At least 4 killed, dozens injured by car crashing into OSU parade

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least 3 reported dead, multiple injuries in crash at OSU parade; woman reportedly taken into custody

Three people were killed killed Saturday and several others were hurt after a vehicle crashed into spectators at the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade, the Stillwater News Press reported.

The Stillwater, Okla., mayor has confirmed that three people are dead , two others in critical condition, and 27 have been airlifted to area hospitals, the paper reported. Eight helicopters responded to the scene.

Police were reporting three dead and 22 injured, according to The Associated Press.

Witnesses told KOTV there was a terrifying crash as a car slammed into parade watchers at a high rate of speed. A police motorcycle unit was also hit, the station reported.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Lt. John Vincent reported multiple injuries at the scene, but said that he had no further details. The News Press tweeted that the woman driver was taken into custody.

"At first we thought it was part of the show," one witness told the paper. "People were flying 30 feet into the air like rag dolls."

Another witness told the paper he saw the car plow in the crowd.

"All I saw was bodies flying, kids flying. It was horrible," Larry Smith said….

More:

Crash at OSU

Last edited:
Update:

A fourth victim has died--a two-year-old. :(

Ban motor vehicles! Motor vehicles kills

Yes! I am talking to you anti-gun zealots! Get the idea?

I'm going to give this driver benefit of the doubt, may have had a medical condition unrelated to alcohol (blood tests haven't been reported) or stuck gas pedal, or something. Sure hope so.

Sorry for dead and injured.

I'm going to give this driver benefit of the doubt, may have had a medical condition unrelated to alcohol (blood tests haven't been reported) or stuck gas pedal, or something. Sure hope so.

Sorry for dead and injured.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/24/multiple-injuries-reported-in-crash-at-osu-homecoming-parade/

I am sure the police were able to smell the booze on her breath . If was a medical condition I don't she would have been able to had a mug shoot taken.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/24/multiple-injuries-reported-in-crash-at-osu-homecoming-parade/

I am sure the police were able to smell the booze on her breath . If was a medical condition I don't she would have been able to had a mug shoot taken.

There's a condition called diabetic ketoacidosis where your breath has a sweet smell also mimicking liquor on your breath, and until all blood work is back they won't know for sure.

Many of the people ,including police say she didn't seem to be drunk, is what makes me think of the medical condition.

I really don't know, but hope she wasn't drinking.

The mug shot would have been for the fact that she injured/killed people with her car not whether because she was drunk- though that is possible if they have the results back from the blood tests.

In WDYS's link it says 'suspected' and 'under suspicion' so it hasn't proven yet that she was actually under the influence.

But according to this article (further down)... she was charged with being under the influence.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/25/us/oklahoma-car-into-crowd/

Stillwater police said Sunday that the car's driver, Adacia Avery Chambers of Stillwater, had been charged with driving under the influence. She was transferred from a city jail to the Payne County Jail on Sunday.

Chambers would likely appear in court Monday and additional charges would be presented to the Payne County District Attorney's office, police said in a statement.

Chambers allegedly drove her 2014 Hyundai Elantra into an unmanned police motorcycle before careening into the crowd of spectators.

this was reported 43 minutes ago (according to google)--

http://www.koco.com/news/attorney-osu-homecoming-crash-suspect-was-not-mentally-competent/36040690

Short version- her attorney believes she was not drunk but has a mental illness.

The attorney for Adacia Chambers, who authorities say was driving the vehicle that barreled into a crowd of spectators at the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade, said that he believes she is not mentally competent.

Tony Coleman told reporters on Sunday that he believes she has a mental illness, though he did not speculate what kind of mental illness she may have.

He said he met with Chambers on Saturday night. He told reporters that there was a period of time that Chambers does not remember and he believed she may have blacked out.

Coleman said he believes she was suicidal at the time of the crash. He said in interviews with loved ones, it was revealed that she would go days without sleeping and was concerned about others' perceptions about her.

He said he believed she was not under the intoxicant of alcohol the night before the crash or the morning of the crash before she left for work.

"Police identified the victims as Nakita Prabhaker, 23, of Edmond, Bonnie Stone, 65, of Stillwater, Marvin Stone, 65, of Stillwater and 2-year-old Nash Lucas, from Stillwater.

An additional 46 people were injured in the crash, including Nash Lucas' mother."

:(

The Stones worked at OSU and Prabhaker was a graduate student there...

:(

how do you or family live with something like this..If accidental it going to be very hard

The driver's lawyer claims she wasn't drinking but that she has a mental illness.

Let's make cars illegal because they kill people. They kill many more people each year than guns.

The driver's lawyer claims she wasn't drinking but that she has a mental illness.

I heard the lawyer said the woman didn't know she was driving her car right into a crowd of people . I find this very hard to believe , if she really does have a mental illness this prove that putting a ban on guns is not going to made any difference . People can just turn their car into a deadly weapon and kills a lot of people at one time. If her family knew she was so suicidal they should had tried to have license taken away from her . What a horrible senseless crime :(

Foxrac, it's merged here. :)

Back