Dog crawls home with broken legs after tornado

did you see his behaves like hes happy or something?

I only saw the dog for a second on TV and could not tell how the dog it doing.
I know he has to be in a lot of pain. I had a dog that was hit by a car and her leg was broken , she was pain for awhile. :(

By Linda White
Published: May 31, 2011
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
Birmingham, AL (WVTM) --- Mason, the tornado dog, is "living the life," by the pool, and, now has about six-thousand Facebook fans and friends.

This terrier mix, is a local Facebook celebrity. His story is what makes him so special.

Vulcan Park Animal Care Vet, Dr. William Lamb said, "When we first got Mason he was dehydrated, about half of what his normal weight should be."

And his two front legs were broken.

Dr. Lamb said, "He has two plates and 17 screws combined in the two legs."

Mason was swept up by a tornado on April 27th.

Dr. Lamb said, "Three weeks after the tornado, they go back to the home, and Mason's on the back porch or the concrete slab of what was, used to be the patio wagging his tail, waitin' on them."

Mason's owners are from Birmingham's North Smithfield area. In that April 27th tornado that came through here they lost everything, their home, their belongings and they thought their dog. And they thought they would not be able to care for him anymore but that has since changed.

Dr. Lamb said, "As it turns out, we're going to be able to work it out that he can go back to his original family. They're in the process of getting their house back together and getting where they can be resettled. So Mason is going to be able to go back to the people he's grown up with."

After five weeks of rehab, Mason will go home but, there are still other animals, some lost in the tornado, some not, who still need their happy endings.

Dr. Lamb said, "Even though, we're a month, month and a half out, the works just begun not only for people, and the families, and the change in their life, but for the animals as well."

Animals who need homes…

Mason, the tornado dog, recovers from two broken legs | Alabama's 13

Ugh! Knowing my dog, he would have done the same... I'd never give him away.

Aw...

The owner lost their home and is unable to take care of the dog at this time. You want the owner take in the dog unable to afford to take it to the vet and care for it??

The owner did the right thing by giving it up to have someone else to care for it.

I would have done everything in my power to take care of the dog.
Who has the dog? Is he being taken care of now?

I would have done everything in my power to take care of the dog.
Who has the dog? Is he being taken care of now?

Dog is staying at the clinic for six weeks and then going home to his original family.

Back