Re-defining Deaf - Movie

:laugh2: at you guys. Everyone relax. I am planning to share my work with AD in due time, don't worry. But the time is not right yet. I am still working on the first draft of a collection of short stories. By this time next year, I will have a full book, and I will be looking for feedback from all of you to help me make it better and an important document in bridging the hearing and Deaf worlds.

Looking forward to that time!!

**psst-- if you need a proof-reader, I did for my father for 12 years.

I wasn't intending to make it seem like I thought it was a funny suggestion. I was trying to convery that I was making a funny comment that we would never steal his work. My father was a writer and I know where he is coming from. I apologize if it was taken wrong and I try to figure out how I am supposed to get my point and thoughts across a little better.

Maybe I'll just stop totally!!

Relax. :)

Sometimes I am intentionally an ass when I am bored.

It's :repost: :cool:
MOD: Please merge the OP's with mine and Shel's.
:ty:

This is certainly very thought provoking. I'll have to watch it again. One thought that came to my mind is that ASL poetry would be a natural fit for MTV like productions.

This is certainly very thought provoking. I'll have to watch it again. One thought that came to my mind is that ASL poetry would be a natural fit for MTV like productions.

D-Pan videos are doing exactly this, but I don't think any have aired on MTV. It would be awesome if a mainstream band decided to have D-PAN produce a premier video for them.

In Europe, Signmark has gotten significant exposure on major television music programs. I think it's only a matter of time before it happens in the US.

Anybody up for a letter writing campaign to U2?

Time for this thread to be revived. Why? Because someone wrote a fantastic analysis in response to Re-Defining Deaf.

Read here:
Click here

Last edited:
Time for this thread to be revived. Why? Because someone wrote a fantastic public proposal in response to Re-Defining Deaf.

Read here:
Click here

What exactly did she propose that wasn't already in Commerson's film? I saw a well-written analysis, though a bit too sentimental at times, but I didn't see anything new added to the discussion. :dunno:

What exactly did she propose that wasn't already in Commerson's film? I saw a well-written analysis, though a bit too sentimental at times, but I didn't see anything new added to the discussion. :dunno:

Why don't you applaud her for making the effort?

Re-framing positivity.

Ah, I read the title wrong, heh heh. Original post edited.

That I agree with. It was well-written (as I said before), and it's always a good thing when hearing people make the the shocking realization that the Deaf are intelligent, capable people, just like any other social/ethnic/cultural group.

That I agree with. It was well-written (as I said before), and it's always a good thing when hearing people make the the shocking realization that the Deaf are intelligent, capable people, just like any other social/ethnic/cultural group.

I disagree. "Omigosh, look at THAT!!!" automatically makes one group seem superior to the other, and that is not what we need.

Speaking of which... d-pan and Sean Forbes?

Its like Sean is on a stage and a lot of people are in the audience going 'look at that!" "did you know he can't hear?" "yeah, but yeah... " "wow.."

Can anyone verify to me if Sean sounds fluent? If so, fluent enough to be a singer?

I watched it a few times in the past. Very thought provoking, and his call to action is important. I am trying to do my part by writing stories that redefine how audiences think of deafness. Now, if I just had an audience...

You have an audience here my friend. :cool2:

Back