Rooibos red tea

Since we're on the subject of teas- does anyone know if it's possible to burn tea or alter a tea's flavor by using a different tempature of water or tap vs. bottled? Cause sometimes I swear I make a bad cup every now and then, other times it tastes more full. I think there's a hidden art within it how to make the perfect cup just like how there's an art to making the perfect ramen (which I have mastered! HAHAHA...ahem. yeah.)

Since we're on the subject of teas- does anyone know if it's possible to burn tea or alter a tea's flavor by using a different tempature of water or tap vs. bottled? Cause sometimes I swear I make a bad cup every now and then, other times it tastes more full. I think there's a hidden art within it how to make the perfect cup just like how there's an art to making the perfect ramen (which I have mastered! HAHAHA...ahem. yeah.)

It IS possible to burn (or cook) the tea leaves, especialy with green tea, usualy for green tea I use water that is about 150º to 170º (just about when it starts steaming) so as not to cook the leaves. with black tea you can wait until the water comes to a rolling boil... it would be very hard to cook black tea leaves, and I've never heard of anyone doing this either.

Well lately I was drinking gunpowder tea. Decided to switch around. Just tried rooibos. Smells terrible, like swamp water/rotting leaves but tastes nice. Thanks for the info. I once was contemplating on buying an espresso machine to brew my tea -sheepish chuckle-

Well lately I was drinking gunpowder tea. Decided to switch around. Just tried rooibos. Smells terrible, like swamp water/rotting leaves but tastes nice. Thanks for the info. I once was contemplating on buying an espresso machine to brew my tea -sheepish chuckle-

If any of you have ever chopped wood, and you've peeled off the bark of a piece you'll probably notice rooibos has a very similar smell!

As to the espresso machine... those are WAY too expensive and wont steep your tea right, you can't choose how hot the water is or how long the leaves sit in it with that.

Try the IngenuiTEA by Adagio teas... it works better and is MUCH cheeper!

Actually espresso machines DO keep a tempature constant and let you choose it. The seep part might be correct though, seeing tea is supposed to stew while for coffee you bleed warm water through the grounds. Expensive, yeah but if you're clever you can convince store clerks to sell you shelf display models when they decide to take it down for a HUGE discount. I was going to get a 300 buck delonghi espresso machine for about 60 bucks but no warranty and all so I decided it probably wasn't worth the hassle.

I've cut firewood before. It just smells more like rotting leaves to me the sort of fall smell around dying plants with fallen leaves. There's more of an acidic harshness, but indeed there is a bark smell. Maybe I brought a bad batch haha!

I use teas bag and I never use loose leafs teas. I use good water not from tap water yuck. Its depend how long you steep your teas and suit your flavor.

Red Rooibos Tea

I've really gotten into Rooibos tea. I started drinking it for its health benefits which are many. Rooibos has anti-carcinogenic and antimutagenic effects. Rooibos tea is used for its anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. Consumption of rooibos tea may relief fever, asthma, insomnia, colic in infants and skin disorders. Rooibos extracts are used in ointments against eczema.

Back