Attachment problems?

Vance

Reaction score
I want to attach my cat pictures but it didn't load up or anything else when it is done uploading thru VB's attachment feature.

Is there any limitation that I am not aware of? I want to attach four images (average 57 kbs per image) and approx 700x500 resolution (jpeg of course).

Hmm... that's weird. I don't know why it's not working. It works fine on my computer. I can upload pictures up to 100 KB. If you still have problems, email me with the pictures and I'll be happy to help you out. :thumb:

Megatsu, are you still having upload problems? Like Vampyrox said, you should be able to upload up to 100KB in size.

Let us know if the problem persists.

Alex & Vamp, it works now. I don't know why or how. Both of you, thanks for offering your help!

Magatsu said:
Alex & Vamp, it works now. I don't know why or how. Both of you, thanks for offering your help!
No problem! :thumb: Glad we could help. :)

Alex....is Img001.JPG too big? I tried to attach the pic of me but it says its too big so what do i do?...have it resized or what? Im confused cuz i see some pics in here are huge!...thanks in advance for your help.

Defee said:
Alex....is Img001.JPG too big? I tried to attach the pic of me but it says its too big so what do i do?...have it resized or what? Im confused cuz i see some pics in here are huge!...thanks in advance for your help.
I think your picture is exceed 100 kb limit, you probably will need to compress bit more to lower the file size to get it under 100 kb.

Defee said:
There are things to watch out for. BMP files tend to be very big because they aren't compressed. JPG are compressed. Secondly, it also depends on what quality you save your JPG in. Saving JPG in maximum quality may make the size bigger while saving it as good (normal save mode) saves it in smaller size.

ok Mag and Vamp..i understand that but the point is how do i resize it to make it smaller??

You can post in Pictures board area.

use {img}http://yourprovideraddy.com/picfile.jpg{/img}

notice: the url is non-real addy for just example and replace the {} to [], I couldn't work with code string (#) icon above is not working and I use {bah} for example only. when you put the pics use [ ] whenever put the img and /img strings.

Last edited:
Defee said:
ok Mag and Vamp..i understand that but the point is how do i resize it to make it smaller??
Do you have any image editor with you? If not, you can download this free but wonderful program: http://www.irfanview.com/

Download both program and plugin. Install these then open the image that you want to resize with that image editor then click 'Image' tab and you will see 'Resize' option. You can input the resolution size you desire, it will resize it for you.

Back