Hi my name is Kelly, I am a hearing college student studying ASL. We are learning about Deaf Culture and were asked to contact a few people to ask the following questions. If you have a few minutes I would like to know your opinions on the topics. Thank you so much
1. What were some of the educational/social obstacles you faced in school growing up?
2. What language should be learned first by Deaf children?
3. Who did you idolize growing up? Who was/were your hero(s)?
4. What jobs can Deaf individuals hold as adults?
5. What are some obstacles, socially, in your workplace?
6. What do you like to do for fun?
7. Should Deaf individuals be allowed to collect SSI?
8. What do you know about cochlear implants and how do you feel about them?
9. What is your opinion on Deaf and hearing intermarriage?
10. Where did you meet most of your social group: work, school, community?
11. Do you think there should be more interaction between the Deaf and hearing communities?