AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > General Chat
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree1925Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #4381 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,687
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
I would offer to take over your class for today, but I'm afraid they would eat me alive.
Knowing my students, they probably would. They always take advantage of new people who work with them. They are too smart for their own good sometimes. lol
deafskeptic, KristinaB and Cheetah like this.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is online now  
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #4382 (permalink)
TWA
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
You know that you and your SO are more than welcome to come over for a Mexican fiesta. Just tell me when is a good time. Feb is a bad month for me so maybe March?
Nom nom nom nom nom. That sounds great! But I want to have ya'll over at my place first. Maybe during the Cherry Blossom Festival, if the weather is nice, we'll have a barbecue and then mosey on down to the Mall?
TWA is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #4383 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JanatheShort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 358
I am thinking "TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
JanatheShort is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #4384 (permalink)
Registered User
 
NorCal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Golden State
Posts: 5,031
thinking, "Vancouver, Washington!!"
__________________
"keep it simple, simple is better"




I am proudly to rep Bay Area of NOR*CAL
NorCal20 is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #4385 (permalink)
Rio
Patriots Rock!
 
Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Patriots lockerroom
Posts: 13,524
Blog Entries: 60
Send a message via Skype™ to Rio
Thinking of my new guy <3
__________________




Ps.103:12 He washes our sins away into the ocean
Brady's back

Proverbs 17:9
Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends
Rio is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #4386 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
KarissaMann05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 6,734
Send a message via AIM to KarissaMann05 Send a message via MSN to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Yahoo to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Skype™ to KarissaMann05
I am thinking: "What's up these flying pigs in AD'ers' avatars?" It seems it may be from movie or something.

Isn't it?
KarissaMann05 is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #4387 (permalink)
Cheetah Consulting-Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarissaMann05 View Post
I am thinking: "What's up these flying pigs in AD'ers' avatars?" It seems it may be from movie or something.

Isn't it?
Oh, I haven't seen that movie yet!!!
__________________
The Cheetah Consulting services
No request too small, no fee too large!
Serving the deaf world wide since yesterday.
Open daily 9 ~ 5
Cheetah is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #4388 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
mbrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,512
Blog Entries: 1
Babe: Pig in the Afterlife?
purplewowies likes this.
__________________
Sarcasm - just another little service I offer.
mbrek is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #4389 (permalink)
Cheetah Consulting-Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrek View Post
Babe: Pig in the Afterlife?
Maybe Charlotts Web... but did the pig fly in that one? I can never remember as it was not my favorite book...
__________________
The Cheetah Consulting services
No request too small, no fee too large!
Serving the deaf world wide since yesterday.
Open daily 9 ~ 5
Cheetah is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #4390 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
mbrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,512
Blog Entries: 1
No, it was just the relationship of a pig and a spider. No flying involved.
__________________
Sarcasm - just another little service I offer.
mbrek is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #4391 (permalink)
Cheetah Consulting-Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,694
I just had to go looking for a Cheetah Flying pig! Damn if I didn't find one too!
__________________
The Cheetah Consulting services
No request too small, no fee too large!
Serving the deaf world wide since yesterday.
Open daily 9 ~ 5
Cheetah is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #4392 (permalink)
Cheetah Consulting-Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrek View Post
No, it was just the relationship of a pig and a spider. No flying involved.
I'm not a big fan of talking spiders. I might be ok with a talking pig, but then I know I just might be eating him later.
JanatheShort likes this.
__________________
The Cheetah Consulting services
No request too small, no fee too large!
Serving the deaf world wide since yesterday.
Open daily 9 ~ 5
Cheetah is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #4393 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Beach girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: northern Virginia in winter; NC in summer
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBlue View Post
Thinking about seeing if I can lower my car payments by refinancing my loan at a lower rate now that my credit rating has improved with the end of my bankruptcy. I sent an email to the person who handled my initial loan and am waiting for her reply. It's at a credit union, so hopefully they will be more willing than perhaps a big bank might be.
Just be careful that they keep the term the same as you have now, or it will start over with the amortization and you will wnd up paying more in interest, even with a lower rate.

In other words, if you have two more years to go, say, don't let them change you to three years, because you will end up paying a lot more over the course of the loan.
Beach girl is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #4394 (permalink)
My IQ: 12
 
SneakerNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 2653'41.95" N 4140'50.62" W
Posts: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrek View Post
Babe: Pig in the Afterlife?
No, it's second generation of "Dumbo", Some how his wife had a baby that turned out a flying pig..... Dumbo want a paternity tested!!
KristinaB, Cheetah and mbrek like this.
__________________
No trees were harmed in the sending of this email; however, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
SneakerNet is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #4395 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,516
How I learned that the difference between "d" and "f" make a big difference in some cases.
KristinaB and mbrek like this.
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #4396 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
mbrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,512
Blog Entries: 1
^^^OMG!!! I learned the same! (quack)
AlleyCat and KristinaB like this.
__________________
Sarcasm - just another little service I offer.
mbrek is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #4397 (permalink)
Registered User
 
LoveBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,040
I'm thinking the flying pigs have something to do with the saying "When pigs fly".
__________________
Severe-to-profound hearing loss in both ears.
SD @ 100db L-88% / R-96% - unaided
Phonak Naida IX UPs
LoveBlue is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #4398 (permalink)
Registered User
 
LoveBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach girl View Post
Just be careful that they keep the term the same as you have now, or it will start over with the amortization and you will wnd up paying more in interest, even with a lower rate.

In other words, if you have two more years to go, say, don't let them change you to three years, because you will end up paying a lot more over the course of the loan.
Don't worry. I'm looking at the big picture. I don't want to extend the loan but am wondering if I can reduce the monthly pmts. I may also make a one time extra payment when I get my refund from the power company since I've been using my daughter's SS $ to help pay my high budgeted monthly pmts. Thank goodness for the mild winter. The car is currently being paid for out of her SS$. Hoping she'll have a job by the time the SS stops so she can take over the pmts.
__________________
Severe-to-profound hearing loss in both ears.
SD @ 100db L-88% / R-96% - unaided
Phonak Naida IX UPs
LoveBlue is offline  
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #4399 (permalink)
Cheetah Consulting-Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrek View Post
^^^OMG!!! I learned the same! (quack)
Damn it! I saw this when you first posted it and I only just now understood... I'm such a dufus sometimes!!!
__________________
The Cheetah Consulting services
No request too small, no fee too large!
Serving the deaf world wide since yesterday.
Open daily 9 ~ 5
Cheetah is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #4400 (permalink)
Registered User
 
nickysunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Send a message via Yahoo to nickysunflower
Thinking I would like to get my friends some steak to cook on the grill, when I go over there. I don't eat beef, so don't know what to buy. I want to get them some good steak. What would you all suggest?
nickysunflower is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #4401 (permalink)
Registered User
 
LoveBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,040
Why do scholarship applications ask questions about things you won't know till after you have to send in the applications?
Tuition/Room & Board costs...2012-2013's won't be announced till sometime in the summer. Though the information packet my daughter received shows the 2011-2012 costs and indicate the costs usually go up 5-9%. So I used 7% to estimate the those costs. Of course, there are other costs....
What are you going to use to finance your education and where will you get this from (scholarships/student loans) and how much will you have to pay? Well, let's see. She won't get the financial aid packet from the college till after the applicaitons have to be mailed. She won't hear back from the scholarships she's applying any sooner. So she has no idea how much student loan she'll need to take out and from whom.
We do have my EFC (the portion that I SHOULD be able to contribute), but I'm writing a letter to the college to let them know of special circumstances that were not calculated into the EFC, so hopefully she'll get more Fin Aid from the college.

I've been told that our state university (which is where she's going) is committed to minimizing how much debt their in-state students have when they graduate. I was told it's about $18,000 max debt.

My daughter will also have the opportunity to work either at the college or at any of the state hospitals (she's going for nursing) to help pay her tuition. However, she's did her nurse tech clincals at one or two of the facilitiese and is hesitant about working two or more years at them.
__________________
Severe-to-profound hearing loss in both ears.
SD @ 100db L-88% / R-96% - unaided
Phonak Naida IX UPs
LoveBlue is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #4402 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockin'robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 18,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBlue View Post
Why do scholarship applications ask questions about things you won't know till after you have to send in the applications?
Tuition/Room & Board costs...2012-2013's won't be announced till sometime in the summer. Though the information packet my daughter received shows the 2011-2012 costs and indicate the costs usually go up 5-9%. So I used 7% to estimate the those costs. Of course, there are other costs....
What are you going to use to finance your education and where will you get this from (scholarships/student loans) and how much will you have to pay? Well, let's see. She won't get the financial aid packet from the college till after the applicaitons have to be mailed. She won't hear back from the scholarships she's applying any sooner. So she has no idea how much student loan she'll need to take out and from whom.
We do have my EFC (the portion that I SHOULD be able to contribute), but I'm writing a letter to the college to let them know of special circumstances that were not calculated into the EFC, so hopefully she'll get more Fin Aid from the college.

I've been told that our state university (which is where she's going) is committed to minimizing how much debt their in-state students have when they graduate. I was told it's about $18,000 max debt.

My daughter will also have the opportunity to work either at the college or at any of the state hospitals (she's going for nursing) to help pay her tuition. However, she's did her nurse tech clincals at one or two of the facilitiese and is hesitant about working two or more years at them.
My sentiments.....I'll be going thru the same thing in 2 years with my "baby", and know it's gotta be mind-boggling....
rockin'robin is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #4403 (permalink)
Registered User
 
deafbajagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
Knowing my students, they probably would. They always take advantage of new people who work with them. They are too smart for their own good sometimes. lol
My students WILL. WILL. *nod*

LOL!
deafbajagal is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #4404 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,516
That I've got to go to a funeral today. For somebody I don't know or had met, but the honey wants to go. I will always go to support him. After that, the rest of the day is M.I.N.E. !!
mbrek likes this.
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #4405 (permalink)
Emotional Mess
 
KristinaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the backstroke
Posts: 14,466
Thinking how much i don't like the gloomy grey skies right now. Good thing the neighbor got his window replaced this morning while we still had sun.
__________________
Taking life one day at a time.
KristinaB is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #4406 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockin'robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 18,895
Am thinking about this ear ache...and just saw the doctor yesterday....took some Excedrin, and just ignore it and finish up with dinner.
rockin'robin is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #4407 (permalink)
Registered User
 
lanapoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 2,568
Might not have a home to come back to after all.
__________________


Anger and intolerance are the enemies
of correct understanding.
lanapoo is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #4408 (permalink)
Emotional Mess
 
KristinaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the backstroke
Posts: 14,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanapoo View Post
Might not have a home to come back to after all.
Goodness, what happened now?
__________________
Taking life one day at a time.
KristinaB is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #4409 (permalink)
Registered User
 
lanapoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaB View Post
Goodness, what happened now?
Foreclosure.
__________________


Anger and intolerance are the enemies
of correct understanding.
lanapoo is offline  
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #4410 (permalink)
Emotional Mess
 
KristinaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the backstroke
Posts: 14,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanapoo View Post
Foreclosure.
Your family? That's terrible!!
__________________
Taking life one day at a time.
KristinaB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.