03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Join Date: Jun 2008
We must receive the form and payment by and/or before the 28th.
If you ever wanted to color a beautiful world, now’s your chance! Grab a crayon – now, not later! We all know that life is tough and busy with plans, but we all know better that life is tougher when those plans leave us out.
You have enough power to help yourself and to stand up for your rights. That’s what the theme “Now, Not Later” for ColorFEST 2010 is all about. Family and friends of any orientation: join our conference at RIT and help us recognize and celebrate the Deaf GLBT community!
Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, straight. What is your color?
Welcome to Colorfest 2010
Founded in April 11, 2008, the first weekend of enriching fun was presented to Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) to recognize and celebrate our culture, to connect and network more efficiently with each other, and also to raise awareness about Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf (RAD) by exposing the organization to the youth of our Deaf GLBTIQ community.
Deaf GLBTIQ students from RIT-NTID, Rochester, New York City, Boston, Gallaudet, and even as far as Toronto, Canada gathered and made memories they would never forget! Any member and ally of our family are welcome.
Gallaudet was so inspired—they initiated the tradition by hosting last year on their campus. This year, it will be at RIT again, and who knows about next year!
RAD recognizes the importance of our future generation and the need to preserve, nurture, invest and encourage the youth within our Deaf GLBTIQ community
Go to this link:
Schedules & Rates
1. Print and fill out the registration form
2. Include the check, money order or fill out the credit card section of the registration form.
3. Put the form and payment in one envelop and mail it to the address stated on the ColorFEST website.
Combo ticket includes:
* Conference's Welcome Bag (full of goodies)
* Open Ceremony (drinks and appetizers will be provided)
* Workshops (6 workshops to choose from -- details will be posted soon)
* Saturday Breakfast and Lunch before and during Workshops
* Saturday night Banquet
* ColorFEST Showcase (Talented performers, Drag Queens and Kings, ColorFEST Next Top Models and much more!)
Keep in mind that you must be 18 and up to attend or at least show proof that you are a college student.