What Is the Big Deal With Gay Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
because they cannot make baby :eek3:

It's because they see as "death" when they're not able to make baby.

In some way, it's good to balance the population. More air and food for us.

...putting on flame suit ....

Here it is in a nutshell. Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle, Grandma and Grandpa.

The FAMILY unit. It has always been this way.

Allowing same sex marriages will lead public educators to teach children that same sex marriages is NORMAL.

It is not "normal" - homosexuality is a sexual deviation. Many have tried, in vain, to claim it is not a deviation (but it is).

That does not mean that homosexuals are inferior, should be treated with scorn, mocked, etc. It is just a deviation from what is considered to be the family unit.

Same sex unions are NOT a marriage. Marriage has always been a religious ceremony, and I can say this right now, there are no scriptural teaching religious sects out there that condone same sex marriages.

I anticipate that any church, temple or mosque that teaches homosexuality to be wrong will be accused of hate speech.

There it is, in a nutshell.

Bless you, when I marry a man it will be a marriage. You'll be free to disagree, as is your right, and you will be wrong. *shrug*

Last edited:
God commanded that marriage is for one man and one woman. That's His perfect plan, as stated in the book of Genesis, and reiterated throughout Scripture.

The Bible also condemns homosexual behavior as sin. Allowing legal sanction and social acceptance to sin encourages more of the behavior.

The Bible condemns much (including women teaching men), but from what I have gleamed from reading the forums, religious discussions are verboten here?

God commanded that marriage is for one man and one woman. That's His perfect plan, as stated in the book of Genesis, and reiterated throughout Scripture.

The Bible also condemns homosexual behavior as sin. Allowing legal sanction and social acceptance to sin encourages more of the behavior.

No such thing as perfection.

Whatever happened to the separation of church and state???

YOUR religious beliefs lead you to think homosexuality is wrong. MINE lead me to think it's fine :) So we've reached a stalemate...

It doesnt matter if its normal. It is non of your business.

What if the marriage has a stay at home dad and mother that works. Do you consider that normal enough to allow them to be married?

...putting on flame suit ....

Here it is in a nutshell. Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle, Grandma and Grandpa.

The FAMILY unit. It has always been this way.

Allowing same sex marriages will lead public educators to teach children that same sex marriages is NORMAL.

It is not "normal" - homosexuality is a sexual deviation. Many have tried, in vain, to claim it is not a deviation (but it is).

That does not mean that homosexuals are inferior, should be treated with scorn, mocked, etc. It is just a deviation from what is considered to be the family unit.

Same sex unions are NOT a marriage. Marriage has always been a religious ceremony, and I can say this right now, there are no scriptural teaching religious sects out there that condone same sex marriages.

I anticipate that any church, temple or mosque that teaches homosexuality to be wrong will be accused of hate speech.

There it is, in a nutshell.

what if I consider the bible to be meaningless?

If I hold a Catcher in Rye book, does it give me the right to condemn you as a phony?

The Bible condemns much (including women teaching men), but from what I have gleamed from reading the forums, religious discussions are verboten here?

what if I consider the bible to be meaningless?

If I hold a Catcher in Rye book, does it give me the right to condemn you as a phony?

Perhaps I was too indirect, I'll explain my point and then drop any religious discussion. The Bible says a lot of things are bad, not everything that the Bible says is bad are considered bad by modern Christians. Presumably there are those who no longer believe women should be forbidden from teaching men. I've noticed there can be a selectivity from some people in choosing what to condemn with Biblical support. I think it's like school, you get out of it what you put into it. Besides there are many Christians who support gay marriage so as Ildri said, we have a standoff on religious grounds. Besides, no minds will be turned and no hearts will be softened by throwing around Bible quotes.

Religious point explained and dropped.

Now let's see if anybody can find a concrete issue with gay marriage. All the "issues" with interracial marriage fell by the wayside. All the "issues" with deaf people marrying each other fell by the wayside. And the blind people and the other people the majority (i.e. the "non-deviant" (after all a minority of people are in each category, I saw this definition of "deviance" above, people being in a minority are deviant. A definition I do not attach any meaning to but am using to show its ludicrousness in the discussion at hand)) people thought shouldn't be allowed to marry the one they loved.

Let it be clear I am a man who supports marriage between two men or two women (and between a man and a woman too, obviously) and I fully intend to marry a man. I am looking forward to seeing people continue to write that I shouldn't be allowed to :) :wave:

P.S. The wedding will be fabulous :cool2:

Perhaps I was too indirect, I'll explain my point and then drop any religious discussion. The Bible says a lot of things are bad, not everything that the Bible says is bad are considered bad by modern Christians.
Just because society ("modern" Christians) changes doesn't mean that God changes.

Presumably there are those who no longer believe women should be forbidden from teaching men.
That only refers to spiritual teaching. Presumably, there are some people who don't follow that. So?

I've noticed there can be a selectivity from some people in choosing what to condemn with Biblical support. I think it's like school, you get out of it what you put into it. Besides there are many Christians who support gay marriage so as Ildri said, we have a standoff on religious grounds. Besides, no minds will be turned and no hearts will be softened by throwing around Bible quotes.
Whether or not people obey God and follow Him is not the same as whether or not God approves of behaviors. God names sin. It's up to the individuals as to whether or not they obey.

A red traffic light means stop. It still means stop, whether or not drivers actually do stop.

Just because society ("modern" Christians) changes doesn't mean that God changes.

That only refers to spiritual teaching. Presumably, there are some people who don't follow that. So?

Whether or not people obey God and follow Him is not the same as whether or not God approves of behaviors. God names sin. It's up to the individuals as to whether or not they obey.

A red traffic light means stop. It still means stop, whether or not drivers actually do stop.

Bless you, the religious discussion is over. If you have any non-religious points to make I'd love to hear them.

Don't worry I don't hold grudges, you can still be invited to the wedding :cool2:

I've got nothing against gay marriage itself and I think all the religious and moral reasons are dumb.

Although, I do think the people who want it don't realize they are in a better position without it. Once you have marriage, you also have divorce and just ask any divorced bread winner, who was married, how they liked it.

Beyond that, the only problem I see with gay marriage is how you regulate it. How do you determine two straight people are not bilking the system for health benefit and tax reduction? It works into a significant amount of money. The answer is, you can't. You just have to go on faith and I don't have much faith in people not screwing the system.

So basically we now have a law that says anyone can be a couple. Fine, I'm all for that as well, but I think the law should read anyone can be a couple. I'd like to have the woman I'm friends with on my health insurance and I'd like to get money back from taxes too. Single people like myself are footing the bill for this country. I don't get to claim a step 10 on my taxes.

I say we make a law that you don't have to be married to get those benefits. This will solve the problem of divorce; people will be a lot happier and we won't be having these discussions about who sleeps with who.

Well if they find a tax system that works on paper and IRL - then that can be fixed...

We could just change the 'married' to 'co-habituating' if they prove you and your friend do not live together (military deployment and work related travel notwithstanding) you cannot file jointly... If you share a house and share income (one account between you) then you can share tax burden.

See I fixed it. ;)

Well if they find a tax system that works on paper and IRL - then that can be fixed...

We could just change the 'married' to 'co-habituating' if they prove you and your friend do not live together (military deployment and work related travel notwithstanding) you cannot file jointly... If you share a house and share income (one account between you) then you can share tax burden.

See I fixed it. ;)
Get rid of IRS and income tax all together--change to Fair Tax (sales tax).

That solves even more problems. :D

Get rid of IRS and income tax all together--change to Fair Tax (sales tax).

That solves even more problems. :D

Depends, I pay far less then XX%, no state income tax (FL), no tax on produce, etc... lower sales tax then ...TN...

I'm married and 'running' (its a brand new baby business) a business that will show profit next year (or so).

All together (counting state sales tax) I pay less then what is proposed...

((this sounds like a new thread tho))

This assumes belief in God, assumes everyone follows Christian laws, assumes bible ONLY answer. This not true. Christianity is to world religion what the USA is to world countries...the egocentric minority who believes themselves most important, only correct, boss of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back