activist missing after declaring war on leather at Motorcycle rally

Exactly!

:rolls: here too!

I love all animals very much too but I don't advocate PETA at all...they go too far, they go overboard, and are just plain stupid. What they do is total overkill, and they still kill animals anyway, so what they are doing is not effective at all to begin with.

Well, PETA is not really pro-animal welfare; more like pro-animal rights. Welfare and rights are two different concepts. They view pet-ownerships as slavery, and death is better than slavery.

So, really, they're not advocating for better treatment of animals; they're advocating for the abolishment of human-animal relationships.

"The creators of Snopes.com admit that Snopes is only as reliable as the sources it cites"

is probably the best one.

The Truth Behind Snopes.com

This will make your head spin trying to figure out who is telling the truth and who is not, but if you’ve received the email below about Snopes.com, I imagine you are looking for the facts.

First the email…

For the past few years snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages has positioned itself, or others have labeled it as the ‘tell-all, final word’ on any comment, claim and e-mail.

But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com . Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it – kind of makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team – that’s right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers.. It’s just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby.

David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the web site about 13 years ago – and they have no formal background or experience in
investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who
was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason
for the questions – or skepticisms – is a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issues, when in fact, they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the ‘true’ bottom of various issues.

When I saw that Snopes had falsely claimed that Obama’s Birth Certificate had been properly validated, I realized something was wrong with either their research and/or their credibility. It seems something is seriously wrong with both.

Then a few months ago, when my State Farm agent Bud Gregg in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the Internet,
Supposedly the Mikkelsons claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ever took place.

I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this, and I gave him Bud Gregg’s contact phone numbers. Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec’s at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet snopes.com issued a statement as the ‘final factual word’ on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things. Not!

Then it has been learned the Mikkelsons are very Democrat and extremely liberal. As we all now know from this presidential election, liberals have a purpose agenda to discredit anything that appears to be conservative. There has been much criticism lately over the
Internet with people pointing out the Mikkelsons liberalism revealing itself in their web site findings.

Gee, what a shock!

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages to get what they
think to be the bottom line facts: Proceed with caution. Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself.

Plus, you can always Google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that’s all the Mikkelsons do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience for their ‘not’ fully looking into things.

So, is Snopes.com run by “very Democratic” proprietors? Did they lie to discredit a State Farm insurance agent who attacked Obama? (The State Farm sign in question was posted here by me last year.)

According to FactCheck.org:

A chain e-mail that “exposed” Snopes contains falsehoods. And in fact, the site is run by someone who has no political party affiliation and his non-voting Canadian wife. A State Farm spokeswoman confirms what they reported about the Obama-baiting agent.

This widely circulated e-mail contains a number of false claims about the urban legend-busting Snopes.com and its proprietors, Barbara and David Mikkelson, who started the site in 1995 and still run it. They’re accused of hiding their identities, doing shoddy research, producing articles with a liberal bent and discrediting an anti-Obama State Farm agent out of partisanship.

Back