What do you know about Asian Deaf Culture?

illustrator

Reaction score
• Asian deaf people do not fight for equal rights; Deaf people in the US do.

• Asian deaf people have adequate educational programs; Deaf people in the US do not.

• Both Asian and deaf people in the US are accepted by society.

• US deaf people are less religious, but have more religious churches, synagogues or temples to choose from; Asian deaf people are more religious, but have fewer religious churches, synagogues or temples to choose from.

The first three are false, but the last one is true

Illustrator.. I know about the Asian/Deaf community as a fellow ADv2 member we both know was Malaysian. It was hard to get into mosques, etc.

Originally posted by Freaky
Illustrator.. I know about the Asian/Deaf community as a fellow ADv2 member we both know was Malaysian. It was hard to get into mosques, etc.

well, I saw in CVS magazine and thought I could share about it...

Originally posted by illustrator
• Asian deaf people do not fight for equal rights; Deaf people in the US do.

• Asian deaf people have adequate educational programs; Deaf people in the US do not.

• Both Asian and deaf people in the US are accepted by society.

• US deaf people are less religious, but have more religious churches, synagogues or temples to choose from; Asian deaf people are more religious, but have fewer religious churches, synagogues or temples to choose from.

The first three are false, but the last one is true

258 Illustrator....I didn't know half of that. ;) I just know that a lot of countries' deaf communities and citizens aren't really readily accepted by society. We still have a long way in educating society that there's really NOTHING wrong with us, except HEAR...d'oh.

Re: Re: What do you know about Asian Deaf Culture?

Originally posted by WaterRats13
258 Illustrator....I didn't know half of that. ;) I just know that a lot of countries' deaf communities and citizens aren't really readily accepted by society. We still have a long way in educating society that there's really NOTHING wrong with us, except HEAR...d'oh.

Did you read Illustrator's last sentence? It means that "Both Asian and deaf people in the US are accepted by society" statement is not true.

Re: Re: Re: What do you know about Asian Deaf Culture?

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Did you read Illustrator's last sentence? It means that "Both Asian and deaf people in the US are accepted by society" statement is not true.

:Oops: I was half asleep when I composed the post. :P Pardonez moi.

Back