Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, this is stupid. HOVRS ripped you off 400 dollars Purple Netbook which it is not your, it is HOVRS' property.

Plus, they just branded the netbook with a LAME Purple STICKER over the dell logo..

You can buy a real netbook for 350 dollars from Dell.com and just download P3, and you just save yourself 50 bucks.

I hate when they won't say any specs because if we knew, we wouldnt buy it.

So, don't buy it. Plus, I dont like P3, I know it is in BEta but it gave me 2 times - BSOD.. my following specs are Core 2 Duo 3.7 Ghz, 4 GB, Vista Business, HD radeon 4850.

There's a difference, if you BUY it is YOURS, if you are part of the beta testing group, now that's a different story.

In case you are wondering about the system's specifications :

The Purple Netbook is a fully functional mini laptop computer. Your Purple Netbook will have some or all of the following features.
- Approximately 9 to 10 inch wide screen
- Approximately 2 and 3 pounds
- Built in Memory card reader
- USB port(s) for flash drive
- Fully functional keyboard
- Built in web cam
- Built in Wireless modem for wireless (wifi) internet access
- Ethernet port for wired internet access
- Audio Out headphone jack
- Audio in microphone jack
- Built-in, replaceable, rechargeable battery
- AC Adaptor and power cord for charging the battery
- VGA out jack
- Windows operating system
- Basic productivity software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Web browser software such as Internet Explorer.

Such specs can be found in dell website:
Dell Mini 12 Laptop / Netbook

Click on "Tech Specs"
You can also check out the customer's review

BTW thechaostheory...the price is the same. But you will have to pay for shipping & handling in additions to taxes. It will get you $500, maybe more, maybe less. Our store, you don't pay for tax nor shipping. ;)

There's a difference, if you BUY it is YOURS, if you are part of the beta testing group, now that's a different story.

The Purple Netbook is a fully functional mini laptop computer. Your Purple Netbook will have some or all of the following features.
- Built in web cam
- VGA out jack
- Basic productivity software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.

Click on "Tech Specs"
You can also check out the customer's review

BTW thechaostheory...the price is the same. But you will have to pay for shipping & handling in additions to taxes. It will get you $500, maybe more, maybe less. Our store, you don't pay for tax nor shipping. ;)

I can buy notebook on newegg and it has no sale tax and cheaper shipping cost, such as $16 for 3 days or free in some cases.

:laugh2: @ Nathan trying to advertise it.

:lol: Just doing my job since I work for Purple, sequoias. After all I am still the same old me, a regular member. :lol:

LOL, of course! So that P3 Netbook isn't under Purple's property if I buy it, right? I'm just wondering.

- Built in web cam
- VGA out jack

But it is VAGUE, not exact spec like Intel Atom 1.6 ghz, what RAM, GB, HDD size?? that i want to know. :lol:

Yes, right. you may not sell Purple Netbook. if you are not satisfied, return it back to Purple Communications.

huh? when to purchase mean it is yours... is that how purple run business? look at viable-- when they buy from viable(vpad) and not satisfied they don't have to return to viable unless if less than 30 day for refund, they may let it be dust or sell to someone. but for purple? given back without refund or can't sell after all spend money? how do they know if the customer wont abuse or over load with different program or etc other than what in p3 if return it? also, it is hard handle with window os with all virus, cache, third party program and etc...sometime it is not stable run. what does not possible for purple to tell them how they can do with p3 as it not their but purple's property?

Chevy57 said:
Brian said:
If one is interested to purchase Purple Netbook - would it still be a property of Purple Communications?
Yes, right. you may not sell Purple Netbook. if you are not satisfied, return it back to Purple Communications.

and now if we bought the laptop and we keep and you say this

Correct, Sequoias.

Can you clarify that?

Last edited:
huh? when to purchase mean it is yours... is that how purple run business? look at viable-- when they buy from viable(vpad) and not satisfied they don't have to return to viable unless if less than 30 day for refund, they may let it be dust or sell to someone. but for purple? given back without refund or can't sell after all spend money? how do they know if the customer wont abuse or over load with different program or etc other than what in p3 if return it? also, it is hard handle with window os with all virus, cache, third party program and etc...sometime it is not stable run. what does not possible for purple to tell them how they can do with p3 as it not their but purple's property?

Chevy misunderstood. Of course there is a refund.

Right, Fully refund.

Purple Solution FAQ:

Can I sell my Purple Netbook?

No, you may not sell your Purple Netbook. If you no longer wish to use your Purple Netbook then you should return it Purple Communications.

To be honest, this is stupid. HOVRS ripped you off 400 dollars Purple Netbook which it is not your, it is HOVRS' property.

Plus, they just branded the netbook with a LAME Purple STICKER over the dell logo..

You can buy a real netbook for 350 dollars from Dell.com and just download P3, and you just save yourself 50 bucks.

I hate when they won't say any specs because if we knew, we wouldnt buy it.

So, don't buy it. Plus, I dont like P3, I know it is in BEta but it gave me 2 times - BSOD.. my following specs are Core 2 Duo 3.7 Ghz, 4 GB, Vista Business, HD radeon 4850.

But we are contacting our customers that have indicated they want a second VP in their home with a special offer.

We are offering it to you for only $199.00. you should have any questions regarding this special offer, please contact Purple Account Services at 866-318-6224 (VP) Monday thru Friday.

Good question about requesting specs on RAM, GHz, ghz, GB, HDD size for 9" and 10". Nathan and I will find out about it next week. We will send more info on technical specifications of Purple Netbook.

Thank you.

Yes, there is already WIFI N adapter USB but it looks more ugly and annoying to plug/unplug all times when you traveling. So built-in is better since there is many netbook come with WIFI N. My macbook is almost 2 years old and it come with Wifi N. (no, I don't update anything since.)

Wifi G is only 330 FT (indoor) and 128 Mbit/s
Wifi N is almost 950 FT (indoor) and 600 Mbit/s!!!

Wifi N is perfect for heavy download, share files, and long range like me.

Purple Netbook have Wi-Fi Options: 802.11g mini-card.... You can easily purchase N wifi Mini PCI card and swap it then install driver accordingly. Simple as is. You don't need wifi N USB.

Google Base: Tp-Link 802.11n Wifi Wireless-N/G Mini PCI Card Adapter

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-802-11n-MIMO-Wi-Fi-MiniPCI/dp/B001NY1G00]Amazon.com: HQRP 802.11n MIMO Wi-Fi 300 Mb WLAN MiniPCI Card - Supports WPA (TKIP/AES), WEP, MIC, Shared Key, 802.1X - SST Technology for Long Distance & High Interference Environmentl plus HQRP MousePad: Electronics[/ame]

Dell Wireless 1510 PCI Express Wlan HALF-HEIGHT Mini Card: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag

They don't have to buy Wireless N USB adapter.. Wifi mini pci is easy to swap just like you do to SODIMM memory.

Catty

Right, Fully refund.

Purple Solution FAQ:

Can I sell my Purple Netbook?

No, you may not sell your Purple Netbook. If you no longer wish to use your Purple Netbook then you should return it Purple Communications.

what will purple do when they found out the customer install third party software alike aim and other than what in p3 or change something in configure of window os when they return it back? how can purple control over where they can't see what customer play with? i believe it is better off for what they purchase mean it is theirs not purple. if it is became problem then it is their fault not purple's but only on videosign software that is all...

Purple Netbook have Wi-Fi Options: 802.11g mini-card.... You can easily purchase N wifi Mini PCI card and swap it then install driver accordingly. Simple as is. You don't need wifi N USB.

Google Base: Tp-Link 802.11n Wifi Wireless-N/G Mini PCI Card Adapter

Amazon.com: HQRP 802.11n MIMO Wi-Fi 300 Mb WLAN MiniPCI Card - Supports WPA (TKIP/AES), WEP, MIC, Shared Key, 802.1X - SST Technology for Long Distance & High Interference Environmentl plus HQRP MousePad: Electronics

Dell Wireless 1510 PCI Express Wlan HALF-HEIGHT Mini Card: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag

They don't have to buy Wireless N USB adapter.. Wifi mini pci is easy to swap just like you do to SODIMM memory.

Catty

Solution FAQ:

I’d like to upgrade the memory on my Purple Netbook—who can I call about purchasing additional memory for my Purple Netbook?

At this time Purple Communications is not offering any additional customization options with our Purple Netbook. Additional memory, or similar items, can be purchased from various vendors at the buyers own risk and discretion.

But void one-year warranty if installation.

what will purple do when they found out the customer install third party software alike aim and other than what in p3 or change something in configure of window os when they return it back? how can purple control over where they can't see what customer play with? i believe it is better off for what they purchase mean it is theirs not purple. if it is became problem then it is their fault not purple's but only on videosign software that is all...

If customer sell it to someone, he/she can't open P3 on login in if not having purple member.

Solution FAQ:

I’d like to upgrade the memory on my Purple Netbook—who can I call about purchasing additional memory for my Purple Netbook?

At this time Purple Communications is not offering any additional customization options with our Purple Netbook. Additional memory, or similar items, can be purchased from various vendors at the buyers own risk and discretion.

But void one-year warranty if installation.

I wouldn't care at all.. If I were you, Just take out and keep the original card and install wifi N wireless mini pci card. If problem arise, just swap back the original wifi mini pci and delete driver (or just reformat back to original factory level on XP and send it back to Purple. I've done that on other products before. I still get warranty replacement.

As for memory, Be sure to get Low Density Sodimm memory that works with all computers including Purple rebranded Dell. In that way you don't void warranty. It may be a little expensive than High Density Sodimm. Take added Sodimm memory out if you have to send it to for warranty repair.

Too many computer stores and shops already knew customers add hardware in their computer and took it out before returning to shop for repair. The sticker that have "security" features sometime get peeled off accidently without cracking open the case and they get their warranty voided for no reason. Had one customer that never crack open case and their kid peeled the warranty sticker cuz they like cool "hologram" sticker on the corner between case and cover. They fought with shop and finally had it fixed under warranty. So today, many computers do not have "Warranty" stickers on its corner for that reason.

As long as you don't fry the Purple netbook from 3rd party hardwares (it's not gonna happen anyway), you won't void warranty. What they count is that all the original parts are still in there.

Bottom line is that be sure you take out battery and unplug the Netbook and wait 5 min before cracking open the cover for wifi card or memory upgrade in order to avoid frying anything if it suddenly powered ON on its own.

Catty

That's stupid. If I were you, Just take out and keep the original card and install wifi N wireless mini pci card. If problem arise, just swap back the original wifi mini pci and delete driver (or just reformat back to original factory level on XP and send it back to Purple. I've done that on other products before. I still get warranty replacement.

As for memory, Be sure to get Low Density Sodimm memory that works with all computers. In that way you don't void warranty. It may be a little expensive than High Density Sodimm. Take installed Sodimm memory out if you have to send it to for warranty repair.

Catty

You are right. no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back