Does your state or city has a seatbelt law for dog?

Yeah, he was OK. He actually climbed over my shoulder and out my window. If I hadn't been holding his leash, he would have fallen on the road. If I hadn't been strapped into the car, maybe he would have pulled me out!

I don't think he liked going to the vet. :lol:

It sure looks like it!! I had a cat that hide every time I took the cat carrier out! He knew it was time to go to the vet and he wanted NO part of it! He would call me all kind of names in the car!! LOL!!

Good site.

I personally have had limited success with dog seat belts. With my large dog, Killer, they never worked at all. The various canine seat belts I tried either gave him so much freedom of movement that they were useless as restraining devices, or kept him SO buckled in that he couldn't lie down properly.

With my two little guys now, Pippin is ok in a seat belt, but Casey does his Houdini impersonation and wriggles himself out of whatever I've tried.

Our last car purchase was a station wagon, mainly for their benefit. They are much safer and more comfortable as well in their crates.

Incidentally, here is the bed I put inside their crates. It is called "Pet-O-Bed," comes in a variety of sizes, including sizes to fit the most popular crate sizes. VERY comfy; the dogs just curl right up and snooze as we travel.

StoreMain

I don't know if my dog would jump out the window.. but I'd rather not risk it. I'm sure if there was a dog outside somewhere, Bryan would try to get out.

Finlay was so special to you; every time you mention him the great love you had for him comes pouring through.

Back to Marty - I don't understand what kind of dog crate you have that Marty's weight could pull the top loose. I thought Marty was a fairly small dog, for one thing. I'm wondering though if there are some kind of bolts or something that were too loose?

I couldn't find a picture of the exact type we use, but they are something like this Petmate airline-approved kennel. It's plastic and has plastic bolts on it.

kennel airline travel kit | Petmate

It was the design of the crate, the top was attach to the bottom by some flaps and the flaps did not hold the two parts together very good! And two stores carries the same crate. Marty has been good about staying in the back seat of my car.
Thank you for your kind word about Finlay, someone asked about him today! :(

I remember when my ex and I had a dog that was tied to the back of the truck. My Ex thought the leash was short enough to keep him in the bed of the truck. He jumped out and was hanging from the side of the truck. OMG! I saw the dog hanging and gagging. I screamed for my ex to stop and pull over. Thank goodness the dog was fine.

We were lucky the leash was short enough to keep him from dragging, or a snapped neck. The vet gave us a good chewing about putting the dog in the back of the truck.

Good site.

I personally have had limited success with dog seat belts. With my large dog, Killer, they never worked at all. The various canine seat belts I tried either gave him so much freedom of movement that they were useless as restraining devices, or kept him SO buckled in that he couldn't lie down properly.

With my two little guys now, Pippin is ok in a seat belt, but Casey does his Houdini impersonation and wriggles himself out of whatever I've tried.

Our last car purchase was a station wagon, mainly for their benefit. They are much safer and more comfortable as well in their crates.

Incidentally, here is the bed I put inside their crates. It is called "Pet-O-Bed," comes in a variety of sizes, including sizes to fit the most popular crate sizes. VERY comfy; the dogs just curl right up and snooze as we travel.

StoreMain

Finlay was good at doing Houdini impersonation too! And I bet Marty would be really good being so smart and small! '

"With my two little guys now, Pippin is ok in a seat belt, but Casey does his Houdini impersonation and wriggles himself out of whatever I've tried."
LOL!!

I should think so!! (This is to Babyblue, whose vet chewed her out for having tied a dog in the back of the truck.)

I see people driving around like that here at the beach, and always wonder if I should say something or not. It is SO dangerous to do that, not just for the dog, but for anyone driving behind who might swerve to avoid hitting a dog who is tossed loose.

I should think so!! (This is to Babyblue, whose vet chewed her out for having tied a dog in the back of the truck.)

I see people driving around like that here at the beach, and always wonder if I should say something or not. It is SO dangerous to do that, not just for the dog, but for anyone driving behind who might swerve to avoid hitting a dog who is tossed loose.

The dog was tied to the tool box. The leash was longer than my ex thought. The dog was literally hanging on the side of the truck by his collar his paws was not touching the ground.

Yes, I deserved the ass chewing, and yes, I learned my lesson.

Back