Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the VP won't do you any good to join a web based video chat for the group of ASL students who are hearing.

I know that my webcam also has an option for free video chat calls, but I guess I don't know much about it at all. I know my P3 will connect with other VP's. Maybe I just don't understand enough.

Just figured out what you meant - you're right - a VP wouldn't. silly me.

chatting via webcam

I would love to chat via webcam. I am in the interpreter program at my community college here on Long Island. I am always looking for people to practice with.

I personally think that the video chat through gmail is the best one. The picture is clear and there is minimum, if any, delay. But I am willing to use whichever one you want.

Looking forward to chatting,
Julie

I would like to do this! I am in need of help! You can contact me either through PM on here or on Yahoo IM katiea90. I hope you decide to do this again. Thanks

OMG, I just found this thread and would have LOVED to have joined in. Let me know if you are going forward with this as a weekly thing. Also,

Well, how did it go.. when did you all meet up (as in what time zone of 1PM, East, Central, Mount. or West?).. how many joined up?.. details.. details..

I have a new web cam! For those of you considering getting a web cam, I got the Logitech Pro 9000. The video quality is excellent and it was easy to set up. Cost runs about $100.

I've got P3 and Skype. I'm ready to join in.

Somehow I missed the previous plans. I'll watch here for more info.

I'd like to join too! Do you have to make an account to talk on that site? It looks like you don't, but I'm not sure how it works. :)

I missed out on the first part of this conversation, however if it has to do with learning ASL... someone please email me Megwishon@hotmail.com. I'm going deaf and trying to learn.

Nice thread here, Botts.

I would also like to propose identifying people here. Like I am a Deaf person that uses ASL on daily basis.

That way others can actively seek out more effectively.

The reason I say this is because people don't normally "look" for people to help. The people who needs help will need to seek out help, and it's easier that way.

For me, I would help, only if you can PM me.
(That means to have at least 50 posts on this board.)

My motive behind that is to help encourage people to stick around. I don't want any more one pump (post) wonders.

It also helps in being more secure - not releasing any personal information on the forum itself.

Anyhoo... My PM box is open. Hopefully you guys get it before it is full, again.

Nice thread here, Botts.

I would also like to propose identifying people here. Like I am a Deaf person that uses ASL on daily basis.

That way others can actively seek out more effectively.

The reason I say this is because people don't normally "look" for people to help. The people who needs help will need to seek out help, and it's easier that way.

For me, I would help, only if you can PM me.
(That means to have at least 50 posts on this board.)

My motive behind that is to help encourage people to stick around. I don't want any more one pump (post) wonders.

It also helps in being more secure - not releasing any personal information on the forum itself.

Anyhoo... My PM box is open. Hopefully you guys get it before it is full, again.

That's really a great offer, PFH. I hope people take you up on it.

This is awesome! Megs, I'd love to chat with you and the others too :) I have a webcam built into my laptop with a pretty high refresh rate, and with most DSL connections the lag time is pretty low.

My Infos:
AIM: Gate Keeper Hel
YIM: dragonmage_221
Steam: feralshaman

skype would probably be easiest since it has video calls integrated into the program! I sign pretty slow by the way, and it may take me a little while to recognize finger spelling :( I apologize in advance but the classes I've taken are all very large and I've never really felt confident enough to ask other students to chat or help me outside of class.

New to the site...

Hi, I'm an aspiring signer who would LOVE to get in on any practice groups! Is this still going on?

Hi, I'm an aspiring signer who would LOVE to get in on any practice groups! Is this still going on?

Yes. You can contact a student here if they put their info in or please read post #34.

Can I join for ASL practice?

I just saw this forum. Can I join for ASL practice? Can somebody tell me how to, what time...
Thanks
SM

SM, I'd suggest signing up with Skype. It's a free online VOIP, and it has video installed on it. :) All you need is Skype and a Webcam and you can sign from halfway across the world!

Edit: I got to sign with someone today from the site and another person added me on Skype! It was really cool to see how the different classes and signs came up (sorry if I used too many local name signs for places D: ). Very cool!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back