Could Soft Drinks Companies Be As Evil As Cigarette Companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an unusual and rare case. I don't think we will be seeing anything close to this as occuring in the general population.

This is a risk anytime you have an infection in your mouth. There is also a risk of bacterial endocarditis from an infection in the mouth. But this has nothing to do with soft drinks or cavities. This was an impacted wisdom tooth. And he was an adult, not a child.

While it is a sad story, it is more a comment on why we need health care reform than on anything else.

Is there such thing as second-hand drinking? ;)

Think about it...

Which would you rather have...

... a person smoking next to you and you have to put up with the smoke?

... a person drinking soda next to you and you have to put up with nothing?

Think about it...

:lol: good point

but in both cases - it affects you because the person next to you is most likely your friend or family member and they will develop serious medical issue or worse..... die slowly & painfully from it. Can't imagine having to deal with (directly or indirectly) it for years.

No, I used to drink Mountain Dew everyday for 25 yrs. I quit cold turkey. :)

you're lucky that you don't have addictive behavior like me but many people do and can't quit cold turkey from it. They will suffer from same side effect as heavy smoker.

They sell a product that is universally considered unhealthy. It causes tooth decay, obesity, diabetes, and potentially heart disease and cancer.

They heavilly market their product to children. Many consider sugar to be addictive. If you dont believe that, I challenge you to go a month without sugar.

One can argue, that its fine used in moderation but you can use that same argument with cigarettes. Supposedly, its 'safe' to smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day.

I realize soda is considered food but it has no nutritional value whatsoever. Just empty calories. Theres no reason to drink it unless you were starving and its the only thing available

no. soft drinks are only unhealthy if people can't control themselves.

I had a grandfather who once worked for Coca Cola. In the early days they were made in huge iron vats under catwalks, and workers routinely spit into them. In one year the soda would eat through four inches of iron in the vats. Today, if you ask people what are in sodas and how they are made, most wouldn't have a clue.

RCMP keep Coca Cola in their cruisers for clean blood off pavement. Eats right through it apparently.

I had a grandfather who once worked for Coca Cola. In the early days they were made in huge iron vats under catwalks, and workers routinely spit into them. In one year the soda would eat through four inches of iron in the vats. Today, if you ask people what are in sodas and how they are made, most wouldn't have a clue.

if I remembered correctly - only 2 or 3 people know Coca Cola formula

if I remembered correctly - only 2 or 3 people know Coca Cola formula

You'd think we have the technology to analyze a sample and figure it out. Oh well.

You'd think we have the technology to analyze a sample and figure it out. Oh well.

I know but you can't reverse-engineer food especially when it comes to chemistry. All you can see is what's inside but you won't know how to make it.

Think about it...

Lmao!!!

Let me clear. Do not take my Dr.Pepper away from me. Ever seen a momma bear pissed when someone messed with her baby cub? Yep...touch my Dr.Pepper, I will get mean.

wow, they probably has it passed down thru wills and secret rites of passage in the upper inside circle of coca cola secret club lol

That's why I like Dublin Dr Pepper, made out of sugar cane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back