Re-leveling in a mobile home?

Buffalo

Reaction score
Has anyone know about re-leveling a mobile home? My mobile home sits on bare ground (no conrete slab). I got a flyer about re-leveling the mobile home and it makes sense because two of the doors won't close. It costs 200 or more depending on how much works it required.

What do I need to look out for? I just don't want to be taken advantage of. Thanks for any help.

Has anyone know about re-leveling a mobile home? My mobile home sits on bare ground (no conrete slab). I got a flyer about re-leveling the mobile home and it makes sense because two of the doors won't close. It costs 200 or more depending on how much works it required.

What do I need to look out for? I just don't want to be taken advantage of. Thanks for any help.

We had it done a few times, but we had concrete runners in the first mobile home park, concrete pilings on the private land we rented and a large concrete slab in the last place. It all depended on the specific laws at the time.

What they did was, after placing levels in specific places of the home (16 X 80), they used a type of hydraulic jack, raised the home at the different spots and made everything level, then put in bricks or shims as needed. The concrete pilings were harder to level on as they were old and crumbling. Some were totally turned to dust.

Make sure you wait for a dry time of the year. Being in Mid-Missouri, we had to wait until mid to late summer. Over in Franklin County, MO, you had to have a specific thickness of concrete slab for your home and none of the older homes were grandfathered in. They all had to be done. We also had to make sure we had "tornado" ties. It was basically a big "honking" piece of steel that was in a shape like \_/ and welded to the frame of the home, then bolted with 28" huge concrete lag bolt.

Not sure what they would recommend, but I know they had about 10 of these jacks and a truckload of bricks and shims available. We were charge labor, and cost for the bricks and shims. Each time (this was 2000,2003,2005 & 2007) the cost was basically around $300-$400 for the job.

Back