Im Not Negative on a CI

ravensteve1961 said:
You need 2 ears in order to know where sound is comming from.

Raven Most of CI user gets ONE! very few of them get both...

but for me I prefer 1.. cuz I feel much better than having 2!

Wendy

I tried to avoid CI debate here because some of you think I am against CI which it´s no true.

Guess what????? Ravensteve is correct about the difference hearing and CI to hear again.

Let me tell you what I know from my hubby where he visited 4 weeks rehab./Spa clinic last April and met 10 CI people there. My hubby get know them personally and got them tell him how they feel about CI etc. He had been with them for the whole month.

Some of CI are happy with it and can tell the difference between HA and CI.

27 years old guy lost hearing to deafness due severe car accident at 6 months ago. He took it very badly and want to be hear again and beg doctors to implant him straight way and reject doctors´s suggestion to wear special HA. Now he regret and should listen doctor in first place. He compared his experience as hearing with CI and saying that it´s a HUGH difference. He CAN´T understand what the people talking behind his back and hard to understand what music singing about because the noises is total different.
He described to my hubby how he feel the difference between hearing and CI. I wish to sign you when I see you all personality but I hope that my description match hearing people because it´s too opposite to hear with CI.

I hope you understand my description here.

For hearing people:
Can hear and speak everything from their ears with the help from the brain. The movement around the brain and ears when you hear everything with ears and speak because hair cell are alive... Something like you can hear beautiful movement of spider/insects on the table or floor. They use phone/mobile phone to listen with help from their ear.

For CI people:
Can´t hear everything from their ears but head. It likes block from the brain because ear hair cell are dead. The brain doesnt do for you but you have to training to hear with head, not ears like you training to hear with HA. Hear spider/insects movement is different noise as original hearing. They have to use phone/mobile phone on their head instead of their ears.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Well, other 29 years old guy who lost hearing to deafness itself for no reason. He is agree with 27 years old guy because he had the same feeling as him.

They are regret for not listen doctor in first place because they are not happy with it. They have to training to hear what/which kind of noises/sounds and also hear behind of back. They still speaking like hearing for hear the noises, they can´t.

I was like wow and speechless as my hubby described their stories to me because I alway thought that CI is good for children/adult who lost their hearing to deafness. I was not realized the noise between hearing and hear with CI is a hugh different.

For deaf children/adult is different because they never experienced what hearing like because they are deaf all their life since birth and know the difference between HA & CI and think CI is prefect as hearing which it´s not true. I´m speechless. :-o

Other HOH lady who had CI at 2 years ago and regret it because she is happy with special HA. She suffer alot of headache. She compared with special HA with CI and said that it´s the same.

The all CI people beleive it´s good for the children who start to use CI and training with speech development.

Everyone have different views over CI. All what I do is respect their choice.

I will be appreicate if you ask me to repeat if you don´t understand what I say in my post. :thumb:

ravensteve1961 said:
You didnt ask his wife to heal you? Hes supposed to heal you. Thats like going up to mary jesus mother ask her to heal you only her son had the power. I already e-mailed one of the pastors to asked them how can i get in touch with benny hinn. I already explained them my situtation. I will never forgive my grandmother unless she sends an angel down and help me fall in love with someone.Then ill forgive her. Until then ill find her grave and then im gonna piss all over her grave plus im gonna take a crap on her marker just to show my revenge whats shes done.

This lady was not his wife, she was a healer. She was famous as Benny is now. He was young man when he attended her service then he decided he wanted to be a healer as she was. I was a child when I went to her service couple times. Yes I did wanted to be healed but never got healed. What a joke. They were fake as Benny is now. Have u heard Tornto Blessing? It is same thing as Benny Hinn doing and if u want to spend money to attend his service but don't expect to be healed. I have done my research on this whole thing.

Supposedly if someone lost his arm, do u think this person will grow another new arm thru Benny's healing? Nope. He would have push him away as he did with other deaf people.

For mother of Jesus, you pray and ask her to help u thru intercession but she can't promise u for healing.

The answer is in bible, u will find them. Faith is the key to be healed. So if u have faith in God with whole heart and mind and spirit then u may be healed but if u are lacking in faith then none of it will come true to u.

I am sorry ur blame your grandmother for the troubles. U have to move on and let it go. No wonder ur not happy person anad no woman would want to spend lrest of life with a man who is not happy with himself.

Good luck with Benny Hinn.

Liebling:-))) said:
I tried to avoid CI debate here because some of you think I am against CI which it´s no true.

Guess what????? Ravensteve is correct about the difference hearing and CI to hear again.

Let me tell you what I know from my hubby where he visited 4 weeks rehab./Spa clinic last April and met 10 CI people there. My hubby get know them personally and got them tell him how they feel about CI etc. He had been with them for the whole month.

Some of CI are happy with it and can tell the difference between HA and CI.

27 years old guy lost hearing to deafness due severe car accident at 6 months ago. He took it very badly and want to be hear again and beg doctors to implant him straight way and reject doctors´s suggestion to wear special HA. Now he regret and should listen doctor in first place. He compared his experience as hearing with CI and saying that it´s a HUGH difference. He CAN´T understand what the people talking behind his back and hard to understand what music singing about because the noises is total different.
He described to my hubby how he feel the difference between hearing and CI. I wish to sign you when I see you all personality but I hope that my description match hearing people because it´s too opposite to hear with CI.

I hope you understand my description here.

For hearing people:
Can hear and speak everything from their ears with the help from the brain. The movement around the brain and ears when you hear everything with ears and speak because hair cell are alive... Something like you can hear beautiful movement of spider/insects on the table or floor. They use phone/mobile phone to listen with help from their ear.

For CI people:
Can´t hear everything from their ears but head. It likes block from the brain because ear hair cell are dead. The brain doesnt do for you but you have to training to hear with head, not ears like you training to hear with HA. Hear spider/insects movement is different noise as original hearing. They have to use phone/mobile phone on their head instead of their ears.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Well, other 29 years old guy who lost hearing to deafness itself for no reason. He is agree with 27 years old guy because he had the same feeling as him.

They are regret for not listen doctor in first place because they are not happy with it. They have to training to hear what/which kind of noises/sounds and also hear behind of back. They still speaking like hearing for hear the noises, they can´t.

I was like wow and speechless as my hubby described their stories to me because I alway thought that CI is good for children/adult who lost their hearing to deafness. I was not realized the noise between hearing and hear with CI is a hugh different.

For deaf children/adult is different because they never experienced what hearing like because they are deaf all their life since birth and know the difference between HA & CI and think CI is prefect as hearing which it´s not true. I´m speechless. :-o

Other HOH lady who had CI at 2 years ago and regret it because she is happy with special HA. She suffer alot of headache. She compared with special HA with CI and said that it´s the same.

The all CI people beleive it´s good for the children who start to use CI and training with speech development.

Everyone have different views over CI. All what I do is respect their choice.

I will be appreicate if you ask me to repeat if you don´t understand what I say in my post. :thumb:

Intereting here. I have a dear friend who just got CI last January and he loves it every bit. He explained to me that the way he hear thru CI and HA are not same. HA is alike only limited to one square while CI is more alike everywhere. It takes time to understand where the sounds come from. Funny when he heard train come by near here and his wife who wears HA does not hear it so he asked my hearing husband, "is that sound come from train?" He said yes. Before with HA he does not hear train at all.

True people who just lost hearing later at the age and wished they get their hearing back but not work out with CI cuz they believe CI will help them to hear alike normal hearing. They were wrong.

Reason I did not want CI is because of my lack of wearing HA all of my life and my brain may not use to it and may not able to send me the right kind of message or it may not work at all, no sound comes to brain. 50/50 chance of it will work or not for me. Hate to waste my money if it is not working for me.

jazzy said:
Intereting here. I have a dear friend who just got CI last January and he loves it every bit. He explained to me that the way he hear thru CI and HA are not same. HA is alike only limited to one square while CI is more alike everywhere. It takes time to understand where the sounds come from. Funny when he heard train come by near here and his wife who wears HA does not hear it so he asked my hearing husband, "is that sound come from train?" He said yes. Before with HA he does not hear train at all.

True people who just lost hearing later at the age and wished they get their hearing back but not work out with CI cuz they believe CI will help them to hear alike normal hearing. They were wrong.

Reason I did not want CI is because of my lack of wearing HA all of my life and my brain may not use to it and may not able to send me the right kind of message or it may not work at all, no sound comes to brain. 50/50 chance of it will work or not for me. Hate to waste my money if it is not working for me.

Yes, everyone have different view to compare CI with HA. HOH claimed that special HA (better model than old one) is almost the same as CI. :dunno:

Yes I can image that deafies compare CI with HA and have the feeling that CI is better advantages than HA because they are deaf all their life but hearing people who lost hearing to deafness see different.

I´m surprised about hearing people who compared hearing with CI and said it´s total different. They can´t understand what the noise is they have to train to learn what the noises sounds. Interesting because I didnt know that. I alway thought CI to hear again is the same as hearing. It´s not. I learned about this for a first time from my hubby last April. Interesting.

What Im objecting to is sounds dont sound like its supposed to be. Like a Bird calling.That will sound totaly differant than a real hearing person hears it. I do agree CI is great for young children because they never heard what it really sounds like.I had experance in hearing i recon the sounds.My Fear with CI is youll hear people talking like robots. No Not "Lost in Space" Robot thats a real human voice in that silly robot.But a robot vocie from a computer like the movie "War Games" A bird will sound so differant than a real bird and so in other animal sounds. Thats my objection from a CI. And im glad i listened to the doctor.

Mc Gusto said:
But you dont need 2 ears to hear,i have only been able to hear through one ear for over 20 years and being able to tell where sound come has barely if at all affected my life

I would agree. I have absolutely no ability to localize sound whatsoever. And although it is a considerable inconvenience, and has caused me difficulties in the past, it is really not that big a deal.

ravensteve1961 said:
What Im objecting to is sounds dont sound like its supposed to be. Like a Bird calling.That will sound totaly differant than a real hearing person hears it. I do agree CI is great for young children because they never heard what it really sounds like.I had experance in hearing i recon the sounds.My Fear with CI is youll hear people talking like robots. No Not "Lost in Space" Robot thats a real human voice in that silly robot.But a robot vocie from a computer like the movie "War Games" A bird will sound so differant than a real bird and so in other animal sounds. Thats my objection from a CI. And im glad i listened to the doctor.

raventsteve: This is a legitimate concern that many people have and is one reason why a person may decide not to be implanted. It's really difficult to determine how someone will hear with a CI. When I hear birds sing, they sound like I remember as a child (chirp, chirp, tweet, tweet, etc.), but for another person I know who has a CI, bird songs are mechanical and electronic sounding.

When my CI was first activated everything sounded metallic and extremely high pitched. However, the more often I heard certain sounds and voices, the more normal they became. While I can't say for sure whether this "normalcy" is because of what I hear through my CI or my auditory memory, I can say that the quality of sounds and voices does get better in time.

That being said, I understand why you may be reluctant to get a CI because of how sounds and voices might be. (I had the same concerns too before I was implanted.) It *is* a different way of hearing and because of that, it takes time for the brain to understand what it hears through a CI.

very few of them get both...
True, that's b/c either people have too much ossfication or b/c they can be helped a bit with a hearing aid in the other ear.....however it is slowly but surely changing...there are some bilateral implantees!
Ravensteve, I understand your concerns....the hearing that a CI or an aid gives you is not the same as what hearing people hear. However, you've never heard normally, so why are you worried? You might get quite a bit of benifit from CI, and enjoy music....but many people including late deaf people LOVE them!

deafdyke said:
True, that's b/c either people have too much ossfication or b/c they can be helped a bit with a hearing aid in the other ear.....however it is slowly but surely changing...there are some bilateral implantees!
Ravensteve, I understand your concerns....the hearing that a CI or an aid gives you is not the same as what hearing people hear. However, you've never heard normally, so why are you worried? You might get quite a bit of benifit from CI, and enjoy music....but many people including late deaf people LOVE them!
Hey i heard very close to normal.Im sorry i did hear very close to normal it just bought the sound up to loud. For those who have normal hearing let me give you and example. Turn your radio down to very very low that you barely hear it.Ok as you hear tiny bit of it thats what i heard without my hearing aid. Now Turn Knob up to almost loud. Thats how i heard things with my hearing aid on. GET IT NOW?

Ravensteve, you may have heard close to normal in terms of dB, BUT what you heard wasn't anything like what hearing people think of as hearing....It's more like....hearing people hear in 3-D, whereas dhh people can only hear the equalivant of a painting!

No.. My type of deafness was my hearing was too low. I only heard something like whispers without my aid. When i put my aid in i could hear fine. Without my aid i would have to turn up radio and TV Way Too Loud to hear it. Get it now? :|

you're not seeing what I'm saying.....We dhh people do not hear the way hearing people hear even with hearing aids, and with CIs....I have a conductive loss myself and even I don't hear like a hearing person, since I hear via bone conduction!

No one with a degree of hearing loss can hear like a hearing person. Nerve damage affects how that information is relayed to your brain. It is not a matter of turning up the volume, unfortunately. Any audiologist worth his degree will tell you that.

Anyhoo, there are new models of CI implants available out there that are designed to not destroy your residual hearing (or so they say.) If hair cell regeneration doesn't become a reality for another 20 years or so perhaps a Ci would be an excellent method for you to communicate in the meantime. You also don't have to be implanted in both ears, so there would always be the option of having the hair cells in the unimplanted ear regenerated. My 2 cents, take it or leave it.

CI is like a Hilter to the deaf world.

Anyway, I never support the deaf children to get the CI. It is like giving the visions to the born-blinded person. It makes no sense with that thing. It is always best to leave the blind person to be blinded just because they are born as blind which they are more comfortable with blind than being visionable. With that logic and it applies to the deaf as excatly same situation.

Oh give me a break! A CI or hearing aids do not, and I repeat do not make a dhh person hearing. It makes them functionally hard of hearing....even people with unilateral losses have difficult times hearing! IYIYIYIY!
Crazyman, are you against hearing aids? If so, why not?

I am not against Hearing Aids. The Hearing Aids don't really hurt the deaf world.

CI is like invading into someone's body for a goal to reduce the deaf people in the world.

Simply put, CIs do not threaten deaf culture or ASL. I know many deaf people who were implanted (myself being one of them) who still participate in the deaf community. CIs aren't for everyone and as long as deafness exists, so will deaf culture. I don't see deafness being wiped out anytime soon. :)

Well....so long as hearing loss exists....there are many of us here who are audilogically hoh, but who ID as Deaf!
Crazyman, you're not seeing what I'm saying.....CIs do not make a deaf person hearing.....they just improve hearing anywhere from being able to hear enviromental noises to functioning as with a mild loss or functiong as hoh! Hearing aids can do this TOO!!!!!11 Why are hearing aids so different from CIs? Many implantees still parcipate in the deaf world....Being Deaf doesn't mean that you have to be stone deaf or "deafer then thou!"

I am not sure about CI issue...I think there are pro and cons about having CI. My friend who had CI, not sure when she got it but recently, she can not go under detailed MRI...drs think she may have brain tumor in her brain due to recent seizures she has been getting. they have to remove her CI to do detailed MRI so CI can complicate things in a way. hmm. :dunno:

Back