Does Milk Make You Sleepy?

AJ

Reaction score
whenever i drink milk i get so tired. it doesn't matter if its cold milk or warm milk. i cant have milk and cereal in the morning or ill be out like a light. so i usually have cereal as a bed time snack. or if i cant sleep i drink milk and in about 10 minutes im ready to hit the bed. i was wondering if milk had this effect to anyone else.

I don't think so. I eat cereal in the morning but sometimes at night as snack. Warm milk, yes.

Did you research or ask your doctor about this?

AJ said:
whenever i drink milk i get so tired. it doesn't matter if its cold milk or warm milk. i cant have milk and cereal in the morning or ill be out like a light. so i usually have cereal as a bed time snack. or if i cant sleep i drink milk and in about 10 minutes im ready to hit the bed. i was wondering if milk had this effect to anyone else.

Hmmm I haven't noticed that I get sleepy after drinking some milk so I guess it doesn't.

Mama2AFTIV said:
I don't think so. I eat cereal in the morning but sometimes at night as snack. Warm milk, yes.

Did you research or ask your doctor about this?

no i never asked my doctor or researched it. but im thinking about Googling it now.

If I drink milk at night, it soothe my stomach, making it easier to go to sleep. Same as cheese or peanut butter. But if I drink it in the morning or afternoon, it doesn't make me sleepy.

milk make you tired?? all I know the warm milk it will make the babies tired. :) ..

mine you know in the car have vent heat if you feel so cold need warm in the car that make me feel sleepy same with during in the summer when it is hot that make me sleepy hehe

perhaps you are allegery to milk?

no, it doesn't make me sleepy but I drink it everyday

i dont know i hate milk but give it to my girls not seems they're sleepy
:lol: @liebling's thread adversting a milk is good to make ur bones strong :D

I drink milk, but it doesn't make me fall asleep. Maybe warm milk will do but I haven't noticed that.

BabyAngel said:
You don't drink milk at all?????? :-o

Cold milk doesn't make me sleepy but warm milk does!!

I used to when I was pregnant, but milk makes my stomach upset, so I don't drink milk anymore and I don't eat cereal anymore either.....

Milk does a body good!

I like milk once in a while when I eat spicy food sometimes.

Hmm... I've never had this problem. I drink strawberry milk, chocolate milk, vanilla milk, and regular milk at bedtime... nothing.

RebelGirl said:
Milk does a body good!

I like milk once in a while when I eat spicy food sometimes.

oh let me answer the question.. no it doesn't make me sleepy

well, yes sir, it may make me sleepy when my room gets too warm. then yeah, it did made me so sleepy but at the most of times, it never occured me being sleepy as I do eat cereals with milk, only 2% milk... well, sometimes with Vi-D.

AJ,
The reason you're so sleepy after drinking milk is you might have dairy intolerance. My sister gets sleepy just like you.

Back