Sign for "Vegan"

DJYumene

Reaction score
I can't seem to find this; but I was wondering; what is the sign for saying "Vegan"

"I am Vegan"

I would say a "V" tapped on the forehead with a dazed look on the face. Due to vitamin and protein deficiency problems.

But sometimes, my humor can be a little mean.

I think truly vegan is just spelled.

I would say a "V" tapped on the forehead with a dazed look on the face. Due to vitamin and protein deficiency problems.

ouch but good one :laugh2:

Since a VEGAN sign would probably not be universally understood, and even the spelled word may not be well-known to everyone, it's probably best to sign that you don't eat meat, fish or dairy products.

I know how to do vegetarian.
Would it work to also say strict vegetarian? :hmm:

Thanks for the help everyone ^_^

:D

I know how to do vegetarian.
Would it work to also say strict vegetarian? :hmm:

Thanks for the help everyone ^_^

:D

I don't think so. I could be a strict vegetarian who ate milk, eggs, cheese. Most people think that is vegetarian.

You will need to explain.

I think there's one more step to Byrdie's contribution: After you sign "vegetable", you complete it by signing "person".

I think there's one more step to Byrdie's contribution: After you sign "vegetable", you complete it by signing "person".

:laugh2: I assume that is a joke, unless you don't think she got that far yet?

:laugh2: I assume that is a joke, unless you don't think she got that far yet?

Hmmm, no, I wasn't joking but I guess it might be because I haven't seen this thread in it's entriety; I was going by the last 3-5 posts....:P

I'm an ASL newbie XD ... Right now I am self-teaching; but hopefully I will be taking an ASL class soon ...

The way that I learned to sign vegetarian is "vegetable-agent" ... did I get that right? I really don't want to go out and say it wrong XD ...

"vegetable-person" = Vegan? :hmm:

You say it's a joke, but your joke displays some ignorance I would like to point out. Protein deficiency is a complete myth on a Vegan diet, as long as you're eating enough calories. Getting enough protein is like breathing: as long as there's access to fresh air, and you're breathing in deeply, you're getting enough oxygen. Likewise, as long as you're eating enough raw Vegan living food, you have all the protein and all the amino acids to build protein: our bodies are literally protein-making machines.

And, essential amino acids are found in all complex starches, fruits and vegetables as a complete amino profile. Source: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/105/25/e197

Feel free to ask a Great Ape (97-99% Vegan, with ~1% insects which are mostly termites that happen to be on foliage, and primarily fruit eaters--even the Western Lowland Gorillas will travel miles for fruit), who is 10 times stronger than you and could easily crush humans but doesn't, where they get their protein. Be sure and check out their real canines while you're at it. Here's an article debunking protein myths:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151107304698100&set=t.557968099&type=3&theater

Also, there's absolutely zero vitamins you get from animal flesh that you don't get from plants. PS--B12 is made from bacteria.

Last edited:
You say it's a joke, but your joke displays some ignorance I would like to point out. Protein deficiency is a complete myth on a Vegan diet, as long as you're eating enough calories. Getting enough protein is like breathing: as long as there's access to fresh air, and you're breathing in deeply, you're getting enough oxygen.

Also, there's absolutely zero vitamins you get from animal flesh that you don't get from plants. PS--B12 is made from bacteria.

:P I have vegan relatives...
Complete with many years of observations.

Lol or "V" like hungry...

I'm a pescatarian and gluten free... I've considered vegan but love cheese, honey, and eggs too much :)

I have enough problems finding food while I'm out with my diet... So I'll go with "V" signed like "hungry" :)

Back