AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > General Chat
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree997Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #301 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Miss-Delectable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 17,174
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
that's why I wear sunglasses but I lost my prescription sunglasses. and I haven't bought another one cuz it's $$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
Same here!!! I hate not wearing sunglasses...
You all should get glasses with tinted lenses as well anti-glare shield put on glasses. Might cost a bit but good investment as it's all in one glasses.

When I was in Canada, I had glasses with anti-glare shield. It helped but it does scratch easily, I think.

Now I just wear glasses with tinted lenses and I like it.
__________________
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller
Miss-Delectable is offline  
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #302 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,662
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-Delectable View Post
You all should get glasses with tinted lenses as well anti-glare shield put on glasses. Might cost a bit but good investment as it's all in one glasses.

When I was in Canada, I had glasses with anti-glare shield. It helped but it does scratch easily, I think.

Now I just wear glasses with tinted lenses and I like it.
I used to have Rx sunglasses until, like Jiro, I lost them. I hope to get new ones in the Spring if money permits.

Either that or get contacts and buy cheap sunglasses.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #303 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,662
Blog Entries: 3
Day was busy and I was in the middle of a great Science lesson plan to get my students ready for a final test when the fire alarm went off. One staff burned her popcorn causing a lot of smoke. So, we returned after evacuating the building and I proceeded to continue my lesson when the secretary interrupted my lesson to let me know that my son's school called saying that I needed to pick him up due to him throwing up so I had to leave in the middle of my lesson. I hate hate letting go control of my class to another person especially if it was a review for a test. I hope my students did well on their Science test. GRRR!

So, I got home with my son and have been making trips back and forth to the bathroom helping him while he gets sick. Poor baby.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #304 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Miss-Delectable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 17,174
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
I used to have Rx sunglasses until, like Jiro, I lost them. I hope to get new ones in the Spring if money permits.

Either that or get contacts and buy cheap sunglasses.
Could your health insurance cover the cost of glasses and tinted lenses? Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
So, I got home with my son and have been making trips back and forth to the bathroom helping him while he gets sick. Poor baby.
Poor kid. Hope he'll get back to good health by tomorrow.
__________________
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller
Miss-Delectable is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #305 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Sosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beantown
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanblue7 View Post
Wirelessly posted

I went to work this morning, helped a hoh student learn to download music from youtube (frustrating) we both tried it was not successful lol, then I went to grocery store and came home to fix lunch. Now, I am resting before going to zumba class.
Have fun!
__________________
Sosie is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #306 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Sosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beantown
Posts: 3,035
I lost my RX sunglasses many times, that pissed me off. They were expensive, tho. I swore I would never buy expensive sunglasses again. So, I bought cheap sunglasses instead. So, I don't have to worry about that.

I hope your son feels better soon, Shel!
__________________
Sosie is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #307 (permalink)
Emotional Mess
 
KristinaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the backstroke
Posts: 14,448
When I got my glasses, I got the clip on sunglasses that fit my frames. Since I use a rollator, my sunglasses stay in the basket and I always have them when I need them. Son is always forgetting his sunglasses and his eyes get sunburned easily. He has "pale pigment" in his eyes and so has to be very careful.
KristinaB is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #308 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,927
I will bring two pairs of sunglasses for the road trip to prevent snow blindness. Gonna be a long weekend. CYA later!
Beowulf is offline  
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #309 (permalink)
Farting Snowflakes
 
Dixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 13,394
I went to work and while there I got a call from my cousin and she wanted to know if my DD could have a sleepover at her apartment with her two kids. I said yes. So as soon as I got finished I boogied home and got her bag packed. Before I left dad said I got a phone call to help out with a 5K race in the morning as they found themselves shorthanded at the last minute. I tried calling back but I kept getting the 'disconnected' message. I may just get up extra early in the morning and drive by the race site to see if I am still needed. I don't mind helping out in my community where I can. I also have to go to work tomorrow as soon as I am done with the race. After that I am going back to pick up my DD from my cousin's apartment, then I will drive by the Verizon store to inquire about their plans for the iPhone when it is released officially. After that we are going to a friend of mines apartment to play the Wii and watch a movie. We may possibly eat out tomorrow night depending on how late I get done. I may go 30 minutes early to see if I can try to get done early. I will see.
__________________
The world is measured in peasants; smaller than a unicorn but, bigger than a tidbit!
Dixie is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #310 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Sosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beantown
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
I went to work and while there I got a call from my cousin and she wanted to know if my DD could have a sleepover at her apartment with her two kids. I said yes. So as soon as I got finished I boogied home and got her bag packed. Before I left dad said I got a phone call to help out with a 5K race in the morning as they found themselves shorthanded at the last minute. I tried calling back but I kept getting the 'disconnected' message. I may just get up extra early in the morning and drive by the race site to see if I am still needed. I don't mind helping out in my community where I can. I also have to go to work tomorrow as soon as I am done with the race. After that I am going back to pick up my DD from my cousin's apartment, then I will drive by the Verizon store to inquire about their plans for the iPhone when it is released officially. After that we are going to a friend of mines apartment to play the Wii and watch a movie. We may possibly eat out tomorrow night depending on how late I get done. I may go 30 minutes early to see if I can try to get done early. I will see.
What a hectic day for you, Dixie?! You've got any of your own time.
I stayed in my bed last night despite my cough. (It is getting better a little.) I surfed AD, chatted with my sister via IM and read a book, "The Faith Club".
__________________
Sosie is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #311 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,319
Blog Entries: 1
I was woken up at 9am, got dressed and basically chilled out all day on fb etc.
__________________
lissa, 24, profound bilateral sensorineural hearing loss.

Nucleus 5 in my left ear, Implanted October 2000, activated November 2000.
Oticon Spirit Zest C SP in my right ear
Lissa is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #312 (permalink)
Emotional Mess
 
KristinaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the backstroke
Posts: 14,448
It's 11:45am and so far, I have fed the family eggs, grits and biscuits for breakfast, taken hubby to the dentist for the first of 3 impressions for his dentures and gotten daughter ready for a day of work with a neighbor. Now, I have to fix lunch, take MIL to the hair dresser, take MIL to a seniors group at church and then take her to dinner, come home and work on lesson plans and grading papers for the kids. Have to get a shower in sometime. I also have to clean the bathroom again and vacuum the house. We have 2 cats coming to us tomorrow. We are picking them up after church.

Last edited by KristinaB; 01-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.
KristinaB is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #313 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,507
Yay for the kitties! I was up until 1 am but that's nothing, I actually slept until 8 am (for once !!) I was just too over-tired this week with the few hours of sleep I get.
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #314 (permalink)
Registered User
 
sheila022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,538
Send a message via AIM to sheila022
Today?

Forced myself to wake up at 11 AM to rush to Central Square post office to ship out this textbook I had sold. I won't been needing that book for awhile, so I figure just to sell it to someone.

I'm relaxing in my room today, all sore and tired from dancing for 2 hours non-stop and walking for 3-4 hours more with my friends around Cambridge in the freezing cold, and then having a small social get-together with some of my pals in me and my roomie's room yesterday. I personally think Jonnie Walker Scotch whiskey is too strong for me. Irish cream coffee whiskey is pretty good. One of my pals got really drunk after drinking bit too much of alcohol while we were playing Dixit, a board game. He was going bit crazy in this room. lol
__________________


sheila022 is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #315 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila022 View Post
Today?

Forced myself to wake up at 11 AM to rush to Central Square post office to ship out this textbook I had sold. I won't been needing that book for awhile, so I figure just to sell it to someone.

I'm relaxing in my room today, all sore and tired from dancing for 2 hours non-stop and walking for 3-4 hours more with my friends around Cambridge in the freezing cold, and then having a small social get-together with some of my pals in me and my roomie's room yesterday. I personally think Jonnie Walker Scotch whiskey is too strong for me. Irish cream coffee whiskey is pretty good. One of my pals got really drunk after drinking bit too much of alcohol while we were playing Dixit, a board game. He was going bit crazy in this room. lol
I don't miss the cold, but I miss the area! I used to spend a lot of time in Boston. It's like a slice of American History right there.
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #316 (permalink)
Registered User
 
sheila022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,538
Send a message via AIM to sheila022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat View Post
I don't miss the cold, but I miss the area! I used to spend a lot of time in Boston. It's like a slice of American History right there.
I know!! It's so cold here, but I love Boston/Cambridge anyway!! I think I want a property here one day as well properties in southern California and southern Florida as well After all, gotta escape to somewhere warm while Boston/Cambridge is all chilly. xD xD
__________________


sheila022 is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #317 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila022 View Post
I know!! It's so cold here, but I love Boston/Cambridge anyway!! I think I want a property here one day as well properties in southern California and southern Florida as well After all, gotta escape to somewhere warm while Boston/Cambridge is all chilly. xD xD
Hey, we can go in and buy properties together. Kill two birds with one stone!! It's even colder here in MN -- it's a BALMY 16 degrees today We had near-zero temps all this week. Fun FUN Fun NOT !!
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #318 (permalink)
Registered User
 
sheila022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,538
Send a message via AIM to sheila022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat View Post
Hey, we can go in and buy properties together. Kill two birds with one stone!! It's even colder here in MN -- it's a BALMY 16 degrees today We had near-zero temps all this week. Fun FUN Fun NOT !!
Hey, what a great idea!!

Wow, MN? Feels bad, man. It's about 29 degrees now in Cambridge, but I can't imagine 16 degrees?!?!?!??!
__________________


sheila022 is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #319 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila022 View Post
Hey, what a great idea!!

Wow, MN? Feels bad, man. It's about 29 degrees now in Cambridge, but I can't imagine 16 degrees?!?!?!??!
That is about normal here in the winter. We went through a deep freeze a few years back where we didn't get above zero for some 2 weeks at all. We broke records. Born and raised here so I guess I'm not leaving til I move to Alaska (my SO wants us to )
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #320 (permalink)
Rio
Patriots Rock!
 
Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Patriots lockerroom
Posts: 13,516
Blog Entries: 60
Send a message via Skype™ to Rio
Wirelessly posted

Did zumba this morning, went to the store bought a birthday card, saw my friend who works there and chatted a bit. After, came home cleaned up, cooked breakfast, did dishes and laundry. I am relaxing and going to watch playoffs Steelers vs Ravens no for any teams, fun to watch. I am going out tonight to a club for my friend's bday which was yesterday the whole jr high school clan will be there!
__________________




Ps.103:12 He washes our sins away into the ocean
Brady's back

Proverbs 17:9
Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends
Rio is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #321 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila022 View Post
Hey, what a great idea!!

Wow, MN? Feels bad, man. It's about 29 degrees now in Cambridge, but I can't imagine 16 degrees?!?!?!??!
16? warm.
posts from hell is offline  
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #322 (permalink)
Farting Snowflakes
 
Dixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 13,394
I got up, went to work. Came home and cleaned out my truck, got the laundry started. Went to my cousin's apartment to pick up my DD from a sleepover. Then at the last minute my plans to play Wii at my friends apartment got bombed out. So I just came back home, finished part of the laundry and put clothes up. I changed into my pajamas and now I'm here goofing off into the wee hours of the morning.
__________________
The world is measured in peasants; smaller than a unicorn but, bigger than a tidbit!
Dixie is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #323 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Miss-Delectable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 17,174
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by posts from hell View Post
16? warm.
Wrong....... methinks that's cold.... as in....

No way I'd hit the Northern Hemisphere during their winter.


Anyway, all I did today was go to work then came home and fed the cat. Now here I am online.
__________________
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller
Miss-Delectable is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #324 (permalink)
Farting Snowflakes
 
Dixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 13,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss-Delectable View Post
Wrong....... methinks that's cold.... as in....

No way I'd hit the Northern Hemisphere during their winter.


Anyway, all I did today was go to work then came home and fed the cat. Now here I am online.
But is it not like going to South Australia during July? It is the same only you go southward to move away from the equator to get colder temps.
__________________
The world is measured in peasants; smaller than a unicorn but, bigger than a tidbit!
Dixie is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #325 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Miss-Delectable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 17,174
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
But is it not like going to South Australia during July? It is the same only you go southward to move away from the equator to get colder temps.
Actually, our winter is quite mild compared to Europe or US.
__________________
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller
Miss-Delectable is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #326 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Grummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 13,390
been moving stuff around for the third time, so its finally i have an office in one of the room...which is going to make a difference for everything from home management to study
__________________
Grummer is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 04:14 AM   #327 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Grummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 13,390
Played bowling (with 3 others and i won?! wtf, its a fluke lol) on the wii for the first time, its ok , but i wouldnt buy one.
__________________
Grummer is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #328 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,319
Blog Entries: 1
I spent all day online...again!! need to get into alldeaf again.
__________________
lissa, 24, profound bilateral sensorineural hearing loss.

Nucleus 5 in my left ear, Implanted October 2000, activated November 2000.
Oticon Spirit Zest C SP in my right ear
Lissa is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #329 (permalink)
Emotional Mess
 
KristinaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Land of the backstroke
Posts: 14,448
Well - we now have 2 cats. Sammy, a neutered male, is 3 as of 11/3. He is black with white markings and just under 15 pounds. Tinkerbell, a spayed female is 4 as of 3/8. She is back and grey tiger striped and 12 1/2 pounds. They have recently gotten all of their shots and vaccinations updated. Sammy is microchipped, Tinker is not. They have been here for about 1 hour. Tinker is hiding in the litter box and Sammy is under our bed.
KristinaB is offline  
Unread 01-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #330 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by posts from hell View Post
16? warm.
On some days, that certainly does feel that way
AlleyCat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.