How do you sign...

I'm sure you can find out yourself if you learn sign language and spend some time with the deaf community.

People do always seem to pick up the 'inappropriate' signs rather fast!

I have been learning sign language for a while now, but I am in a small secluded town right now for an apprenticeship and the nearest deaf community is 30 miles away and I have no car- so going out and asking really isn't an option till my apprenticeship is over, but I will ask my instructor once I get home. If your not going to help, why are you in the "how do you sign" thread? This a place to help one another out with the signs we are unsure of. You could have just said you weren't sure, or not respond at all. I know most of the inappropriate signs, but not one with an L on the nose, so I was just curious if there was one, I didn't know, since sign alters from community to community. I know that orgasm is on the nose, but it is not with an L but a "3 handshape", so its not that one, any one else want to help?

Last edited:
Hey!

SO I have a question: one of the chimpanzees I work with is named Loulis, his name sign is an "L" held on the nose once by the thumb of the "L". Supposedly there is another sign with the same handshape in the same area, but with a tapping or the forefinger bouncing a bit. Any idea what sign that could be? The rumor is that it is an inappropriate sign. Any idea?
Thanks!
insects... that's most close.

I tried and signed aloud in many different way, couldn't find anything inappropriate.

insects... that's most close.

I tried and signed aloud in many different way, couldn't find anything inappropriate.

okay thank you! I thought they were incorrect when they claimed it could also be something inappropriate. Thank you so much!

How to use Sign Language

I don't know how to use it.I wanna have more updates so that i can understand a bit of it.

PowerON, you should teach your twin brother how to sign. :lol:

See 1:17 for "disgust"
Don't be such an introvert.

:lol: j/k

Thanks for the informative video; those were excellent examples. :)

Very good analogy with the b&w video vs. color video. Signs without expression are "colorless."

:laugh2:

It's the only thing I can think of that a non-Deaf person may take offense to, unintentionally, especially if it it's a research done at a primate centre.
:shock: repeat wording... I guess you have moaned then. :laugh2:

what's the proper way of signing this in ASL format - What country are you from?

**MOD - I'm requesting that this thread be stickied so that everybody can ask their ASL sign question here instead of making more threads.

Hey - I have looked in a lot of places and can't find this. My son is bugging me. Is there a sign for Constipation? If there is, what or how?

Back