My Main PC Hard Disk Drive is dead. Blah!

Josh B

Reaction score
I feeling too sick to see my HDD dead. My stuff like musics, movies, and pictures are gone. :tears: But thanks to my PS3 and notebook save some of my stuff. :aw:

I looking for replacement my dead Seagate 250GB to something like 320GB or higher, what's HDD brand good for overall? :hmm:

Western Digital. period.

Maybe, you might need a hard disk adapter to see if your computer able to transfer them into a new hard disk if lucky as last resort. Here is the link: NewerTech USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter .

Another suggestion, look up on search engine for "recovery hard disk software" and "recovery dead hard disk service".

Western Digital. period.
Agreed 100%

@Josh B - mate, you will need to get an external hard drive for your own sake, when you buy a new internal hard drive, get an external one as well. This is for your back up purposes. It is highly recommended you only store important documents and espeically photos into your external hard drive than your internal. This prevents from losing - it is a more less likely of a risk.

Agreed 100%

@Josh B - mate, you will need to get an external hard drive for your own sake, when you buy a new internal hard drive, get an external one as well. This is for your back up purposes. It is highly recommended you only store important documents and espeically photos into your external hard drive than your internal. This prevents from losing - it is a more less likely of a risk.

Absolutely !! I use an external drive for storage purposes, and I am SO *thankful* that I have it. I don't have a care in the world now -- if my laptop should fry or something -- I will have lost nothing. With thousands of graphic and web design files, I cannot afford to lose stuff! I made that mistake once years ago, never again.

Absolutely !! I use an external drive for storage purposes, and I am SO *thankful* that I have it. I don't have a care in the world now -- if my laptop should fry or something -- I will have lost nothing. With thousands of graphic and web design files, I cannot afford to lose stuff! I made that mistake once years ago, never again.
Excatly - you lose nothing.
External hard drives are the best thing.

I have heard that external hard drives don't last as long as internal hard drives.

Why? They are not as well cooled off by fans as internal hard drives. And also they are subject to hard use by being moved (accidentally dropped etc).

I have heard that external hard drives don't last as long as internal hard drives.

Why? They are not as well cooled off by fans as internal hard drives. And also they are subject to hard use by being moved (accidentally dropped etc).
Well that is true.
but if you look after it carefully.
I have a 4 year old Western Digital 750GB hard drive, and it is running great today.

or... if you hate the hassle w/ multiple HDD backups... get Amazon S3

Why? They are not as well cooled off by fans as internal hard drives. And also they are subject to hard use by being moved (accidentally dropped eyc).

I don't even have mine plugged in when I'm not using it. Its usb-based, so I stick it in the usb port when needed. Like I said, I use it for storage only. So it stays plenty cool.

you can get your own external hdd case that satisfies you. and in case of emergency (fire, flood, etc.)..... you can just grab your external hdd with you.

I don't even have mine plugged in when I'm not using it. Its usb-based, so I stick it in the usb port when needed. Like I said, I use it for storage only. So it stays plenty cool.
Like this, there is plenty of ways to take care of it.
Alleycat's way is a good way to keep it cool.

if Amazon S3 is too complicated for you... get a Dropbox...

Dropbox uses Amazon S3 and profits from it. But Amazon S3 is pretty simple and it's much cheaper.

Well that is true.
but if you look after it carefully.
I have a 4 year old Western Digital 750GB hard drive, and it is running great today.
I think that's exactly what I have. I know its western digital, not sure on GB space since I'm not near my laptop at the moment. But you just can't beat this for peace of mind. Especially when its not expensive!

the world most reliable and trustworthy server farm. hackers especially 4chan have tried to hack it as a retaliation for Amazon's removal of WikiLeaks and failed... to be exact - an EPIC FAIL!

Amazon's servers are so powerful and abundant that it's basically impossible to DoS it since it's designed to handle huge spike with ease during major sale events.

I think that's exactly what I have. I know its western digital, not sure on GB space since I'm not near my laptop at the moment. But you just can't beat this for peace of mind. Especially when its not expensive!
I have taken a photo of mine, I have it at work at the moment. Please excuse my sticky notes on it. :|

x2jk7n.jpg

Back