Less and less gas guzzlers on the road...

Yes, and the states and federal government are crying foul because less road taxes are coming in because we are buying less gas. They now want to do away with the road tax you pay on gas and go to charging you by how many miles you drive per year.

I've seen more new vehicles come with tiny turbocharged engines even new big Ford Explorer bodies with 4 cyl turbocharged engines installed in FWD, with AWD uses 3.5L V6 engines I think. I stay away high MPG vehicles because I believe the new high MPG vehicles will have more driverability problems later such as low power, much oil consumptions or more automatic transmissions's problems.... Maybe EPA change their mind to bring back to big engines.

I've seen more new vehicles come with tiny turbocharged engines even new big Ford Explorer bodies with 4 cyl turbocharged engines installed in FWD, with AWD uses 3.5L V6 engines I think. I stay away high MPG vehicles because I believe the new high MPG vehicles will have more driverability problems later such as low power, much oil consumptions or more automatic transmissions's problems.... Maybe EPA change their mind to bring back to big engines.

I noticed mostly Japanese cars are high MPG than american cars at same size since 90's. So later, GM finally made high MPG and they got a lot problem with engine/transmission already.

EPA should banned Automatic transmission because it was not safely to drive. Why? They were too busy with phone, smoke, jerk off, play with radio,shave, read book, etc.. So manual transmission keeps your both hands and feet stay on all times and force on the road. Also most automatic transmissions are awful short life than manual transmission.

I noticed mostly Japanese cars are high MPG than american cars at same size since 90's. So later, GM finally made high MPG and they got a lot problem with engine/transmission already.

EPA should banned Automatic transmission because it was not safely to drive. Why? They were too busy with phone, smoke, jerk off, play with radio,shave, read book, etc.. So manual transmission keeps your both hands and feet stay on all times and force on the road. Also most automatic transmissions are awful short life than manual transmission.

Never ban automatic transmissions.

Still have a guzzler...need it.

I am looking forward for better gas mileage. I don't understand WHY Auto manufacturers switched back to gas guzzling mode during mid or late 90's while back in 1973 to early 1990's that they developed car that save gas. The highest gas mileage that made and sold was Geo Metro and LeCar both are 3 cylinders and had 55mpg. It's kinda sad that Automotive manufacturer follows what people wanted, more powerful gas guzzler. Apparently newer generation who took over Mgmt and rest of younger adult assume that we have enough gas again. I grew up when there were gas crisis back in 1973 and I remember seeing long lines waiting for gasoline ration. And afteward many cars became smaller and save gas. For example Ford Mustang used to be big muscular car before 1973 then afterward it's smaller and 4 cylinders. I rode my friend's 1976 Ford Mustangs back then.

Today, Smart Car (short 2 seater car) have 3 cylinders but what disgust me is that it get 31 mpg. My friend from Ireland told me that cars in Ireland are small engine (I've seen cute little 4 cylinder before). He said that it have nothing to do with engine size, It have all to do with transmission. It's a secret... Here in USA, bigger engine, small transmission, Europe, Smaller engine, bigger transmission. He said USA blow lot money on gas while Europe gas are expensive and people spend less. This is why you see European drive small cars.

Now I'm looking forward for Hybrids, and Electric cars to reduce dependence on gasoline. There are prediction that we will run out of gas by 2050 or later. I bet by the time we reach 2050, There will be alot of alternative or synthetic fuel to replace gasoline and runs much cleaner.

That's because you don't understand whats behind "Profit" All companies understand one thing and its called "Profit", and would do anything to get profit no matter how bad it would be. No companies can survive without profit for too long.

I am looking forward for better gas mileage. I don't understand WHY Auto manufacturers switched back to gas guzzling mode during mid or late 90's while back in 1973 to early 1990's that they developed car that save gas.

I am looking forward for better gas mileage. I don't understand WHY Auto manufacturers switched back to gas guzzling mode during mid or late 90's while back in 1973 to early 1990's that they developed car that save gas. The highest gas mileage that made and sold was Geo Metro and LeCar both are 3 cylinders and had 55mpg. It's kinda sad that Automotive manufacturer follows what people wanted, more powerful gas guzzler. Apparently newer generation who took over Mgmt and rest of younger adult assume that we have enough gas again. I grew up when there were gas crisis back in 1973 and I remember seeing long lines waiting for gasoline ration. And afteward many cars became smaller and save gas. For example Ford Mustang used to be big muscular car before 1973 then afterward it's smaller and 4 cylinders. I rode my friend's 1976 Ford Mustangs back then.

Today, Smart Car (short 2 seater car) have 3 cylinders but what disgust me is that it get 31 mpg. My friend from Ireland told me that cars in Ireland are small engine (I've seen cute little 4 cylinder before). He said that it have nothing to do with engine size, It have all to do with transmission. It's a secret... Here in USA, bigger engine, small transmission, Europe, Smaller engine, bigger transmission. He said USA blow lot money on gas while Europe gas are expensive and people spend less. This is why you see European drive small cars.

Now I'm looking forward for Hybrids, and Electric cars to reduce dependence on gasoline. There are prediction that we will run out of gas by 2050 or later. I bet by the time we reach 2050, There will be alot of alternative or synthetic fuel to replace gasoline and runs much cleaner.

It was all about cheap gas and the automobile manufacturers make more money from big cars. Follow the money and you will see why they did it.

Yes, and the states and federal government are crying foul because less road taxes are coming in because we are buying less gas. They now want to do away with the road tax you pay on gas and go to charging you by how many miles you drive per year.

I read that too about having to pay by how many miles you drive per year and this will increase the cost of everything. I bet people will start car pooling to work or just use public transportation more to get to work .

Never ban automatic transmissions.

Because you are smoker.

Also mostly of European use manual transmission more than USA.

I don't think "ban" on automatic transmission will ever happen. There is some people who have mobility disability that depends on auto trans to drive around. Paraplegic, CP, limited use of arm for instance.

I had a Ford that lasted me 260k with auto transmission never touched even once. It depends on how you drive and maintenance.

I read that too about having to pay by how many miles you drive per year and this will increase the cost of everything. I bet people will start car pooling to work or just use public transportation more to get to work .
Some people cannot carpool or use public transportation.

I don't think "ban" on automatic transmission will ever happen. There is some people who have mobility disability that depends on auto trans to drive around. Paraplegic, CP, limited use of arm for instance....
True. When my son-in-law lost his leg he had to sell his manual transmission car and buy an automatic instead.

Some people cannot carpool or use public transportation.

I know , I had to use my own car to go work as health aide and I am sure glad there was no tax on how many miles I drove my car per year.

I don't think "ban" on automatic transmission will ever happen. There is some people who have mobility disability that depends on auto trans to drive around. Paraplegic, CP, limited use of arm for instance.

I had a Ford that lasted me 260k with auto transmission never touched even once. It depends on how you drive and maintenance.

You means automatic transmission life last 260k miles without fluid/filter changes? I hear nothing......

No, fluids/filter had been changed per maintenance. I was saying it has never broken down as taking it apart to fix it.

You means automatic transmission life last 260k miles without fluid/filter changes? I hear nothing......

People with disabilities may drive automatic transmission.

Back