ASL Games

Kiranadia

Reaction score
I run a study group for my ASL 2 class and they really don't focus when we actually need to study. I was hoping to find some games (specifically to help with the recognition and retention of fingerspelled words, numbers, facial expressions, and obviously vocabulary.)

I believe that making it more interesting than simple drills will make them willing to stop using their voices and follow rules of the games... ya know?

Anyways if any of you have ideas I'm open to hear them. (I've already come up with Bingo and Guess who? for description a game)

Thanks in advance! :ty:

I run a study group for my ASL 2 class and they really don't focus when we actually need to study. I was hoping to find some games (specifically to help with the recognition and retention of fingerspelled words, numbers, facial expressions, and obviously vocabulary.)

I believe that making it more interesting than simple drills will make them willing to stop using their voices and follow rules of the games... ya know?

Anyways if any of you have ideas I'm open to hear them. (I've already come up with Bingo and Guess who? for description a game)

Thanks in advance! :ty:

Games in ASL and Sign Languages

Thank you so much! both websites given have been wonderful! I'm loving the ideas!

And there is also a website that sells a card game that plays quite a bit like Uno (if you're familiar with that). There are 3 different card decks, each with 5 different handshapes. You then have to match the handshape with a word card in your hand (so you need to remember how that sign is done to know what handshape it uses), or you can match the color to use another card such as, Reverse, Skip Two, Draw Four, etc.

Say It in Sign: ASL Flash Cards, ASL Greeting Cards, Lenticulr Holographic Cards

I have the first card deck. They're made nice, but I haven't played it as of yet (hoping to on Thursday at Sign Language Club) If it goes well, I plan on purchasing the other two decks. :)

Just a thought....

One of the games we played in my ASL1 class was to boost fingerspelling of numbers.

It is called Buzz..
You form the group into a ring, then one person starts at 1. next signs 2. When you hit any number with 3 in it(3,13,23,33, ect..) you fingerspell the word b u z z . Anyone that messes up, must start over at 1..

It was a great game for numbers, but it was rare that we made it past the teens.. Mind you, for most, it was the first time any of them signed before.

She also did a crossword puzzle, but I think that was the hardest game we ever did, since she signed the 'box' and word direction facing us and we all had to invert the actions when writing the words left-right. Most of us got lost and confused.

My 12 yr old son & I would play "Deaf Uno"...same as regular Uno but ya must use ASL instead. It's really good for colors and numbers.
I bought a board game called "Sign it" when I was tutoring a 8 yr old. it's a good game.

Sign It

These are wonderful ideas! I look forward to using all of them. I will post back how they do with my study group

Back