A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
:jaw: dang.... this entire thread is gone. oh well........

14trf51.jpg

I bet Alex dislike motorcycle then crash the server to rid of it.

this is my Touring Gear. Touring means long-distance traveling on bike. ATGATT!!!

ixeck8.jpg

this is what I wear during winter/cold riding

2wqzrlz.jpg

I'm sad that this thread is not feeling some love in here :(

well - today was rather interesting. I had traffic court appointment today in NYC for no inspection sticker on my bike. in the line - this guy wearing HD jacket looked at me and said - "you :deaf: ?" I said yes and he is HOH. So we had a little chit-chat. What's funny is that we both got 2 same tickets from same police officer at same location. We both got our court appointments changed... again.... :mad2:

even funnier - We both live a couple towns away. Small world! we exchanged # and we will go on bike ride sometimes soon.

We lost a young man to motorcycle accident last weekend. Today is viewing and funeral tomorrow. Then we have tons of bikers on the way to Laughin, Nevada this weekend. I hope none of them will die this weekend.

What a strange for me last weekend, I was watching commercial on Sunday night before I go to bed. I was watching about a driver who stop at the sign then make left turn and all of sudden a bike rammed into driver side and blood splash all over the window. I was jumped and did not expect to see it on commerical. Then they ask us to be careful and watch out for the motorcyclists by watch both side of roads and make sure no bikers in the sight. Then it was announced by the sheriff department in my area. I was thinking wow wonder who was killed last weekend then again I was hoping I was wrong. Then last Tuesday afternoon one of our friend stopped by and told us that we knew a young man who was killed on motorcycle last Saturday. I was shocked and speechless. I wanted to say thank sheriff department for showing a commerical on TV about the safety. I did not know they were doing it for this young man. What a waste life, he would have graduated next month and become a RN nurse. Many time I almost hit bikers because they were driving too fast or not see them clearly. be careful, we do have a motorcycle too.

We lost a young man to motorcycle accident last weekend. Today is viewing and funeral tomorrow. Then we have tons of bikers on the way to Laughin, Nevada this weekend. I hope none of them will die this weekend.

What a strange for me last weekend, I was watching commercial on Sunday night before I go to bed. I was watching about a driver who stop at the sign then make left turn and all of sudden a bike rammed into driver side and blood splash all over the window. I was jumped and did not expect to see it on commerical. Then they ask us to be careful and watch out for the motorcyclists by watch both side of roads and make sure no bikers in the sight. Then it was announced by the sheriff department in my area. I was thinking wow wonder who was killed last weekend then again I was hoping I was wrong. Then last Tuesday afternoon one of our friend stopped by and told us that we knew a young man who was killed on motorcycle last Saturday. I was shocked and speechless. I wanted to say thank sheriff department for showing a commerical on TV about the safety. I did not know they were doing it for this young man. What a waste life, he would have graduated next month and become a RN nurse. Many time I almost hit bikers because they were driving too fast or not see them clearly. be careful, we do have a motorcycle too.

sorry to hear :(

The commercial you're talking about.... it sounds like this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svtmDO0uN1M]YouTube - THINK! - look for bikes[/ame]

well - today was rather interesting. I had traffic court appointment today in NYC for no inspection sticker on my bike. in the line - this guy wearing HD jacket looked at me and said - "you :deaf: ?" I said yes and he is HOH. So we had a little chit-chat. What's funny is that we both got 2 same tickets from same police officer at same location. We both got our court appointments changed... again.... :mad2:

even funnier - We both live a couple towns away. Small world! we exchanged # and we will go on bike ride sometimes soon.
That's cool that you found a new biker friend. It truly is a small world! I hope you guys get to go on that ride soon.

One question; if you live in NJ, why do you need an inspection sticker for NYC?

Jiro, cute paperdolls. :lol:

Seriously, you've got some cool riding gear. :cool:

That's cool that you found a new biker friend. It truly is a small world! I hope you guys get to go on that ride soon.

One question; if you live in NJ, why do you need an inspection sticker for NYC?

NY and NJ states have reciprocated traffic laws - both requires inspection sticker. Just heard from my NYPD friend - NYC is doing a surprise crackdown on bikers tomorrow. There were be several checkpoints all over cuz lot of bikers are unlicensed or suspended... no registration & inspection... excessively-loud exhaust pipes (illegal)... etc. Same for car drivers. I saw this surprise crackdown on my way home last year and there were tons of motorcycles parked on sidewalk waiting to get towed. :roll:

for out-of-state vehicle with no inspection sticker... they are required by law to tow your vehicle because your vehicle is deemed unsafe... and mine got towed to NJ :mad2:

just dropped off my bike at my mechanic... may get it back by next Friday because his schedule is very busy and there are several bikes in his garage. what am I gonna do for a week? :(

NY and NJ states have reciprocated traffic laws - both requires inspection sticker. Just heard from my NYPD friend - NYC is doing a surprise crackdown on bikers tomorrow. There were be several checkpoints all over cuz lot of bikers are unlicensed or suspended... no registration & inspection... excessively-loud exhaust pipes (illegal)... etc. Same for car drivers. I saw this surprise crackdown on my way home last year and there were tons of motorcycles parked on sidewalk waiting to get towed. :roll:

for out-of-state vehicle with no inspection sticker... they are required by law to tow your vehicle because your vehicle is deemed unsafe... and mine got towed to NJ :mad2:
Sounds like another revenue racket.

Do you mean if we rode our SC motorcycle thru NY state on our way to CT, we would have to get an inspection sticker from NY? :shock:

just dropped off my bike at my mechanic... may get it back by next Friday because his schedule is very busy and there are several bikes in his garage. what am I gonna do for a week? :(
Do you have another way to commute to work?

Sounds like another revenue racket.

Do you mean if we rode our SC motorcycle thru NY state on our way to CT, we would have to get an inspection sticker from NY? :shock:

no no - since your state doesn't require inspection sticker.. you're fine. The NYPD officer knows that NJ does require inspection sticker so he ticketed me for it.

yep. car or... bus/subway.... but... I want my bike :cry:
I'm sorry it will take a week but at least you will be riding a safer bike when you get it back.

Hubby and his new bike. :)

Attachments

• HubbyBike3.jpg
    HubbyBike3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 31
Back