Most Useful Devices for Deaf People

DVDs. I wish that stuff on the internet was captioned. I can't wait for that to be required.

My dog, bed alarm clock (I am very heavy sleeper, ask anyone who vouches for me), and iphone.

My Sidekick was the best thing ever. RIP Sidekick. My Evo doesn't live up to my expectations...so the next thing in line is the vibrating Sonic Boom clock.

The best deaf friendly tool?
Laptop - Email, IM, Alldeaf, and researching on *truly* useful deaf products such as the vibrating alarm clock.

iPhone - texting, email, IM, FBing on the go.

I'm looking seriously into buying the vibrating alarm clocks as my hearing has deteriorated further and I've been sleeping through my alarms a lot lately.

What kind of help do you guys get from iphones and laptops?

I use iPad and iPhone. Communication biggest help! Text lots :) FaceTime too. Like portable video phone! Many good apps too. I don't have computer. Do everything on iPad. Google, email, AD...

The best deaf friendly tool?
Laptop - Email, IM, Alldeaf, and researching on *truly* useful deaf products such as the vibrating alarm clock.

iPhone - texting, email, IM, FBing on the go.

I'm looking seriously into buying the vibrating alarm clocks as my hearing has deteriorated further and I've been sleeping through my alarms a lot lately.

I bought a simple (cheap) light timer. then I put a 100 watt bulb in the lamp. :shock: Worked like a champ until I figured out how to turn over and put my head under my pillow just before the light came on. :lol: sigh... now I use my cell phone to vibrate under my pillow.

I use iPad and iPhone. Communication biggest help! Text lots :) FaceTime too. Like portable video phone! Many good apps too. I don't have computer. Do everything on iPad. Google, email, AD...

I've had iPhone since May, and I've yet to use FaceTime. Mostly because none of my contacts have a FaceTime capable iPhone. :( Oh well.

I bought a simple (cheap) light timer. then I put a 100 watt bulb in the lamp. :shock: Worked like a champ until I figured out how to turn over and put my head under my pillow just before the light came on. :lol: sigh... now I use my cell phone to vibrate under my pillow.

I may try this until I can get my vibrating alarm clock. I can probably get one of these at Radio Shack.

I've had iPhone since May, and I've yet to use FaceTime. Mostly because none of my contacts have a FaceTime capable iPhone. :( Oh well.

I only use with Dallas and sister Season. Nobody else I know use it.

I only use with Dallas and sister Season. Nobody else I know use it.

I am thinking when I move to Russvegas and re-enroll at Uni, I will find some people that use FaceTime to try it out on our phones. I also found out I am one of two people in my small town that has a white iPhone. :D

I may try this until I can get my vibrating alarm clock. I can probably get one of these at Radio Shack.

I doubt that Radio Shack will have a vibrating alarm clock. Or did you mean to get the cell phone from Radio Shack? Do they carry cell phones??? Obviously I haven't been to Radio Shack in many many years.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Maybe she's talented enough to make her on? They sell parts.

my deaf motorcycle. it takes me to I need to go - anywhere, anytime. It is deaf-friendly because whenever deaf people see my bike, they know I'm here.

:)

Good one, me too and my HTC TB is all I need. I'm never home. :cool2:

I use:

• Bedshaker clock
  • Sun Alarm clock
  • Text messages on cell phone
  • real-time captioning for my classes
  • trying to figure out how video phone (VRS) stuff works

Wirelessly posted (droid)

A dog?
Yes , a dog! They can let you know if someone is outside your house and some dogs will let you know when the mail carrier is at your house, Finlay did this. And the best part is they a great friend!

Back