Strongest OTC Sleeping Pill ?

possibly i will try kava kava if it will work on me. good thing that is natural..

Er, be careful. I heard that Kava can have liver side effects. Just because it's supposed to be natural, that doesn't mean it's safe to use.

Hi Heath,

I would advise you to take Lanata´s and Reba´s suggestion.

Not necessarily, Liebling.

For some people, these drugs are actually life saving.

I, for one, would not be able to function without antidepressants.

It's up to Heath to decide what is best for him, but some of these remedies being discussed just don't help well enough to provide decent, long term relief.

Warm milk is good for the occasion sleepless night, but if you have a diagnosed illness like PTSD, it's more likely that you'll need prescription meds to treat it.

ohhh glad you let me know thanks

I admit that I'm not a fan of alternative medicine, and to be fair, prescription meds also carry the same side effects.

Here's the difference, the Food and Drug Administration regulates prescription medications; whereas they don't regulate substances like Kava Kava. Reason being, natural remedies are considered supplements, and therefore, aren't under the auspices of the FDA.

Personally, I've grown up in the medical world, so I'm more inclined to go with what I know and trust. I trust medicine. Others may not.

Can you show me a link to that one please ? Levonian ?

Just Google it—it’s available from a lot of Internet suppliers. I buy the bulk powder, because it’s a LOT less expensive. The best sources I’ve been able to find so far are Discount Anabolics and Bulk Nutrition. Both are excellent companies to do business with.

Don’t take too much of this stuff, though. Phenibut crosses the blood-brain barrier and acts directly on the same neural receptors that the benzodiazepines do, so it can be addictive. The general consensus is that someday it will be made a controlled substance, just as GHB was made a controlled substance a few years ago. If I stop taking it, I get a nasty rebound anxiety attack, so I’m tapering off slowly. Fortunately, my addiction only costs about $.60/day. I think the ideal way to use it is to take no more than ½ a teaspoon, once a day, at night.

Bad thing about sleep medicine. your body becomes dependant on them & get used to them & end up have to take a stronger dose for them to work.

That's why I use melatonin - because its a natural drug your body produces.

Drink warm milk before bedtime.

Take a warm bath before bedtime.

Do not drink alcohol or sodas after 6pm-- it will encourage you to wake up frequently overnight.

Do not work out several hours before bedtime.

Don't watch TV while you are in bed. Try to lay in your bed in dark-- boredom will make you sleepy.

Try to get up next day EARLIER than your usual so you can go to bed easier that night and it might break your habit.

If all of above don't work for you within 3 days or more--
then I will say if you need a strong pill to knock you out-- Benardly (it is for allergies, but it is SURE drowsy.)

Heath, I will assume you are seeing a therapest and you don't want another perscription or thay are to expensive for me melatonin helped me but only for a few months you can take about 10mg a day ( a night ) for a few months start with 3 it will corect a minor imbalence for a wile but it's a tollernce thing also once your body has enof of it it will dump the rest kinda like vit c. OTC's are ushaly not very good and shuld only be used once or twice a week AT MOST. if you are haveing consitant problems you may have to get a persciption ask your doctor for samples.
cammimeal tea is also help full to me I also have a major depresive disorder and alot of truble sleeping,
may i ask what other medications you are taking ? some thing are contraindicated for some of the lissed ones inculding melitonin, I would not want you to get sick.

I'd reccomend Nyquil. Chug a little of it, go for a short drive, come home, and go to sleep.

Heath, I will assume you are seeing a therapest and you don't want another perscription or thay are to expensive for me melatonin helped me but only for a few months you can take about 10mg a day ( a night ) for a few months start with 3 it will corect a minor imbalence for a wile but it's a tollernce thing also once your body has enof of it it will dump the rest kinda like vit c. OTC's are ushaly not very good and shuld only be used once or twice a week AT MOST. if you are haveing consitant problems you may have to get a persciption ask your doctor for samples.
cammimeal tea is also help full to me I also have a major depresive disorder and alot of truble sleeping,
may i ask what other medications you are taking ? some thing are contraindicated for some of the lissed ones inculding melitonin, I would not want you to get sick.

I don't see a therapist or take meds. I am on my own.

I'd reccomend Nyquil. Chug a little of it, go for a short drive, come home, and go to sleep.

Nyquil does not cut it for me, Theraflu med does the trick but it is really for cold and cough meds and I am not going to take that for the wrong reasons and if I got the cold and the flu for real then my body probably would have high tolerance to it and it won't do me any good so it is best to not take wrong meds. for the wrong reasons besides people have been arrested while driving on Nyquil and it does register on the breathylzer. I do not want a DUI. They are very expensive and not worth the trouble to have a DUI.

That's why I use melatonin - because its a natural drug your body produces.

I use the same thing every once in a great while. Though it doesn't always give me a decent night's sleep, then again I only take 5 or 6 300 microgram tabs which is barely anything compared to a miligram whereas I was suggested to take 6 mgs...

Heath, do you have night time panic attacks? Is that why you cannot sleep?

In that case, Zoloft would help you out there. There are no "side effects" unless you don't really need it.

A deaf person's life is not an easy one, and if medication helps you deal with life, then so be it. But NOT OTC.

Do it right, or not at all.

Back