Rnid website

ogradyann

Reaction score
On Rnid's website they promise training for employment or employment, my belief is this is incorrect due to the fact that they promised my deaf son help to get into work or supported employment. He was already trainned for employment at doncaster college for the deaf when he went into the care of the rnid. Rnid have done nothing to help him find employment or supported employment and he has been under the care of the Rnid since 2004. RNID don't want him to lose his benefit therefore i believe they provide false promises and they are misleading deaf people like they mislead me and my son.They have institutionalised him rather than provide the support that they promised. Can any other parents/deaf people that have experienced anything like this contact me. ogradyann@hotmail.co.uk

Does your son have additional disabilites? One is not institutionalized simply because one is deaf. Is he suffering from mental illness or a developmental disorder. Since you mentioned psycho drama, I am assuming that he also has a mental health diagnosis.

Supported employment is used for those that cannot tolerate a regular work environment. It is used for those with developmental disabilities or those with a mental health diagnosis.

do they provide him with an interpreter during his therapy sessions?

Where I am from, the State Mental Health facilities have not been providing ASL interpreters for the deaf. The State is getting sued for it. There have been more than a few deaf individuals that have been misdiagnosed with mental disorders as a result of no interpreter.

do they provide him with an interpreter during his therapy sessions?

Where I am from, the State Mental Health facilities have not been providing ASL interpreters for the deaf. The State is getting sued for it. There have been more than a few deaf individuals that have been misdiagnosed with mental disorders as a result of no interpreter.

She is not in the U.S.

There is more than one very good hospital that only employs mental health staff that can sign. Additionally, they utilize a staff CID.

She is not in the U.S.

There is more than one very good hospital that only employs mental health staff that can sign. Additionally, they utilize a staff CID.

There seriously needs to be an internal affairs headhunter with some backbone that can investigate these instances of abuse. Nothing seems to get done.

There do not seem to be any places in my State, other than G.R.E.A.T.D.A.Y. Inc. that have staff that can sign.

RNID are well known in Deaf Community in UK, they always against each other cos RNID never helps Deaf people any more and closing down a lot of support, tech, etc for Deaf and only focus on HOH people. RNID will be changing their name soon to focus on HOH.

Back