Guess What??????

I have a Uncle in Lebanon, IN. My grandparents used to live in Indianapolis (they died). My mom used to live there and graduated in Indianapolis, IN. My parents married in Indianapolis, IN.

Congrats!! I love Indiana!!

I have a Uncle in Lebanon, IN. My grandparents used to live in Indianapolis (they died). My mom used to live there and graduated in Indianapolis, IN. My parents married in Indianapolis, IN.

Congrats!! I love Indiana!!

Actually, I'm hoping that when I graduate I will be assigned to work either in Terre Haute, where I live now, or in Indianapolis. Indianapolis is nice. The size of a big city but it still feels kinda like a small town.

Thanks thanks thanks everyone for being happy with me! :ty: :ty: :ty:

For those who asked:

I'm studying social work at Indiana State University. I will work for two years for the Department of Children's Services, which is awesome because that is what I wanted to do even if I didn't get the scholarship!!! The only bad thing is that the :deal: says I have to go anywhere in Indiana to work.

I'm still REALLY excited though! :rockon:
Ah, this sounds similar to the program my nephew went thru. He got everything paid for to get his master's degree in counseling. His only obligation was to work in the field for two years. He graduated last December. He was very pleased with the program.

A lot of his program included internships, which he enjoyed.

If your program is set up in a similar way, then you do have a good deal. :)

Congratulation, Jana. My deceased Uncle (was born in Canada) and his family were from Gary, Indiana.

I wish you good luck on your success going to college and working with Department of Children's Services. :thumb:

:ty: for the wishes!!! I really hope I will not have to work in Gary. I hear it is very very scary now - they have one of the worst crime rates in the USA.

My dad was born and reared on a farm in Sheridan, IN.

I've stayed several weeks over the years in Indianapolis. I enjoyed my stays there. :)

:ty: for the wishes!!! I really hope I will not have to work in Gary. I hear it is very very scary now - they have one of the worst crime rates in the USA.

I drove on Ridge from Highland, IN towards Valaparaiso, IN last week. I got to see first handed how bad Gary is. I would not wish upon anyone to want to work in the area.

I just got a scholarship that will pay for my senior year of college AND guarantee that I have a job for two years after graduation!!!! AND I get a stipend of $2000 each semester next year to buy my books and such with!!!

*happy dance*

Just thought I'd share so we could all celebrate together!

Yay! First round is on me!!! :D

Back