Emergency Room Waiting

here we have crazy wait times...i once had to wait after an ASTHMA attack like 2 hrs i had pneumonia and had an asthma attack and had to wait 5 hrs just to get into a room and then another 2-3 to see a dr and then i was finally admitted the wait times here are badddd

did they give you any breathing apparatus to help you breathe easier? or were you just basically wheezing at waiting room?

I don't think an asthma attack is the same thing as going into shock....isn't that the next worse stage of an asthma attack?

No but wait 5 hours while suffering an asthma attack? I dont understand that...

or this one?

wristbands.jpg

Once, I went to the ER and complained of stomach pains. I waited for four hours before being seen by a doctor. Less than an hour after that, I was in emergency surgery.

Recently, I went to the ER for pain in the groin area. They took me in within five minutes.

Go figure.

Once, I went to the ER and complained of stomach pains. I waited for four hours before being seen by a doctor. Less than an hour after that, I was in emergency surgery.

Recently, I went to the ER for pain in the groin area. They took me in within five minutes.

Go figure.

btw - how's your ballz?

No but wait 5 hours while suffering an asthma attack? I dont understand that...

I know what you mean but unless we know more specifics of this case, the hospital, etc, what more is there to say?

When I go to the ER they usually make me wait for an interprerter be4 they takes me back. I went in 1 time for severe back and neck swelling and they had me wait 30 minutes but when I had CO poisoning it was 15 minutes cause I had vomited 2 times be4 getting to the ER. what luck. They need to start having interpreters called and on way when a patient call ahead of arrival (I always do this) but they seem to wait til I am there then either they cant get an interpreter or they get one that is nearly 1.5 hours away.

When I go to the ER they usually make me wait for an interprerter be4 they takes me back. I went in 1 time for severe back and neck swelling and they had me wait 30 minutes but when I had CO poisoning it was 15 minutes cause I had vomited 2 times be4 getting to the ER. what luck. They need to start having interpreters called and on way when a patient call ahead of arrival (I always do this) but they seem to wait til I am there then either they cant get an interpreter or they get one that is nearly 1.5 hours away.

you're right. hospitals should have terps available before a patient reaches the ER. what i've done to get around the problem of getting a tactile terp (since there are only 3 in my area) is to bring my telebraille (braille tty) or tellatouch (a device with a QWERTY keyboard on one side and a single braille cell on the other) and communicate with the ER doctor that way. i'd prefer using a tactile terp, but if i need to see the doctor ASAP, sometimes that's the only thing i can do.

5 years ago. I had to wait at ER for 30 min before admitting, I had atrial fibiliation (heart beats irregularly) and dizziness plus vomiting because of bad ear infection (it was weeks before my CI surgery.) . My hospital have ER just 10 min away from my home. I took my wife to ER for broken hip. We waited 15 min before admitting in. Guess we happend to be at the right time during their slow time. The longest waiting time we waited at ER was 1 hour in the past.

Catty

If you want to be admitted to the ER immediately, take an ambulance. Is what we were told. by the ER Doctor.

Chest pains are not always a first priority unless you take an ambulance. My mothers friend lost her life due to they made her wait in the ER for about 10 minutes before she passed out with a heart attack. by that time it was too late.

If you want to be admitted to the ER immediately, take an ambulance. Is what we were told. by the ER Doctor.

Chest pains are not always a first priority unless you take an ambulance. My mothers friend lost her life due to they made her wait in the ER for about 10 minutes before she passed out with a heart attack. by that time it was too late.

That is not true. I took an ambulance to ER cause I didn't have a car to drive there with. Still had to wait hours before they saw me.

be aware that the ambulance ride does cost you $$$. I was told that the ambulance system in NJ is messed up. There are very few non-profit organizations in here that do give ambulance ride for free 24/7.

be aware that the ambulance ride does cost you $$$

yeah, but $$$ is not an issue when a life is at risk.

If I see someone at risk. I will not attempt to drive them to the ER myself. I will hand it down the the pros.

Back