Are the Disables parents allow to adopt or foster the babies/children?

mysteriesofthes said:
Still did you know that just a short time ago that if you were deaf or deaf-blind in the United States that you could be put in a "mental insitution"..just because you were deaf or deaf blind? There is a book,..Walking Free: The Nellie Zimmerman Story by Rosezelle Boggs Qualls,..which tells what happened to a deaf blind lady, who was insititutionalized in such a house of horror for nineteen years and came out of that experience and was able to go to college, get a job,..and find love successfully. She was a "HELL" of a woman...according to the book!!

Thats interesting!! did you know that back in olden days, deaf or deaf-blind people were not allowed to buy a house and/or a block of land. If they were born to a wealthy family, or if they were born to noble family, they cannot claim dukedom or earl, and they cannot claim their share in the will.

My British deaf friend told me he was adopted by a deaf couple in 1965. Deaf people can foster a baby if they want to.

If you want to apdot a baby Go for it!

It dosen't manner handicapped or not, you have the right to adpot a baby.
Give it lots of love!!
No one can stop you!!
Margie Garetz
Dir. Of Communiation Services
OCDAC

Margie said:
It dosen't manner handicapped or not, you have the right to adpot a baby.
Give it lots of love!!
No one can stop you!!
Margie Garetz
Dir. Of Communiation Services
OCDAC
I totally agree. i just wish Germany would change it's laws. That's stupid. But Margie, please do NOT call us handicapped.

Deaf,..Margie,..or...

dis-ABLED. However,.I don't believe that the Deaf are REALLY to be counted among the dis-ABLED. A DEAF PERSON,..WITH THE PROPER EDUCATION,..CAN WALK, TALK,..THINK,..SOLVE PROBLEMS AND DO EVERYTHING THAT ANY HEARING PERSON CAN DO.

I would elaborate more on this,..but I am writing a book about my experiences. Heh! I DON'T know if said book will ever be published,..but I am writing down the story anyway!! :devil: :pissed: :lol:

PurrMeow's post
Ahh I figured out cuz u know my adopt son was born in Germany and his mother had to stay longer because I noticed on his real birth certificate. I simple asked the offical signature whom signed on it and she explained to me. I was bit confuse. Thats what I thought. I was also bit kinda of afraid to ask you about it. Also I have few questions about few things that I am bit confuse cuz u know my adopt son born in Germany and you were having kids out of USA. Kinda of really interest me about it. If you dont mind me asking.

Also for Galaxy and few others whom are adopted. I gotta to ask question cuz u know my son is adopted. If something happened to either of me or my bf, if my son really wants to find his real relatives, would they allow him to look for his real relatives. I noticed mostly of the adoption children that tried to look for their real parents but their informations are sealed on and will not allow them to get info until the reach to be older enough, is that true?
Liebling what about in Germany?

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=519417&postcount=33

Here is answer on your question.

Depend on difference between adoptive parents and biological parents. Accord German law, they (Youth Social Officer) are obligatie to protect adoptive parents and biological parents. Youth Social Officer are not allow to give adoptive and biological parents addresses. It's adoptive parent's decision if they allow to let their adoptive children to see biological parents or not. If adoptive parents reject, then biological parent have to wait until children are 18 years old and have his/her decision either they want to see their biological parent or not.

Youth Social Welfare takes care everything if adoptive parents of underage adoptive children agrees to let biological parent come to see them. Some parents support their underage child’s decision to find their biological parents.

I hope this link help to learn about German adoption law.

http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/country/country_386.html

I want to ask you but I keep on forget... Now I ask you question...

I was puzzled that German law allow you to adopt a German child because you are deaf and unmarried... I know accord German law: Who want to adopt the children then it could be married and "healthy" couple with good incomes.

German law do not accept deafies married couple to adopt babies no matter either they have good income or not but DEAF... A lot of deafies are furious and feel being discriminated accord German law over Adoption..

I know Germans would be real furious if they heard that German authorities allow to offer you to adopt a child because you are deaf.

PurrMeow's post
Ouchie, Galaxy. Yeah thats why I wanna to be open to my adopt son about real relatives. Since his real parents got killed. I still have pix of his real parents. But big problems is that his real two uncles that got on my nerves that they dont want to do anything to do my adopt son. What am I suppose to do? Do I have to keep telling my son while he grows up about his uncles or what? But two things are that his real grandparents that knew about it. and they both still contact with me on update with my adopt son since they want my son to know who they are. The big problems are with my adopt son's real uncles that I am having difficult times with which we have battle wars over with my adopt son cuz his real uncles kept telling that they are not accept him due to his disablitiy. So, I had to fight with his real uncles over his real relatives. I told lawyer that I wouldn't accept to hide his real relatives. Since I am more honest. But I am more happier to see that my son is very happy right now. Since he has perm. with mom that he can live longer than being in foster parents many times. You know..

No problem when you let your adopt son know that he is an adoptive child and where he come from... Best let him know he is an adoptive an earlier.

Do you mean your adopt son is a disablity? Is it reason because Uncles don't want to do anything with him... If yes, then is their loss... Why Uncles make you anger when they don't want to do anything with your adopt son? I am wondering why can't Grandparents take him over after his parents killed but let you to adopt him and take him to live in America? It's good that you accept your adopt son's relatives to know update about him... Some of adoptive parents don't do that.

Liebling, you can fight for Germany LAW... for Disibities RIGHTS.
Accord Germany law is SICK.. need bend the law a bit change let Deaf Parent can have adopt child for need a home happy loving care...

I suggest you can show them Germany law lesgetation(sp) people who work for gov't.. shown them, you have wonderful family and beautiful home... have wonderful two boys..
PROOF THEM.. SHOW THEM.. They will gluped...

They are frigg'n BLIND, why can't see Deaf parents are raise their children WONDERFUL life... ??

SherryCherish's post
wow, GA, oh boy you have a tough lifestyle, but glad you found ur birth parents, I betcha its hardest part to meet ur real folks, and wonder why they let u go etc. But, adoptives parents got you to raised. Better than being at foster parents (many differents parents) and raise in orphanerans. I'm so sorry that you raised a such hard life, glad your not need to bear up with it anymore.

Purr, i understand. You re very big heart and u got ur son to live through this life and ur supportive. Uncle seeking that himself that u really do cares and wants to provide a love to that boy. I'm so glad things work out.

My bf just adopted my son last friday, since his father not even come see him or give him something. Not even child supports. My son really is happy to have a new father, even. He don't know who a real father. Beside he is only 3 yrs old. Been that happened 2 years and half ago. Its hard on him. Hes very happy boy. We re leading our loves one into a good life and happiness that which biggest counts on.

Can I ask you curious question?

You said that your boyfriend adopted your son last Friday because his father doesn't bother to see or give him something.

Did his father agree to give his responsible as father up to your boyfriend? Do he sign adoption agreement to give up his son for your boyfriend to adopt?

As I know about German law: No, unless they are legal married... Only if father agree to give up as father to step-dad for adoption... All what he do is sign adoption agreement contract.

GalaxyAngel said:
Liebling, you can fight for Germany LAW... for Disibities RIGHTS.
Accord Germany law is SICK.. need bend the law a bit change let Deaf Parent can have adopt child for need a home happy loving care...

I suggest you can show them Germany law lesgetation(sp) people who work for gov't.. shown them, you have wonderful family and beautiful home... have wonderful two boys..
PROOF THEM.. SHOW THEM.. They will gluped...

They are frigg'n BLIND, why can't see Deaf parents are raise their children WONDERFUL life... ??

Not me for childless deaf couple... I already have 2 boys... If I'm millionarie then I would of adopt homeless children from other countries.

Deaf childless couple can to have egg/sperm transplant (fertily) to make baby but Public Health Insurance cover the cost for 3 times only... It's lucky if it work on childless couple for a first time... if fail then try for 3 times.. then have to pay by their own pocket.. very expensive to have egg/sperm transplant (feritily).

I really don't understand German adoption law permit no disabilies to adopt babies... :roll: Of course Germans still fight their rights if they really want to adopt the babies... They can adopt babies from other countries under German authorities's permission.

Liebling:-))) said:
Can I ask you curious question?

You said that your boyfriend adopted your son last Friday because his father doesn't bother to see or give him something.

Did his father agree to give his responsible as father up to your boyfriend? Do he sign adoption agreement to give up his son for your boyfriend to adopt?

As I know about German law: No, unless they are legal married... Only if father agree to give up as father to step-dad for adoption... All what he do is sign adoption agreement contract.

Actually father hasn't sign the paper to give up the father rights. So he HAVE to show up to the court. He didn't show up. Judge beeen wait for him about one hour. So, he had to go force to get it done. Father had to be arrest cuz not show up. That's right sign paper and agree change last name.

...I really don't understand German adoption law permit no disabilies to adopt babies... :roll: Of course Germans still fight their rights if they really want to adopt the babies... They can adopt babies from other countries under German authorities's permission.
Do you mean that Deaf German couples can adopt babies only if the babies are from another country?

I have been to countries due to the fact my family is from military background. I have faced some unfair laws about Deaf's limitaiton on what they can do such as like this adoption, driving laws, etc. Europe is in fact very behind on many technologies not only for deaf. They are behind on EVERYTHING. That is why I always tell myself that we are very lucky to be in America comparing to Europe'e treatment towards to deaf and others. :cheers: But I can tell you Germany is one of the freindlyiest place that I can be in comparing ot other countries...

Reba said:
Do you mean that Deaf German couples can adopt babies only if the babies are from another country?

I don´t know...

As far as I know a lot of childless parents adopt babies from Asia countries. (poor countries) than in Germany because of long waiting list. I haven´t seen any deaf parents who adopt babies from poor countries. :dunno: Hearing yes.

kcrocker said:
I have been to countries due to the fact my family is from military background. I have faced some unfair laws about Deaf's limitaiton on what they can do such as like this adoption, driving laws, etc. Europe is in fact very behind on many technologies not only for deaf. They are behind on EVERYTHING. That is why I always tell myself that we are very lucky to be in America comparing to Europe'e treatment towards to deaf and others. :cheers: But I can tell you Germany is one of the freindlyiest place that I can be in comparing ot other countries...

freindlyest? :confused: What is this?

There´re alway cons and pros in your country as the same as in Europe as well.

freindlyest? :confused: What is this?

There´re alway cons and pros in your country as the same as in Europe as well.
"friendliest" = most friendly :P

I cannot believe it that by German law deaf people are not allowed to adopt a child. Wow, that is really ridiculous!!!

I'm from NJ. I'm Deaf and a lesbian. I was allowed to become a foster mother for a African American girl when she was 3 weeks old & she officially became my legal daughter 2 years ago.

I am very angry what I read this thread because myself a Disabled of CP. I think Disabes people can have right to have adpot kids whatever they have a good quaility.

Are the Disables parents allow to adopt or foster the babies/children?

Disables are allow to adopt or be able to be a foster parents. I've had a lot of experance about adopting children or becoming a foster parent.. I have a friend who has disable issues, it may not be deaf/hoh situation.. she still adopt a child...

Here is a story about it

Advertisement
Stay up to date!Add to del.icio.us
Email to a friendPrint this page
Recent Discussions

Religion, the USA and The DeafDeaf/BlindHome Study Course
Suggested Reading

Daycare for Deaf/HOHTop Parenting BooksAdopting a Deaf Child from China
Other

Comments? Questions?Current Features on Deafness and Hearing LossArticles by Topic
Related Blogs

RidorLiveTactile JunkieKokonut PunditsDeaf DC BlogsDeaf in the CitySonny JamesBionic Ear BlogMore...
Most Popular

Sign Language DictionariesSign Word Reference GuideSign Language - I Love YouFamous & Historic Deaf PeoplePeople - Helen Keller
What's Hot

People - Kenny WalkerSign Language - Indian SignHearing Loss - Deaf PetsDeaflympicsHealth - Drug Abuse - Deaf