SSI Overpayment

set up a plan, pay SS monthly and then you'll be fine. get a job before SSI/SSDI, work before SSI/SSDI, then when you retired, get SS, SSI/SSDI.

first of all, i am so sorry. SSA will need to look at your salary, your bills, budget history and then they will settle down on the amount of $ that you can afford to pay back to SSA per months. Just do your best to fight for the amount of $ that you can afford to pay back.

In case, thought anyone need to know that anyone who is overpaid, and decide not to cooperative with SSA right away. Later then, the IRS will grab the refund tax from whose people working and expect to get the refund tax, not. It is the best thing to be cooperative with SSA and settle down with paying $ monthly to the overpayment. So IRS would not touch the refund taxes. :cool2:

Excellent advise, Frisky.

Question: I just got in increase of Child Support for 715 a month. I mailed them a letter with my son's information on it and told them the amount of the increase. Do you think that will work?

Question: I just got in increase of Child Support for 715 a month. I mailed them a letter with my son's information on it and told them the amount of the increase. Do you think that will work?

I'd follow up with a phone call if I were you. Just to confirm that the information has been received and processed.

Heheh, Thank god I never had SSI before.

Never trust over phone. Face to face and sign on the sheet or something and make copy for yourself for the case.

if your kid is receving a SSI then yes, just let SSI CR knows that you get more $ in child support. Be sure to keep everything of your record for youself and if they need to see, ask them if its ok they accept the copy instead of the original ones.

I'd follow up with a phone call if I were you. Just to confirm that the information has been received and processed.

I guess you are HoH with well speaking in oral language?

I don't want call via relay anymore because they are waste of my time and rather to get VP.

Yes, I would notify in writing and ask them for their answer to my questions within 14 days. If no reply then go to see them direct with copy of your writing when I were you.

Edit: Add one more to post here.

If they say that it's correct amount, then you can demand them in writing to confirm their word for the case... You can keep their writing in record for the case. The writing is the best proof than your own word out of mouth.

Yes, I am. And so is the poster I advised to follow up with a phone call.

I'm deaf poster.

I had bad experience with relay, it took 1 hour when handle with call in sick from my work and had asked someone to help with phone call.

What's other option than just for call via phone if any deaf people can't handle it?

I'm deaf poster.

I had bad experience with relay, it took 1 hour when handle with call in sick from my work and had asked someone to help with phone call.

What's other option than just for call via phone if any deaf people can't handle it?

Personal visit to the SS office. Email. Or, if sending information by mail, send it certified with a return receipt request. Include a note with the information being sent that you require written confirmation that the information has been changed on your account.

Personal visit to the SS office. Email. Or, if sending information by mail, send it certified with a return receipt request. Include a note with the information being sent that you require written confirmation that the information has been changed on your account.

Ok, it's reasonable explanation. :)

I hear of so many who are faced with overpayment issues. It absolutely sucks. However, I do believe that anyone receiving benefits really has to follow-up with SS when they start working. "Assuming" a phone call was received is just not good enough. A friend of mine started a new job recently and called SS to have his benefits stopped. Within a week or so he got a letter stating they received his call and were giving him 2 more months (which is apparently the policy now) of benefits. He showed me the letter as I was "harping" on him to make sure he did this. I hope this information helps anyone trying to get off SS now. I had it for about a year, about 15 years ago or so, and I called immediately to have mine stopped when I started working after college. It is truly your responsibility to follow-up with SS and make NO assumptions.

Yes, I am. And so is the poster I advised to follow up with a phone call.

I answered Foxrac´s first question for you and leave his second sentence for you to response.

Yes, I am aware that chris' mom is hearing, too as I quoted her post. My advice post toward chris´s mom is for all deaf, hearing or HOH in general. I was being taught to never use phone or talk mouth to mouth without notify/demand in writing no matter either I am deaf, hearing or HOH.

yes that would be fine. Some SSA offices are not allowed to give out their email addreses. :roll: It won't hurt to ask, when you meet claims rep in person and ask them if its okay for them to give you an email addresses for any futher questions.

thought i should mention that one too.

yes that would be fine. Some SSA offices are not allowed to give out their email addreses. :roll: It won't hurt to ask, when you meet claims rep in person and ask them if its okay for them to give you an email addresses for any futher questions.

thought i should mention that one too.

Thank you. You are correct.

Back