Some compnay pays on mileage, or hour. My company (Saia) pays by hour.

HEY GUYS, IM JUST LETTING YOU ALL KNOW I AM TURNING BACK HOME SINCE THE COMPANY UP IN MOLY MINES CANCELED THE SHIPPING ORDER. MY TM EMAILED ME TO TURN BACK. IM KINDA OF PISSED OFF :pissed:

I HAD A SHORT TALK WITH MY DAD, MY DISPATCHER HAS BEEN RUNNING ME LIKE A DOG, IM GETTING TIRED OF IT. SO MY DAD CALLED ME LATER TODAY. HE GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER, IT WAS A USF REDDAWAY COMPANY. EARILER TODAY, MY DAD'S FRIEND HAD A TALK WITH DAD, HE MENTIONED THAT HIS COMPANY ARE HIRING P&D DRIVERS. THATS MY CHANCE TO TRANSER TO A NEW COMPANY. I CALLED THEM RECENTLY, OH WOW THEY WANTED ME COME IN EITHER TOMORROW AFTERNOON OR FRIDAY.

SHOULD I TRANSFER TO THAT COMPANY. USF REDDAWAY
:hmm:
GOOD SALARY, ALL BRAND NEW P&D TRUCK:mrgreen:, NEAR MY HOME 45 MIN DRIVE TO USF YARD *SIGH* I'LL THINK ABOUT IT.

I'M AT FLYING J TRUCK STOP. :type: I WILL DO POSTING SOME NICE PICTURES I TOOK LAST NIGHT.

more pictures for you all

2.jpg

2-1.jpg

this was my last run with SAIA, i went to USF last night and had a good talk with USF TM. he seem a nice guy, he wanted me to drive one of his truck. he told me to go 7-11 near the yard about 4 blocks away. i drove to the 7-11 the TM looked at me he said *chuckles* "you are hired" i was speechless lol

got in the office and signed some paperwork:deal: today i will go take drug screen and will start work with USF REDDAWAY on monday morning!

last night, i went to SAIA to drop the truck/trailer and walked in the dispatcher's office. i hate to tell him that im quitting:Ohno:. but i told him everything. oh boy he was so upset, he got evrything routes setup for me for today. i told him i know i should kinda of had told him before 2 week notice but it was so last min. he wishes me a luck,:ty: i walked out of the building.:wave: i will miss working for SAIA but i need to get better benefits etc

(someone PM me few days ago asking for picture of interior in the truck)

21.jpg

Back