Vacation 2008

Yes, AllDeaf Caucus on July 16-20. (Am I correct on the dates?) *nervous chuckle*

We are hoping to go Egypt for 2 weeks holiday with my family. We talked alot about this at New Year Day until Danny changed his mind....

At moment we consider Danny´s education since he will finish his school this year and still want to go school one more year. Danny changed his mind for not want to go Greece with Youth group like what he did at Rome last year and want to work at Bosch company as summer holiday to earn and save up for buy small moped (motor-assisted bicycle form).

I think we should postpone our plan to next year for go to Venice, Italy for one or two weeks holiday. Perhaps we change our mind... Wait and see until April or Summer then........

Easter weekend, I will be going to Dallax, Texas to see my son. I can't wait.

Why?...you broke? LOL!...just kiddin ya!
Pretty close. :)

My job doesn't offer paid vacations. Hubby is self employed, so he gets no paid vacations either. If we take time off from work, we get no income during that time. Also, as a terp, my schedule depends on the needs of my clients.

We do travel once a year. On odd-number years we go to my MIL's house to visit her and do repairs on her house. On even-number years we go to my family reunion. Some people might call those vacations I suppose. :)

Once a year I attend my state's interpreter conference in another town. I attend workshops there all day. Registration, hotel room, and gas cost over $300. Is that a vacation? :lol:

Once a year I attend terp training in another state. Workshop training all day. Registration, hotel room, and gas cost over $300. Is that a vacation? :lol:

We take the grandsons to an out-of-town trip for one day each year. We enjoy that, so maybe that's a vacation. :)

my good friend and i will going to Orlean, LA on June 19 to 22 to watch my best friend play softball tournment i cant wait!

my good friend and i will going to Orlean, LA on June 19 to 22 to watch my best friend play softball tournment i cant wait!

I will be going to New Orleans for NAD conference July 6th. Dang missing to met you.

Vacation? What's that?

I'm in the same boat... between work and the house payments, we take many Mini vacations on the weekend but no big ones. The last Vacation we had was 2 summers ago at Key West.

I'm in the same boat... between work and the house payments, we take many Mini vacations on the weekend but no big ones. The last Vacation we had was 2 summers ago at Key West.
Ooh, Key West! I would love to go there. I lived there when I was a toddler. I'm sure it has much changed. :)

Pretty close. :)

My job doesn't offer paid vacations. Hubby is self employed, so he gets no paid vacations either. If we take time off from work, we get no income during that time. Also, as a terp, my schedule depends on the needs of my clients.

We do travel once a year. On odd-number years we go to my MIL's house to visit her and do repairs on her house. On even-number years we go to my family reunion. Some people might call those vacations I suppose. :)

Once a year I attend my state's interpreter conference in another town. I attend workshops there all day. Registration, hotel room, and gas cost over $300. Is that a vacation? :lol:

Once a year I attend terp training in another state. Workshop training all day. Registration, hotel room, and gas cost over $300. Is that a vacation? :lol:

We take the grandsons to an out-of-town trip for one day each year. We enjoy that, so maybe that's a vacation. :)

Oh okay, i understand...
well, as for terp conferences..is that an requirement that you have to
go to them? If that so, you could claim that on your income tax, ya
know? If not, why go and waste your money? lol! but of course, thats
your business! No, i dont think i would call them "vacations"..heh!

As for going to family reunions and out of town trips, well, yeah i would
call that vacations myself! I went to Okla in November to visit my son,
daughter in law and grandkids, friends for almost 4 weeks...so yeah, that
is my vacation. I would have stayed thru after Christmas but my husband
was complaining to me in emails that he was not feeling right..so i had to
fly home sooner than expected, it was weird cuz it was that very same
day i arrived at the airport that he had that heart episode and was taken
to the hospital!!

I dont know if we will be going on any vacations this year...depends on
Mike's health and all....right now he is going thru some tests to see if
he needs open heart surgery....i pray to God that he wont need the
surgery. If all goes well, He would dearly love to go to Texas to see his
daughter and his grandkids this Spring. I would love that for him as he has
not seen them for almost 2 years!

Oh okay, i understand...
well, as for terp conferences..is that an requirement that you have to
go to them? If that so, you could claim that on your income tax, ya
know? If not, why go and waste your money? lol! but of course, thats
your business! No, i dont think i would call them "vacations"..heh!
Some of it is required, some is deductible. Even if it's not, it's still not a "waste" of money. Terps must maintain their skills and know what's happening in the terp profession (changes in certification, state laws, etc.). :)

As for going to family reunions and out of town trips, well, yeah i would call that vacations myself!
Visiting family and seeing my home state is enjoyable, that's true. Driving up for two days, driving back for two days, and rushing around is not fun. We never get to stay long enough to just relax.

...it was weird cuz it was that very same day i arrived at the airport that he had that heart episode and was taken to the hospital!!
Yes, I remember your thread about that. I hope his health will continue to improve.

Ooh, Key West! I would love to go there. I lived there when I was a toddler. I'm sure it has much changed. :)

I'm sure it has changed.

The only thing I didn't like about the Florida Keys is the "No See-ums" I call them "teeth on wings" Darn things are worse than the mosquitoes.

I'm sure it has changed.

The only thing I didn't like about the Florida Keys is the "No See-ums" I call them "teeth on wings" Darn things are worse than the mosquitoes.
We have those in SC, so I'm used to it. But you're right; they are awful!

lol! Since it is your bright idea, let her USE yours! :D

I am stuck to spend alot of money on your new purple bra and under wears, your husband was complained all of your bras are holes. :eek3:

Back