Do you remember you were in 60's,70's,80's,90's,00's and what is new in 10's??

Remember Commodore C64 computers in 1980s? Oh boy, they had a lot of great games like Apache Gunship and The Red Storm Rising that Sid Meier developed and some decent programs.

I still have one in working condition. :D

I was born in 1987, I remember about Nintendo, Macintosh II, Sega Master System, Super Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, 3DO, Atari Jaguar, CD-I, 68k Macintosh Performa, etc.

I remember about in mid and late 1990's, we used to call "Macintosh" until Apple changed to just Mac in 1998 when iMac was introduced, that use PPC and New World ROM, Windows has became more popular in 90's, especially Win 95 and 98 that has hurt Apple alot, especially many school was switched from Mac to PC due low cost that school could afford.

For retail, I remember about wal mart is used to be brown, orange, yellow, ugly brown-orange carpet in clothing area and no supercenter in old day, only in very limited area and some items don't have barcode either, all employees wear blue vest with weird fashion from 80's and 90's, I couldn't find picture because it is gone after renovated in 1990's. For Toys R US, I remember about brown roof with rainbow on front, it has been renovated to blue, yellow and red in late 90's and early 2000's, one of Toys R US in my area has closed in 2002 but back in 1992, it was brown roof with rainbow on storefront, there's picture looks like that.
608080900_bc441a543e.jpg

Other picture about recent Toys R US, it has been started in late 1990's.
3860181053_62434397d7.jpg

I remember about Circuit City, it used to be plug in style store.
circuitcity.jpg

Target in 1990's aren't great design, it is plain ugly white.

Born in '87.

I remember the NES, SNES, N64, PSX, PS2, Xbox 360. Closed captioning, TTY, SMS, smartphone. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Big Reel Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones... which transformed into stuff like Papa Roach and Linkin Park (ew) then into bands like Dropkick Murphys, the Distillers and so on. I remember wearing those big bulky FM that you wear on your chest. The analog. Digital. Being upgraded to those supersmall SmartLink. Played Oregon Trail on those old Apple computers. Watched Doug and Nick toons like Rugrats, Aaaah! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life. I also remember we didn't had Java-based chatrooms... we just had IRC protocols. That and BBS changed a lot overtime. Now... it's all about blogs and e-mails. I remember when Hotmail used to be everyone's choice of e-mail provider; now it's gmail. I remember what Facebook used to be like back '05.

Damn. A lot appeared to have changed, but people haven't really changed much.

Born in 1977 and came of age in the 80's and 90's.

My mom found it impossible to get me a Cabbage Patch Doll because everyone and their mother had to have one. I didn't get a doll till later down the line.

Stonewash jeans. I had a pair and I'm sure I thought I looked cute.

THE boy band of the day was New Kids On The Block. I used to have fantasies of them when I was 13.

I had the Salt and Peppa (female rap group of the 80's) mushroom-style haircut. Looks silly and outdated now, but then I was fierce! :cool2:

i was born in the late '80s, but i definitely remember the '90s. i think it was the best time to grow up. :)

fuckyeah1990's!

Agreed. I, too, remembered 1990's more than 1980's. I born 1986. My opinion, just because you born in 1997 (or above), that doesn't mean you're a 90's kid. Who could anybody remember the original Simpson and all 90's stuff? I don't consider myself a 80's child cos I don't remember so much about 1980's era. I was only three and half years old when the 1990's era started. Even my little brother was born in 1999 and he don't remember 1990's mostly cos he's more 00's kid. :)

Heh heh! I do remember that, too. When it was the first aired on that I was only three. I sometimes watch it since I was little. That show is the best one. :D

I was born in 1979 and Dirty Dancing was my favorite movie. I can still quote the lines! I'm such a romantic.

I was born in 1951, so I remember ViewMaster slides, Ginny and Jill dolls, all the classic Saturday morning cartoons and Westerns on TV, heavy party-line telephones (which were owned by the phone company, not the individual), B&W TV with rabbit ears and tinfoil, getting milk and soda in glass bottles only, no fast food restaurants until my first McDonalds experience as a teenager, traveling all over the place by bus and not worrying about crime, single-speed "coaster" bikes with baseball cards clipped onto the wheel spokes with clothespins, going to the theater to see Disney films (only once per release), and my first portable transistor radio.

I liked to play with my hoola hoops, gyroscope, baton (yes, I twirled), and anything made by Whammo! My favorite board games were Monopoly, Scrabble, and Life. I played Scrabble once a week with my grandmother at her house (fond memory).

My dad's cars had tons of chrome and big fins, ran on leaded gas, and would be considered death traps now (no airbags, headrests, or seatbelts, and the dashboards were covered with sharp instruments). We rode unrestrained in cars but no food or drinks were allowed in the car while moving.

Every place we went, people were smoking. Ashtrays were common "furnishings" in every home, restaurant, and business.

Public schools had strict dress and grooming codes that we followed without complaint until my teenage years in the late 60's. The only time I attended a school that allowed the girls to wear "pants" was in second grade in the Mojave Desert where elementary kids could wear shorts. Even then, I usually wore a dress to school, sometimes with matching shorts underneath.

In my senior high school years, I ironed my hair with a clothes iron, and rolled my hair on large empty juice cans. I wore bangs down to my eyeballs, white lipstick and nail polish, and black eyeliner.

I never owned an electronic device while growing up. I had a few things that ran on electricity or batteries, such as my radio, "portable" record player, bonnet hair dryer, and homemade "computer".

I guess my generation was "quaint." :lol:

I was born in 1951, so I remember ViewMaster slides, Ginny and Jill dolls, all the classic Saturday morning cartoons and Westerns on TV, heavy party-line telephones (which were owned by the phone company, not the individual), B&W TV with rabbit ears and tinfoil, getting milk and soda in glass bottles only, no fast food restaurants until my first McDonalds experience as a teenager, traveling all over the place by bus and not worrying about crime, single-speed "coaster" bikes with baseball cards clipped onto the wheel spokes with clothespins, going to the theater to see Disney films (only once per release), and my first portable transistor radio.

I liked to play with my hoola hoops, gyroscope, baton (yes, I twirled), and anything made by Whammo! My favorite board games were Monopoly, Scrabble, and Life. I played Scrabble once a week with my grandmother at her house (fond memory).

My dad's cars had tons of chrome and big fins, ran on leaded gas, and would be considered death traps now (no airbags, headrests, or seatbelts, and the dashboards were covered with sharp instruments). We rode unrestrained in cars but no food or drinks were allowed in the car while moving.

Every place we went, people were smoking. Ashtrays were common "furnishings" in every home, restaurant, and business.

Public schools had strict dress and grooming codes that we followed without complaint until my teenage years in the late 60's. The only time I attended a school that allowed the girls to wear "pants" was in second grade in the Mojave Desert where elementary kids could wear shorts. Even then, I usually wore a dress to school, sometimes with matching shorts underneath.

In my senior high school years, I ironed my hair with a clothes iron,and rolled my hair on large empty juice cans. I wore bangs down to my eyeballs, white lipstick and nail polish, and black eyeliner.

I never owned an electronic device while growing up. I had a few things that ran on electricity or batteries, such as my radio, "portable" record player, bonnet hair dryer, and homemade "computer".

I guess my generation was "quaint." :lol:

How did you do with your hair? just wonder.

How did you do with your hair? just wonder.
First, this technique is for hair that is at least shoulder length. Ironing was done to make wavy hair very straight ("hippie" style).

I would bend over near the ironing board and lay my hair out flat on the board, like a sheet. Then I would iron it, carefully (Use a steam iron.) (You could also lay a damp cloth or towel over the hair while ironing.) It worked better if you had a friend or sister to help.

It didn't always work well, and it made the house stink if the hair got singed.

Sounds horrible, Reba.

Grew up during the 70s as a kid and teen with long hair and bell bottom courderoy pants, and cut off jeans for summer shorts.

Oh, yes, white and shiny. The style emphasis was on the eyes, not the lips. Pale lips were "in." The best look was a California tan with pale lips. We tried to get our faces and bodies brown, and our lips and nails as pale as possible. Eyes had to be heavy and dark.

ha it will have retro style in 2010! I hope! lol

Sounds horrible, Reba.
What part sounds horrible?

Grew up during the 70s as a kid and teen with long hair and bell bottom courderoy pants, and cut off jeans for summer shorts.
Yeah, most of our shorts were cut off jeans--much more "cool" than buying shorts.

I graduated from high school in 1969, before the boys were allowed to grow their hair below the shirt collar. :nono:

First, this technique is for hair that is at least shoulder length. Ironing was done to make wavy hair very straight ("hippie" style).

I would bend over near the ironing board and lay my hair out flat on the board, like a sheet. Then I would iron it, carefully (Use a steam iron.) (You could also lay a damp cloth or towel over the hair while ironing.) It worked better if you had a friend or sister to help.

It didn't always work well, and it made the house stink if the hair got singed.

LOL! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. Now i will keep that in mind that the "steam" iron in the near future if my flat iron is broken and in desire of straighting my hair at a last minute. ;)

Back