Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

tw33tyWolf

Reaction score
there will be a deaf girl on the show called switched at birth so if you have it then okay but if you dont you can go on internate or hulu there to watch it it gonna be awsome:D:ty:

Last edited by a moderator:
8 pm June 6 ABC Family. It's a Monday. I made a note of it.

Hey everyone! I am here on behalf of ABC Family to tell you about Switched at Birth, a new show coming to you on Monday, June 6 at 9/8c (right after Secret Life!). It follows the lives of two girls, Bay and Daphne, who find out they were accidentally switched in the hospital as newborns. Bay grows up in a wealthy family with two parents and Daphne, deaf due to a case of meningitis, grows up in a working class neighborhood to a single mother. The deaf community plays a large role in this new series and even the actors are taking the time to learn American Sign Language (ASL)! Plus, the acclaimed actress Marlee Matlin, a huge role model in the deaf community, is featured on the show. We’d love to hear what you think about this unique premise that will be just as educational is it is entertaining![/I]

Hey everyone! I am here on behalf of ABC Family to tell you about Switched at Birth, a new show coming to you on Monday, June 6 at 9/8c (right after Secret Life!). It follows the lives of two girls, Bay and Daphne, who find out they were accidentally switched in the hospital as newborns. Bay grows up in a wealthy family with two parents and Daphne, deaf due to a case of meningitis, grows up in a working class neighborhood to a single mother. The deaf community plays a large role in this new series and even the actors are taking the time to learn American Sign Language (ASL)! Plus, the acclaimed actress Marlee Matlin, a huge role model in the deaf community, is featured on the show. We’d love to hear what you think about this unique premise that will be just as educational is it is entertaining![/I]

Hearing people to play the roles of deafies? Forget it, not watching. :thumbd:

First; I am glad you came on to post about the show. It is pretty cool to see a TV network coming on the forum. This needs to happen more often.

Second; I want you to be aware in my personal view that Marlee Matlin is not a "huge role model in the deaf community."

Third; Since I don't have a TV set - I hope this puts light on the Deaf - selling being Deaf as a sexy thing. Before anyone misunderstands, I use 'sexy' as in "cool" "as be" not vulgarly.

[FONT=&quot]Thank you all for the warm welcome! I’m so happy to be here and talk about the show with you all. The show casts both deaf and hearing actors so you get a nice mix, plus it’s great that all the hearing actors are taking the time to learn ASL as well. We really think the show will bring to light some important issues in the deaf community! What would you all most like to see in the series? Have you checked out any of the promos yet? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you all for the warm welcome! I’m so happy to be here and talk about the show with you all. The show casts both deaf and hearing actors so you get a nice mix, plus it’s great that all the hearing actors are taking the time to learn ASL as well. We really think the show will bring to light some important issues in the deaf community! What would you all most like to see in the series? Have you checked out any of the promos yet? [/FONT]

Can you point me to the promos please? I am not too aware of what's going on the TV these days.

I went to ABC's website for the show, clicked to watch the preview, but like any other network's previews, it was not captioned so I was lost. Ah well. Hope the show will be better. Oh wait!! Due to the airplanes, we don't get ABC here. Too Bad. Maybe I can watch it online and it will be captioned.

I will let you know about the captions as soon as I found out more about them. In the meantime, you can always check out some of the blog posts here to see some great pictures and read up on the show. You can also follow the Twitter handle @ABCFsab to get the latest updates from the network and the stars themselves! I can tell you already that the show looks great! I know I personally cannot wait. Would love to hear what you all think of the concept.

Who is a good role model for you all? What about Sean Berdy? He’s also on the show as another deaf actor. Check out the latest sneak peek from the show. Looks like a serious conversation…what do you think they could be discussing?

Looks like an interesting show. :)

Trivia: The two actresses who play the switched girls are actually six years apart in age. :giggle:

i want see that also

when i was little girl i watch switch at birth movie part 1&2 im not sure what years i wanted that owned that movie but cant find somewhere but its true story about baby switch wrong parent that movie shown in 1991..

Switched at Birth
Switched at Birth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
click that story

that true story about parents never know who whose baby called "swap baby"

Babies switched at birth
Babies switched at birth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i knew mostly parents had nightmares about missing baby when leave hospital and tell police what happened

ABC Family - Switched at Birth - Official TV Show Site

i want see marlee matlin on tv i cant wait!!

I would rather had seen Daphne been born deaf than having her losing her hearing.

I will let you know about the captions as soon as I found out more about them. In the meantime, you can always check out some of the blog posts here to see some great pictures and read up on the show. You can also follow the Twitter handle @ABCFsab to get the latest updates from the network and the stars themselves! I can tell you already that the show looks great! I know I personally cannot wait. Would love to hear what you all think of the concept.

Wow why aren't I surprise that there was no captions!

Well everybody, I have some VERY exciting news for you! Starting Monday, all new content put on abcfamily.com will be closed captioned. . We’re so excited about this and proud to be leading the way in this effort! Make sure to watch Monday’s series premiere on ABC Family, you are going to love the show!

Back