Is it okay to call people a retard ?

Frisky Feline said:
I totally agree that I do not like someone used the word retarded because they can find a better word instead of the word retareded. It shows that person who used the word that have limited themselve in order to say something but retarded. KWIM It disgusts me whoever used the word that is another issues. Glad you brought it up here. by the way, i am told that i m retarded too in the past. oh boy..

Care to tell me what is KWIM ? lol

Yes, it´s not very nice word.

Retard is the most offense word. If anyone are disagreed with others´s view then leave it or say why they are disagree instead of calling those names like this.

I hope Admin & Mod see it.

Frisky Feline said:
yeah..

a person who call someone a retard is an IGNORANT, INSECURE, LONELY, INFERIOR and UNEDUCATED.

I totally agree with what you said -- I saw the perfect example to that. Unfortunately, it's my step son.

I've removed the pictures, but I can explain what he did -- he slandered a few people on his forum he owns. Kept on insulting people 'gay', being stupid and suck balls, etc. His english isn't all that great. :roll:

Last edited:
Removed this one as well -- I just know that I will be threatened by those people if they saw the photos I took. (Screenshots, that is)

Last edited:
Frisky Feline said:
KWIM = Know what I mean.. My apologize for the abbrev. words. ;)

Oh! Thanks for explainin' what it stands for. Nah...you are perfectly excused! ;)

CyberRed said:
Thanks everyone for sharin' your voices.... :D

I am glad that you posted to share your voices for certain member. I hope that the certain member read all your posts and try to understand that by usin' the word "retard" is NOT acceptable. Someone who used the word "retard" somewhere in this AD......... *Sigh* It's why I decided to make this thread and ask you if, it is ok to call someone a "retard". I know it's NOT okay to call someone like that since it's very rude.

In fact, I know some people from another forum called me "retard" in the past. To me, that's like someone who is a racist, Nazi, KKK, "Adolf Hilter" worshipper....... blah ! That word "retard" will not tolerate !

Is this your reply to my question?

Oh, yeah, consider me with Liza on this one too. It's never okay to resort to name-calling. Like Jamie said, I do call my friends "dummies" or other names that would be deemed insulting, if they didn't know I was kidding. :) Of course, I do make sure that they know, either before or after I call them such a name, that I AM joking. It's not in my blood to hurt anyone in any way. Despite the screen name, too...LOL.

Malfoyish said:
Oh, yeah, consider me with Liza on this one too. It's never okay to resort to name-calling. Like Jamie said, I do call my friends "dummies" or other names that would be deemed insulting, if they didn't know I was kidding. :) Of course, I do make sure that they know, either before or after I call them such a name, that I AM joking. It's not in my blood to hurt anyone in any way. Despite the screen name, too...LOL.

Malfy, I've never known you to call anyone names even in gest! lol But, you're right, as is Liza.

I think if a person has to belittle someone simply for having a differing opinion, then they need a serious reality check, and probably should also grow up! Because, like my Mommy told me when I was young... "If you can't say anything nice, then maybe, you shouldn't say it at ALL!" lol

I think differing opinions are what make each of us unique, but there's no place for rudeness. This world is a difficult place to be in as it is. We don't need to add to the chaos by what we say to people, and how we say it.

Last edited:
pinkster said:
My question to you is, are you pointing fingers? Because if you are, you're not really any better than people who name call, are you? :)

I don't call anyone a "retard" to point at. I am sure there's a certain member who called people a "retard" in this AD. It's why I made this thread to ask AD members if, they think it is okay to call anyone a "retard" or not.

I agreed all of you guys..
Totally disagreed whoever call'n you bad remarks naming.. Really quite offensed!

Somtimes my kids yelling Mommy, look that little kid has no arm.. my god.. blah blah.. I was felt really quite offensed remarks name.. I explained kids.. well, Just happend birth that way as deformed.. Least baby really so cute...
I was alerting my kids, if you seeing whoever is really Retard or anything.. Don't calling their names looks so bad names.. NONE OF IT.. Respect their disibities.. If do you willing care anyone inslut me being DEAF and DUMB ? My kids say.. No.. Extactly same thing, how can you feel same thing others peoples' feels. My kids said, ah, now I understand.. That called for "Disibities" proprite name. I *nodded* (shake my head) yes.. that right.. Then after all.. I'm glad my kids understand what I taught them "Making them Understand".

CyberRed said:
I don't call anyone a "retard" to point at. I am sure there's a certain member who called people a "retard" in this AD. It's why I made this thread to ask AD members if, they think it is okay to call anyone a "retard" or not.

That's not what I said. I said are you pointing fingers, which means are you accusing certain members in particular? Are you bringing it up because one person called you a retard and you want people to advocate you so this person feels bad that they did it?

That's what I was asking. Because I feel you are pointing fingers at someone, and despite the fact people do it a lot, it is NOT ok.

pinkster said:
That's not what I said. I said are you pointing fingers, which means are you accusing certain members in particular? Are you bringing it up because one person called you a retard and you want people to advocate you so this person feels bad that they did it?

That's what I was asking. Because I feel you are pointing fingers at someone, and despite the fact people do it a lot, it is NOT ok.

I will give you an example here : Do you think it is OKAY to allow people to call someone or AD members a "ni*ger" and, even thou it shows pointin' finger to insult when it comes out of the mouth (mouth-shootin') ? I don't think it is OKAY. Same idea with the word "retard" when it shows an openin' post for everyone to read. That's an insult and offensive. I want Alex's website to remain CLEAN and HEALTHY. It's NOT necessary for someone to say "retard" to someone else.

Miss-Delectable said:
Retard is not a NICE word to use. In fact it is against the law to use it in Australia.

No, I would never call one a retard. People deserve respect!

Yes it is, I was told no one is allowed to call me "Pommy bitch" or "Pommy Bastard" and "Whinning Pom" to any British immigrants here because it is racial comments, same with calling the black people "nig*er", Italian and Greek as a "Wog" etc.

They will get a fine if I want to sue them!! (In real life I just ignored them)

CyberRed said:
I will give you an example here : Do you think it is OKAY to allow people to call someone or AD members a "ni*ger" and, even thou it shows pointin' finger to insult when it comes out of the mouth (mouth-shootin') ? I don't think it is OKAY. Same idea with the word "retard" when it shows an openin' post for everyone to read. That's an insult and offensive. I want Alex's website to remain CLEAN and HEALTHY. It's NOT necessary for someone to say "retard" to someone else.

Forget it, you dont get what I'm saying.

You guys don't get it either,
Once when I was in junior high school, I would get taunted with that dreaded word, RETARD, RETARD, RETARD.
It became almost unbearable.
One day, though, this thug sitting behind me attempted to WRITE the word RETARD on my back.
Well, of course I wouldn't stand for that.

I strangled him.
With my bare hands.
His tongue stuck out like a banana.
It was a mess in his pants and in the air.
Authorities got called.
Somehow I got a ride home.

Bullhorns were used to clear the roadways and flashing lights were used all the way.
It was cool.
Anyway, don't lose your marbles if someone disses ya, if you follow your dream of being somebody one day, we got your back,
That fucking thug found out the hard way, didn't he?
CHILL

CyberRed said:
In fact, I know some people from another forum called me "retard" in the past. To me, that's like someone who is a racist, Nazi, KKK, "Adolf Hilter" worshipper....... blah ! That word "retard" will not tolerate

Ok, now i think your going just a bit overboard here. Someone that calls someone a retard (assuming they are not) because they are mad at the person, or thinks their dumb can hardly be compaired to a nazi or racist. Its totaly different. You typing that does infact make me think your retarted. However i'm pretty sure your not. Perhaps overreact less and learn to let things go if someone says something that obviously isnt true.

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, it´s not very nice word.

Retard is the most offense word. If anyone are disagreed with others´s view then leave it or say why they are disagree instead of calling those names like this.

I hope Admin & Mod see it.

Unless you are actuly retarted, i'm pretty sure there are far worse things someone could come up with to call you. I'm amazed at how seemingly smart people can be so uppity over a word when they are not actuly retarted because someone calls them retarted, its just name calling, its not like someone is running behind someones wheelchair pointing and yelling "RETARD, THIS GUYS A RETARD!!!" If you cant handle simple name calling, i feel really bad for you all :tears:

Megladon said:
Unless you are actuly retarted, i'm pretty sure there are far worse things someone could come up with to call you. I'm amazed at how seemingly smart people can be so uppity over a word when they are not actuly retarted because someone calls them retarted, its just name calling, its not like someone is running behind someones wheelchair pointing and yelling "RETARD, THIS GUYS A RETARD!!!" If you cant handle simple name calling, i feel really bad for you all :tears:

It is personally still unacceptable even if a person can handle namecalling. I can handle it, but I still see it as something morally and ethically unacceptable. This is the spirit of this discussion. :) Whether namecalling is acceptable or NOT... not that it's something of a test for our will to handle. That's a bit off topic, methinks.

Is it acceptable that people call YOU insulting names that may strike a nerve? Now, I'm not talking about how tuff you are... :thumb:

Banjo said:
It's against the law?

I personally don't believe there should be laws based on name-callings. But I do believe that it should be frowned upon.

It's not a law actually. It's more of politically correct term not to use the word 'retard'. But one could get in trouble if they utter the word retard because of the discrimination and vilification laws we have here.

Back