lost my honda st1100

SilentRider

Reaction score
Hi all, :wave: yesterday at 645pm i was cruising 25 mph to pick up take out dinner on my motorcycle . i was going straight and suddenly a car from the opposite direction quickly turned left right into me, we T-boned and i flew 15-20 feet over his car. i was lucky to be able to stand up and walk away with broken ribs and swollen right hand. they took me in ambulance to E.R tested me and released me. man it sucks when someone doesn't pay attention and hit. Anyways im now recuperating and will find out soon how long to expect to recover. For those who ride, watch out, be careful. usually u can spot situations and get out but this one was a quick accident with no time to avoid. now going to have to buy a new helmet, bike, gloves, jacket, pants. they all protected me.
Ride for life dudes! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Hi all, :wave: yesterday at 645pm i was cruising 25 mph to pick up take out dinner on my motorcycle . i was going straight and suddenly a car from the opposite direction quickly turned left right into me, we T-boned and i flew 15-20 feet over his car. i was lucky to be able to stand up and walk away with broken ribs and swollen right hand. they took me in ambulance to E.R tested me and released me. man it sucks when someone doesn't pay attention and hit. Anyways im now recuperating and will find out soon how long to expect to recover. For those who ride, watch out, be careful. usually u can spot situations and get out but this one was a quick accident with no time to avoid. now going to have to buy a new helmet, bike, gloves, jacket, pants. they all protected me.

Ouch, not good.

A month ago a deaf guy got killed from motorcycle crash in East Coast, and another deaf guy fell from his bike and broken his shoulder really badly. Should I still buy a motorcycle?

I got some close encounters when I was riding bike in Chicago area. People do not watch for bikers and open door. They would have opened door and slam me to street if I did not look up. Always be aware of your surroundings at all the times!!!!

Ouch, not good.

A month ago a deaf guy got killed from motorcycle crash in East Coast, and another deaf guy fell from his bike and broken his shoulder really badly. Should I still buy a motorcycle?

if you practice and practice enough, and it is highly recommended by many bikers to take the class taught by cops.. and have all the proper gear. it is pretty safe. just like cars get in accidents, it is same with motorcycles. most who are controlled, mature, doesn't hot rod are pretty good riders with no accidents.
its part of the territory, the fact that i dirt bike made me a better rider and know how to roll off a bike with less impact made a big difference. im gonna make the other guys insurance buy me a new bike. :cool2:

Knuckle! Glad your alive. The lesson I learn years ago is NEVER trust any driver regardless! Been there done that zoom to hospital done.

Yeah, really it is up to you. If "In the wind" is in your heart then yeah. If you are terrified of motorcycle then forget it.

Ouch, not good.

Ouch, not good.

It really all depends on when your riding are you going to be paranoid that every truck on the road is going to squash you like a pancake or are you more concerned about enjoying yourself. Because at the end of the day a major or serious accident that has life long effects is somthing you need to accept might happen.

:gpost::rockon::bump:totally man, you have to love it to consider the risks and make sure you are up to par in skills and practice.. even though i got in this accident, im already looking in the web for which bike to have next.. that guy practically bought me a new bike :cool2: thanks for your words you die hard bikers.

Ouch, not good.

if you're that scared, then no you shouldn't get a motorcycle.

if you have taken safety course like MSF and you're prepared to accept the risk... then go for it!

whew! glad to hear you're safe! sux that your beloved Honda ST1100 is gone.

I didn't know you have ST1100 and I've been thinking about getting one. Can you tell me anything about it? and also what new bike are you going to get?

whew! glad to hear you're safe! sux that your beloved Honda ST1100 is gone.

I didn't know you have ST1100 and I've been thinking about getting one. Can you tell me anything about it? and also what new bike are you going to get?

yep beloved! i even named her roxy, she kept me nice and cozy on my commutes to work. has 150 hp, due to aftermarket exhaust pipes, cam shim, valves.. kept me warm with aftermarket windshield, and throttle heat warmer. and a comfy corbin seat. :cry: im gonna miss her. was going to make a trip to oregon to visit my dad after xmas rush.. from what i have compared my bike to others, like yz1000, vfr650 750 mine felt very comfy and yet had the power. was funny story... bought it from craigslist, and when we went to the house i noticed the seller had 20+ bikes in his garage, and when i saw him it was my injury doctor! he kept it in good shape and since it was me cut the price in half threw in extra parts for it.
it ran good, had average 43 mpg if i don't take it in the steep mountains. had side bags and a helmet bin in the back. so was easy to pack and go for the weekend. sigh, thanks for letting me talk about her. i feel some relief.
the motorcycle cop who helped me at the accident, he said u gotta get the st1300, they got a lot more gadgets and is a great bike. so i think ill check them out, also will check out the 13 ab concur by kawaski, and maybe even a bmw unsure which model. :hmm:

yep beloved! i even named her roxy, she kept me nice and cozy on my commutes to work. has 150 hp, due to aftermarket exhaust pipes, cam shim, valves.. kept me warm with aftermarket windshield, and throttle heat warmer. and a comfy corbin seat. :cry: im gonna miss her. was going to make a trip to oregon to visit my dad after xmas rush.. from what i have compared my bike to others, like yz1000, vfr650 750 mine felt very comfy and yet had the power. was funny story... bought it from craigslist, and when we went to the house i noticed the seller had 20+ bikes in his garage, and when i saw him it was my injury doctor! he kept it in good shape and since it was me cut the price in half threw in extra parts for it.
it ran good, had average 43 mpg if i don't take it in the steep mountains. had side bags and a helmet bin in the back. so was easy to pack and go for the weekend. sigh, thanks for letting me talk about her. i feel some relief.
the motorcycle cop who helped me at the accident, he said u gotta get the st1300, they got a lot more gadgets and is a great bike. so i think ill check them out, also will check out the 13 ab concur by kawaski, and maybe even a bmw unsure which model. :hmm:

lol!!! @ cop's suggestion about ST1300 :thumb:

it is a tough choice between 3 bikes. ST1300. Concourse. or BMW R or K-model. I wouldn't know better. These are fine bikes. :hmm:

SilentRider

I know nothing about motorcycles but can't help but wonder if you were able to salvage any of the accessories from the totaled bike?

SilentRider

I know nothing about motorcycles but can't help but wonder if you were able to salvage any of the accessories from the totaled bike?

very excellent question, i asked my biker buddy that question 2 days ago..so as soon as i can get out of the house, i need to fill out a release form, then i can go to the tow and check it out. possible salvage the brand new tires, the after market windshield, sidebags, corbin seat.. will see how it looks, i didnt really get to see what it looked liike as the ambulance took me away.. i can let u know after i do that. :hmm:

very excellent question, i asked my biker buddy that question 2 days ago..so as soon as i can get out of the house, i need to fill out a release form, then i can go to the tow and check it out. possible salvage the brand new tires, the after market windshield, sidebags, corbin seat.. will see how it looks, i didnt really get to see what it looked liike as the ambulance took me away.. i can let u know after i do that. :hmm:

This question has been asked many times in my motorcycle forum. the answer is 50-50.

What I can suggest is to retrieve your accessories and everything before the insurance agent writes it off as total. Once he does, your bike and everything on it belongs to them. But..... why bother? If your gear and your accessories such as corbin seat and GPS were damaged, they do usually pay for it.

Yup, once totaled, insurance companies automatically owns that junked vehicles. I have seen enough, and heard enough. It is not easy to win with Insurance companies.

This question has been asked many times in my motorcycle forum. the answer is 50-50.

What I can suggest is to retrieve your accessories and everything before the insurance agent writes it off as total. Once he does, your bike and everything on it belongs to them. But..... why bother? If your gear and your accessories such as corbin seat and GPS were damaged, they do usually pay for it.

Yup, once totaled, insurance companies automatically owns that junked vehicles. I have seen enough, and heard enough. It is not easy to win with Insurance companies.

win with insurance companies? I'm not sure what you're talking about. you have a choice to accept it or not. and beside - why would you want to keep a junk when they would give you $$$$$$ to buy a new one???

Here's what i learned yesterday. cant use my right hand to stick shiftc so i used my yukon has automatic. and went by the tow place after filling out release papers from the police station. i noticed theres nothing salvageable except maybe the corbin seat, probably could cragilist it for a fast 200$ so i grabbed my personal effects from the compartments and as i worked to take the seat off, the tow guy tells me we are going to have to tell the ins about this. and i said what do u mean? so went inside where they did the pen and paper communication. so i said ohh forget it and left the seat. otherwise wont get reimburised for it. like the post on here says the ins owns it now.
cant even sipoon the gas out either lol. :cool2:

Im going to try posting some pics of the bike wreck...:shock:

Attachments

• IMAG0779.jpg
    IMAG0779.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0772.jpg
    IMAG0772.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0777.jpg
    IMAG0777.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 15
First of all, part out, there is money in it. Second, generally I wouldn't keep it. I happen to share about my friend's experience. Again, it is almost impossible to win with insurance companies.

win with insurance companies? I'm not sure what you're talking about. you have a choice to accept it or not. and beside - why would you want to keep a junk when they would give you $$$$$$ to buy a new one???

Back