Kim Jong II is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that everyone are saying his son will take over.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il dead, state TV reports - CNN.com

Discuss away.

Do you think that his son will be far off more evil than his father?

It was funny how Kim Jong Il chose which one to be the next successor. He picked his youngest son (Kim Jong-Un) because he is more educated and focused. Other son (Kim Jong-Chol) is a womanizer and too girly... undesirable trait and image for dictatorship. His oldest son (Kim Jong-Nam) was a constant embarrassment to him so he was taken out of picture.

but IMO - my only concern is that there will be 2 scenarios.

Scenario A - a power struggle between powerful people and Kim Jong-Un. If this is the case, it can get messy.

Scenario B - Kim Jong-Un will open his gate to rogue nations and have a "FOR SALE" business - selling/manufacturing its dangerous weapons to any interested parties.

This should be interesting. . . .

And, he died of "overwork?" Yeah right. I think sonny boy Simba just could not wait to be king.

Look at North Korean sign language interpreter.

[yt]7zT8lKweG00[/yt]

Look at North Korean sign language interpreter.
For those who couldn't hear the newscaster, her voice was extremely distraught sounding. She was really choked up and upset. Her face didn't show as much emotion as her voice did.

don't need to. I'm Korean :giggle:
On the news, they show many N. Korean individuals very upset and crying about his death. To what do you ascribe all the tearful emotion? Are the people really heartbroken that a beloved leader died? Or are they in high anxiety over what the new leader might bring to them? Or is it something else? What reaction do you get from your parents and their friends and relatives?

For those who couldn't hear the newscaster, her voice was extremely distraught sounding. She was really choked up and upset. Her face didn't show as much emotion as her voice did.

Too bad it wasn't you interpreting. You would have reflected it. ;)

On the news, they show many N. Korean individuals very upset and crying about his death. To what do you ascribe all the tearful emotion? Are the people really heartbroken that a beloved leader died? Or are they in high anxiety over what the new leader might bring to them? Or is it something else? What reaction do you get from your parents and their friends and relatives?

forced reactions

they had to or it's punishable by death or hard labor at prison.

in North Korea, a tour guide is required to tell a very moving and emotional story about the Great Leader to make tourists cry in couple minutes.

What reaction do you get from your parents and their friends and relatives?

give it some time. I'll let you know. right now - I just asked my mom and she shrugged - "I don't care" and she even giggled like this :giggle:

meaning - "same ole'. same shit, different asshole."

but as for me - it is in my opinion that Kim Jong-Un will be more open-minded than his father when it comes to diplomacy and foreign matters since he's educated in Switzerland and has a modern life experience and perspective in outside world.

My only concern is that South Korea's allies especially America may complicates the matter and also a certain few North Korea players such as a military general may undermine Kim Jong-Un's authority to maintain NK's hardliner stance. I guess we'll see on December 28th

I hear his brother is even worse than him.

Hopefully this destabilizes the power base and give the people a chance to reclaim control of their own lives. There is some debate as to how much control the son really has over the military. Remember the father had all of his hand picked people in control. The son will need to do the same to keep in power. The US and China are really watching this closely. (oh I'm sure South Korea is watching closely too).

Looks like Team America World Police finally finished the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back