birth control pill (question)

lovezebras

Reaction score
What pill are you guys on? I am on marvelon and was put on it for the obvs reason but also to help with skin and cramps. My pill hasn't been working as well as my skin has changed, as well as i got my period 5 days early so my period lasted a week and half. My "bf" and I had sex and then he was like you are bleeding:S that was on a friday and I wasn't supposed to get my period until tuesday or wednesday. I am going to make an appt with my gp to get a pap and such but I was wondering what pill you guys are on? I've been on alesse and it was totally no good for me not strong enough. I've also been stressed lately too which I know can't help but I can't take a risk with my bc not working we usually always use condoms but not as often ( i know it's bad) cuz we've been together for 2 years. Opinions women:)

Well, you could try Yasmin, but it could be a bit expensive for you.

Juliet 35D seems to do the trick for me.

Perhaps it's time for you to try a BC that has more strength than the one you're currently on.

I might not be the right person to suggest those names because they might not sell them in Canada for all I know.

It sounds like stress could be a possible major contributor.

Anyway, hope things will improve for you soon.

Depo provera
Had bleeding for 3 months and 1 week straight after first shot (body adjusting to it) but after that so far no period :dance:
I'm opposite of you I was overly sensitive to estrogen lol

You might want to talk to your OB/GYN about it...sorry it didn't work out for you. I was on BC (forgot name of it) for short time to regular my period but I stopped. Heck I don't even enjoy having periods..icccccccccck!

I do not want to have to get a shot..i HATE shots..and i get really dizzy and faint after needles...so i'd rather not lol...We do have Yasmin, my mom was on it at one point. I have a drug plan that covers 90% of my medications:) thank god cuz my asthma meds are quite expensive as well:)

I do not want to have to get a shot..i HATE shots..and i get really dizzy and faint after needles...so i'd rather not lol...We do have Yasmin, my mom was on it at one point. I have a drug plan that covers 90% of my medications:) thank god cuz my asthma meds are quite expensive as well:)

Alicia,

Get with your gyn and see if you can switch your pill. That might be your best bet. Some women just need to try different brands before they find a combination that their body can deal with.

Good luck! :)

im using birth control for cramps and protect pregnant if i have my own baby somedays so i can taking pills everyday morning approve doctor's orders.

I made an appt today and have it on the 7th of january:) i am going to get a pap *shudders* i hate those so i am making my bf come with me

I made an appt today and have it on the 7th of january:) i am going to get a pap *shudders* i hate those so i am making my bf come with me

i do taking pap smear and its so PAIN! but not hurt me during test but my mom taking me in test because she is nurse she know everythings in her nursing school.

my mom,me,my aunts and my cousins taking pap smear every years IF you are not pregnant or no cancer but my doctor says i dont have pregnant or cancer make sure im ok.

Back