AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > General Chat
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
Your responses are not convincing. However, it's best if i let you do your educating your truth. Let me do my educating the truth. I strongly disagree with you over couple points. We are pretty obviously opposite. I don't agree on most things in your responses and this is getting ugly. It looks like we are not going anywhere from our posts. Thought you'd be interested to listen (read) someone's POV however your responses indicated that you are criticizing some people to have that kind of POV. Your words expressed bashing people for their choices to be Tree huggers, Green activists, and other activism groups saving Mother Earth. Your posts are making us like the little yellow chickens, Little Chicken screaming, "The Sky is falling." Adults tell us to stop playing the imagination games. I am saying that because we were there and felt the impact before the world sees the sky is falling. Thank you for making us feeling like one

We are not here to prove to each other. Someone provided a question in this thread, we gave responses, however now, your responses are bashing me somewhat hostile and shoving your words as THE ONLY ONE TRUTH into my throat. I don't buy your responses. Who taught you that it is the only one way and one truth. Our postings are becoming like religions over truth, Christians vs. Muslims (or Atheists) Christians go out bashing people for not agreeing their truth. Your posts made this sounding like that. You bashed me for loving Al Gore. Thank you very much.

Again, your responses made my points strongly based on people's attitudes toward global warming. I think your kind (people) is only telling the half-truth, vice versa.

By the way, I shared this thread of all postings and responses to my friends who are green activists. They chuckled and they thought its funny. They commented on your comments like lobbyist telling the Congress, it's nothing going on with global warming, telling the Congress to disregard those reports made by those crazy scientists, just like Al Gore.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 10-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 8,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Your responses are not convincing. However, it's best if i let you do your educating your truth. Let me do my educating the truth. I strongly disagree with you over couple points. We are pretty obviously opposite. I don't agree on most things in your responses and this is getting ugly. It looks like we are not going anywhere from our posts. Thought you'd be interested to listen (read) someone's POV however your responses indicated that you are criticizing some people to have that kind of POV. Your words expressed bashing people for their choices to be Tree huggers, Green activists, and other activism groups saving Mother Earth. Your posts are making us like the little yellow chickens, Little Chicken screaming, "The Sky is falling." Adults tell us to stop playing the imagination games. I am saying that because we were there and felt the impact before the world sees the sky is falling. Thank you for making us feeling like one

We are not here to prove to each other. Someone provided a question in this thread, we gave responses, however now, your responses are bashing me somewhat hostile and shoving your words as THE ONLY ONE TRUTH into my throat. I don't buy your responses. Who taught you that it is the only one way and one truth. Our postings are becoming like religions over truth, Christians vs. Muslims (or Atheists) Christians go out bashing people for not agreeing their truth. Your posts made this sounding like that. You bashed me for loving Al Gore. Thank you very much.

Again, your responses made my points strongly based on people's attitudes toward global warming. I think your kind (people) is only telling the half-truth, vice versa.

By the way, I shared this thread of all postings and responses to my friends who are green activists. They chuckled and they thought its funny. They commented on your comments like lobbyist telling the Congress, it's nothing going on with global warming, telling the Congress to disregard those reports made by those crazy scientists, just like Al Gore.
I don't think he is bashing you. He has shown his sources and shared his different POV.

Your arguments are good and convincing, however, if you include links to back up your cliam--it makes it more credible.

Now there is nothing wrong with showing/sharing different POV in regards to this debate.

Time to throw more wood in the woodburning stove.....
Byrdie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered User
 
PowerON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 37.5, 126.9
Posts: 10,809
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via AIM to PowerON Send a message via Yahoo to PowerON Send a message via Skype™ to PowerON
Care to explain why it's freeze here in Texas during late August? That's so unlike!
__________________
• [Illustrator.Blog-alloon.com] •
Don't shoot me! I'm only blogger!
PowerON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Golden Coast
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerON View Post
Care to explain why it's freeze here in Texas during late August? That's so unlike!
Fat people taking all the heat. Damn sucks to be you.
imdeafsowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #65 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
KarissaMann05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 6,737
Send a message via AIM to KarissaMann05 Send a message via MSN to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Yahoo to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Skype™ to KarissaMann05
Very intersting thread here. Hmm.
__________________

(Clickable Stamp)

Vampire is so overrated!
Let's swim with merfolks for some fun!

Psst, I do love cougars. *runs away*
KarissaMann05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #66 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Your responses are not convincing. However, it's best if i let you do your educating your truth. Let me do my educating the truth. I strongly disagree with you over couple points. We are pretty obviously opposite. I don't agree on most things in your responses and this is getting ugly. It looks like we are not going anywhere from our posts. Thought you'd be interested to listen (read) someone's POV however your responses indicated that you are criticizing some people to have that kind of POV. Your words expressed bashing people for their choices to be Tree huggers, Green activists, and other activism groups saving Mother Earth. Your posts are making us like the little yellow chickens, Little Chicken screaming, "The Sky is falling." Adults tell us to stop playing the imagination games. I am saying that because we were there and felt the impact before the world sees the sky is falling. Thank you for making us feeling like one

We are not here to prove to each other. Someone provided a question in this thread, we gave responses, however now, your responses are bashing me somewhat hostile and shoving your words as THE ONLY ONE TRUTH into my throat. I don't buy your responses. Who taught you that it is the only one way and one truth. Our postings are becoming like religions over truth, Christians vs. Muslims (or Atheists) Christians go out bashing people for not agreeing their truth. Your posts made this sounding like that. You bashed me for loving Al Gore. Thank you very much.

Again, your responses made my points strongly based on people's attitudes toward global warming. I think your kind (people) is only telling the half-truth, vice versa.

By the way, I shared this thread of all postings and responses to my friends who are green activists. They chuckled and they thought its funny. They commented on your comments like lobbyist telling the Congress, it's nothing going on with global warming, telling the Congress to disregard those reports made by those crazy scientists, just like Al Gore.
I have to ask - what are your green activists and your background in Earth subject? Do you and your green activists have any scientific/educational background in it? If you didn't and you accepted their (such as Al Gore) argument... well you just basically got "brain-washed" by their propaganda.

Lack of Knowledge + Convincing Persuasion = ..... you figure it out

I simply explained the whole thing in scientific sense. I did NOT deny the existence of global warming. I did NOT deny that men MAY have contributed to it. What I do NOT accept and believe is the DIRECT LINK/CAUSE of global warming to men's activity AS CLAIMED by non-experts (media, Al Gore, etc.). Even Dr. Claude Lorius (the one you posted) did not SPECIFIED the direct link at all.

You have not shown me any single source by SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY or STUDY that CLAIMED the direct cause of global warming by men's activity.

Just a friendly advice - resorting to angry post like what you wrote usually means you do not have any basic foundation in Earth history and science. I was hoping for a good healthy debate because you sound like you know some of this stuff but I'm sad to see that you had resorted to this...

Global Warming - such a hot topic! (no pun intended) what is causing it? hhmmm.... That's the hot question. and that is the question that not ONE reputable scientist can't say with certainty that men is the direct cause of global warming.

btw - this is nothing similar as religion debate. This is scientific discussion backed by data, records, experts, etc. Religion is a whole different world. Religion is not a science. Point is - you and I have a different understanding on SAME material but I am concerned on how you educate yourself on this... because it sounds like you've been learning this from NON-experts. If you like - walk to any college campus and go to geography department to ask ph.d professor a simple question - "would you say the global warming is caused by men?"
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
I'd like to thank you to couple persons who advised me to include links on what I learned about Global Warming and Climate Changes. I decide to bomb the links to support my arguments in the recent postings and comments. Here comes.

Climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This link leads you to Global Warming/Climate Changes - this site has numerous of references and more links to the different topics that are associated with Climate Changes.

Global Warming: Early Warning Signs This link supports my points on both warm air/water temperatures and Land/Sea animals migration. Intergovernmental Panel on Climates Change (IPCC) and agencies are working on this research. They have their computer/data technology, equipments, indicators, and so on. These scientists are trained to record everything, recognize everything, take samples to the labs for more further researches.

Climate Change - What you can do about climate change and global warming: Facts about climate change This one is a great resource, Fast Facts on Climates Change. I cut and paste some facts from this link -- FACT: The United States contains only 5 percent of the world's population, but contributes 22 percent of the world's carbon emissions. FACT: Climate change is linked to stronger hurricanes, more drought and increased coral deaths from bleaching. Here is the link from my bookmarks regarding Great Barrier Reef by Austrailia, Great Barrier Reef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (scroll down to the environmental threat section).

Forests | Climate Change - Health and Environmental Effects | U.S. EPA This is regarding the forests, wildfire (It's the common sense, more droughts, dying forests, lightning strikes, Viola, there is wildfire. If the climate change is not affected, forests will remain moisturized with plenty of rain. Pests are bringing diseases and trees are ending up infested. Pests survive in the warm climates and they rarely migrate north, thus warm air changed in north. Pests migrate north. This has similar to Africanized Killer Bees migrating into United States years ago, thanks to Climate changes.

Allow me connecting the wild fire to southern California. The climate change is affected because of lack of moisture. More droughts in the area. Once the lightning strike, the lands were scorched and homes were burned down. It's possible to see wild fires in the southeastern part of the US due to drought seasons. South of New Mexico and Texas can be next victims. Pray that the lightning or a natural don't cause a fire.

Royal Horticultural Society - Climate Change and Forests That's where I learned long time ago about Infested forests linked to climate changes.

Greenhouse gas is GOOD for us because the temperatures are maintained and pretty fairly controllable, all resources are easily managed, rainforest/lands-rich with trees are so abundant in the nations in the past... however once greenhouse gas is "messed up," then, the climate changes is affected and we are affected by this. For instance, excess of greenhouse gas is the result of CO2 buildups. The temperatures are increasing. The fact is that Greenhouse effect is abundance of water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, ozone, CFCs. In the past, it was easily managed as I said. Once, it is "messed up" due to human activity. Since the written records on greenhouse effect in 1750's, the human activity has increased the concentration of carbon dioxide and of some other greenhouse gases. Burning of fossil fuels and deforestation leading to higher carbon dioxide concentrations. I wish I can go on... You guys can GOOGLE more on this Greenhouse Gas and Greenhouse Effects.

Now, Tornadoes, flooding and hurricanes. Brooklyn, New York is the first in the history to have minor tornado. It surely shook up the whole New Jersey, New York City and Connecticut. Anyway, here is the link to my point of increasing tornadoes: Tornadoes and Climate Change. Flooding and Droughts will be expected to hit in the Midwest (US National Assessment of Climate Change.* Overview: Midwest). This is similar to southeastern states that are already affected.

To my response to nuclear plant accidents: Nuclear and Chemical Accidents — Infoplease.com. This information is new to me, Japan and United States are tied. 3-3. However I have one in my bookmark: U.S. Nuclear Accidents. (Scroll down to Power Plants section, Processing, Storage, Shipping and Disposal section, ignore other sections, it has to do with military.)

To my responses to energy resources in the nations. Who is leading and developing the Energy Sources. US is still behind, much to catch up. Japan: Japanese Company Leads World in Solar Power Production – WIN Advisory Group, so is the Germany: Germany Leads the World in Solar Power | etbe - Russell Coker. England is leading in Wind Power: Britain leads the world on wind power - Green Living, Environment - The Independent. England is catching up on a fast pace. China is leading in renewable sources: China leads the world in renewable energy. « Green Icebergs - a look at the world from a different perspective and A report by The Climate Group claims China is the leading producer of renewable energy | Environment | guardian.co.uk. I did state that European nations are way ahead of us -- Let me clear this one -- quoted from World energy resources and consumption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Denmark and Germany have started to make investments in solar energy, despite their unfavorable geographic locations. Germany is now the largest consumer of photovoltaic cells in the world. Denmark and Germany have installed 3 GW and 17 GW of wind power respectively. In 2005, wind generated 18.5% of all the electricity in Denmark. Switzerland is planning to cut its energy consumption by more than half to become a 2000-watt society by 2050 and the United Kingdom is working towards a zero energy building standard for all new housing by 2016. In 2005, the Swedish government announced the oil phase-out in Sweden with the intention to become the first country to break its dependence on fossil fuel by 2020." Where is the United State and the plan? (That's my argument.)

To my shock, its new discovery for me today -- The US consumes 25% of the world's energy (with a share of global productivity at 22% and a share of the world population at 5%). OMG, Wow... We are PIGS!!

Anyway, For more information, even anyone wants to study on Climate Changes. I put links here... below.
1) USGS Global Change Science: Welcome
2) National Center for Environmental Health: Climate Change and Public Health - Policy | CDC
3) IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
4) US Climate Change Science Program
5) Climate Change | U.S. EPA
6) NASA GISS: NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
7) NCDC: Global Climate Change
8) USGS: Science Topics: climate change
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 8,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
I'd like to thank you to couple persons who advised me to include links on what I learned about Global Warming and Climate Changes. I decide to bomb the links to support my arguments in the recent postings and comments. Here comes.

Climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This link leads you to Global Warming/Climate Changes - this site has numerous of references and more links to the different topics that are associated with Climate Changes.

Global Warming: Early Warning Signs This link supports my points on both warm air/water temperatures and Land/Sea animals migration. Intergovernmental Panel on Climates Change (IPCC) and agencies are working on this research. They have their computer/data technology, equipments, indicators, and so on. These scientists are trained to record everything, recognize everything, take samples to the labs for more further researches.

Climate Change - What you can do about climate change and global warming: Facts about climate change This one is a great resource, Fast Facts on Climates Change. I cut and paste some facts from this link -- FACT: The United States contains only 5 percent of the world's population, but contributes 22 percent of the world's carbon emissions. FACT: Climate change is linked to stronger hurricanes, more drought and increased coral deaths from bleaching. Here is the link from my bookmarks regarding Great Barrier Reef by Austrailia, Great Barrier Reef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (scroll down to the environmental threat section).

Forests | Climate Change - Health and Environmental Effects | U.S. EPA This is regarding the forests, wildfire (It's the common sense, more droughts, dying forests, lightning strikes, Viola, there is wildfire. If the climate change is not affected, forests will remain moisturized with plenty of rain. Pests are bringing diseases and trees are ending up infested. Pests survive in the warm climates and they rarely migrate north, thus warm air changed in north. Pests migrate north. This has similar to Africanized Killer Bees migrating into United States years ago, thanks to Climate changes.

Allow me connecting the wild fire to southern California. The climate change is affected because of lack of moisture. More droughts in the area. Once the lightning strike, the lands were scorched and homes were burned down. It's possible to see wild fires in the southeastern part of the US due to drought seasons. South of New Mexico and Texas can be next victims. Pray that the lightning or a natural don't cause a fire.

Royal Horticultural Society - Climate Change and Forests That's where I learned long time ago about Infested forests linked to climate changes.

Greenhouse gas is GOOD for us because the temperatures are maintained and pretty fairly controllable, all resources are easily managed, rainforest/lands-rich with trees are so abundant in the nations in the past... however once greenhouse gas is "messed up," then, the climate changes is affected and we are affected by this. For instance, excess of greenhouse gas is the result of CO2 buildups. The temperatures are increasing. The fact is that Greenhouse effect is abundance of water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, ozone, CFCs. In the past, it was easily managed as I said. Once, it is "messed up" due to human activity. Since the written records on greenhouse effect in 1750's, the human activity has increased the concentration of carbon dioxide and of some other greenhouse gases. Burning of fossil fuels and deforestation leading to higher carbon dioxide concentrations. I wish I can go on... You guys can GOOGLE more on this Greenhouse Gas and Greenhouse Effects.

Now, Tornadoes, flooding and hurricanes. Brooklyn, New York is the first in the history to have minor tornado. It surely shook up the whole New Jersey, New York City and Connecticut. Anyway, here is the link to my point of increasing tornadoes: Tornadoes and Climate Change. Flooding and Droughts will be expected to hit in the Midwest (US National Assessment of Climate Change.* Overview: Midwest). This is similar to southeastern states that are already affected.

To my response to nuclear plant accidents: Nuclear and Chemical Accidents — Infoplease.com. This information is new to me, Japan and United States are tied. 3-3. However I have one in my bookmark: U.S. Nuclear Accidents. (Scroll down to Power Plants section, Processing, Storage, Shipping and Disposal section, ignore other sections, it has to do with military.)

To my responses to energy resources in the nations. Who is leading and developing the Energy Sources. US is still behind, much to catch up. Japan: Japanese Company Leads World in Solar Power Production – WIN Advisory Group, so is the Germany: Germany Leads the World in Solar Power | etbe - Russell Coker. England is leading in Wind Power: Britain leads the world on wind power - Green Living, Environment - The Independent. England is catching up on a fast pace. China is leading in renewable sources: China leads the world in renewable energy. « Green Icebergs - a look at the world from a different perspective and A report by The Climate Group claims China is the leading producer of renewable energy | Environment | guardian.co.uk. I did state that European nations are way ahead of us -- Let me clear this one -- quoted from World energy resources and consumption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Denmark and Germany have started to make investments in solar energy, despite their unfavorable geographic locations. Germany is now the largest consumer of photovoltaic cells in the world. Denmark and Germany have installed 3 GW and 17 GW of wind power respectively. In 2005, wind generated 18.5% of all the electricity in Denmark. Switzerland is planning to cut its energy consumption by more than half to become a 2000-watt society by 2050 and the United Kingdom is working towards a zero energy building standard for all new housing by 2016. In 2005, the Swedish government announced the oil phase-out in Sweden with the intention to become the first country to break its dependence on fossil fuel by 2020." Where is the United State and the plan? (That's my argument.)

To my shock, its new discovery for me today -- The US consumes 25% of the world's energy (with a share of global productivity at 22% and a share of the world population at 5%). OMG, Wow... We are PIGS!!

Anyway, For more information, even anyone wants to study on Climate Changes. I put links here... below.
1) USGS Global Change Science: Welcome
2) National Center for Environmental Health: Climate Change and Public Health - Policy | CDC
3) IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
4) US Climate Change Science Program
5) Climate Change | U.S. EPA
6) NASA GISS: NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
7) NCDC: Global Climate Change
8) USGS: Science Topics: climate change
Good job!

Jiro....your turn.
Byrdie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie714 View Post
Good job!

Jiro....your turn.
<stretching, cracking my knuckles/neck> Let's see.......
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
I'd like to address the education and science. I recalled my claims on hundreds of Scientists possessing degrees and Lack of Education in our nation. Currently, the education in the United States hasn't met the expectation. Numbers are at large in other nations who received Nobel Peace Prizes and Pulitzer Prizes annually, especially into Science, Medicine and Humanity. (GOOGLE those Prizes to see how many US recipients of both the Prizes.) What is wrong with this picture?!?

I did mention the lack of environmental education programs, such as distributing the Green Living programs, Recycling programs, etc to promote their understandings on environmental impacts, habits and lifestyle, and the affect of Climate Changes. They usually turn to the government officers to tell them what to think. Naturally, the officers assure all of us not to worry, go around our business without realizing how much we contribute CO2, spend so much electricity that produced from coals and oils, and even pollute our nation. (I just realized why I have some anger issues toward lack of education programs in the school... I should channel my anger toward to educators who make decisions what to bring to students in the classrooms, my apology. The reason is this link to: Grandfather School Choice and Voucher Report - MWHodges)

US Education (high school education) is way behind from the top... Average/Ranking 29th. College Report shows some unusual drop rates (Grandfather College Education Report - by MWHodges) You may see why the education in nations are ahead of us. This leads me to believe that they are doing well with reading, math, especially science. Students have less and less difficulty of grasping the sciences and they have brilliant minds contributing new ideas to develop new concepts of renewable, sustainability, solar/wind resources and alternative energy resources. They are way ahead of us, especially Japanese and Germans. British and French are catching up.

Here is the link that I mentioned above -- why I stated the lack of education. Grandfather International Math & Science Test Report - MWHodges shows the numbers of students in high school grades that took exams in reading, math and science. You can check the comparison on Foreign Education, International Higher Education by scrolling down to the Undergradute and Graduate degrees -- Grandfather International Education Reform Report - by MWHodges. To my surprise, China produced 4 times more BS engineering degrees than the U.S., and Japan twice as many.

Have you noticed the fastest growth of cities in other nations, especially in Dubai. They are getting better somehow. Indeed, they are aware of impacts on animals in their lands. Zoologists, biologists and other animal-related agencies are taking care of the changes upon animals in those development areas. European nations are leading into Alternative Energy Revolution. They have excellent example of renewable energy resources, even better educational programs in their schools and surroundings. They are developing better plans and making better decisions than ever.

Links to every reference (Links) Grandfather Economic Report - Links Page - MWHodges
Summary of 5 Core threats: Grandfather Economic Report Summary by MWHodges I'd suggest to begin this summary before reading and soak into a large swimming pool of information.

Note: This probably has nothing to do with the global warming, however the lack of education can bring great risks to National Security (it stated in the reports) and of course, bring risks to Climate Changes. This report with all links are really overwhelming, we could drown ourselves in the swimming pool of information and reports. This report took me a month to keep up with readings, trying to connecting the dots between reports and other reports. even I googled reports with other websites to compare the reports. Don't judge the reports hastily, Google everything you can to learn, the more you learn, you may grasp the connection between everything mentioned above. Whew!
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 8,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Have you noticed the fastest growth of cities in other nations, especially in Dubai. They are getting better somehow. Indeed, they are aware of impacts on animals in their lands. Zoologists, biologists and other animal-related agencies are taking care of the changes upon animals in those development areas. European nations are leading into Alternative Energy Revolution. They have excellent example of renewable energy resources, even better educational programs in their schools and surroundings. They are developing better plans and making better decisions than ever.
If Dubai is doing a good job in terms of environment and such---why are they building out onto the water??

That is being detrimental to the environment isn't?
Byrdie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #72 (permalink)
Expelled
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 11,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie714 View Post
If Dubai is doing a good job in terms of environment and such---why are they building out onto the water??

That is being detrimental to the environment isn't?
At the rate they are building everything in Dubai, there will be nothing left to build in not too long from now.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie714 View Post
If Dubai is doing a good job in terms of environment and such---why are they building out onto the water??

That is being detrimental to the environment isn't?
Yes, no question!! It's environmental detrimental in Dubai, that's why I exactly said, "... especially in Dubai. They are getting better somehow. Indeed, they are aware of impacts on animals in their lands." Getting better implies becoming green, altering their energy resources because Dubai has to comply with Environmental Policy after Dubai joined up with World Trade Organization (WTO) about ten years ago (1995). WTO has strict Environmental Policy, therefore Dubai is committed to improve the energy resources, restore sea life after settling down the artifical islands and take care of the environmental surroundings. Khaleej Times Online - Dubai set to go green says it all. Also, another website says Dubai goes Green. (Dubai to turn green in 2008 UAE - The Official Web Site - News). Dubai buildings are already designed with solar power , tidal power and wind power.

They already have restoration plan after they settle down with new artifical islands according to this site: Dubai's artificial islands have high environmental cost and WSP Environment and Energy - Dubai, United Arab Emirates. They will build artifical sea beds to bring marine life, fish, sea animals back. From what I understood and how they described their vision how they create wildlife and marine life, and they bring the life back to the areas. (UAE - The Official Web Site - News). I assumed they'd make a world's biggest aquarium around their artifical islands, just like this one, (World's largest aquarium to enchant visitors at The Dubai Mall | Emaar Properties). They may design a wildlife reserves for the animals outside Dubai, too. Another biggest world's biggest stuffs for instance, Dhs205 million Dubai Marine World to be set up in Creek Park | Dubai Municipality, and there is a list of new themed parks coming up: Theme Parks Dubai. The more parks, the more green Dubai becomes - it'd attract land animals to reside among people in the city. That's their goals to restore.

Of course, Dubai has desires to accomplish the vision of "futuristic" city. That's why Dubai dares to reach the biggest dreams to be a great "futuristic" city and they took their guts to do it. And, they made it, they cleaned up the mess, restored most things, kept their maintenance. They really show their commitment to keep Dubai "Green." I bet that it is not an easy task. They just did!

It's the example that I can use Dubai as their development from destruction to rebirth of life. Dubai is proud of this practice -- Joslyn Castle Institute | Dubai Awards - Dubai Awards. One city in a nation can take the reforms, other would follow by the examples.

Last edited by Endy; 10-24-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BradB08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
At the rate they are building everything in Dubai, there will be nothing left to build in not too long from now.
They're getting the place ready for Halliburton and Trigger-Happy Cheney.
BradB08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB08 View Post
They're getting the place ready for Halliburton and Trigger-Happy Cheney.
Hee, it's too late to report. Recently, Halliburton alreadly has a headquarter in Dubai. They have numerous of offices worldwide. You guys can look into their records, timelines, and tracks on Halliburton via Wikipedia. Halliburton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia has excellent references to track down on every move that Halliburton makes. Just a thought to share this information.

However, Rest assured that Dubai has to comply with Environmental Policy under World Trade Organization. This means Halliburton and other foreign companies in Dubai have to comply with Dubai's city laws, policies and regulations, even UAE's business laws. Dubai is currently getting a good reputation to have world trading businesses in the city, Dubai wants to value the business relationships with other countries. That makes sense, it sounds like Dubai is becoming the world's biggest city, that could put New York City and Hong Kong in the second and third places.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BradB08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Hee, it's too late to report. Recently, Halliburton alreadly has a headquarter in Dubai. They have numerous of offices worldwide. You guys can look into their records, timelines, and tracks on Halliburton via Wikipedia. Halliburton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia has excellent references to track down on every move that Halliburton makes. Just a thought to share this information.

However, Rest assured that Dubai has to comply with Environmental Policy under World Trade Organization. This means Halliburton and other foreign companies in Dubai have to comply with Dubai's city laws, policies and regulations, even UAE's business laws. Dubai is currently getting a good reputation to have world trading businesses in the city, Dubai wants to value the business relationships with other countries. That makes sense, it sounds like Dubai is becoming the world's biggest city, that could put New York City and Hong Kong in the second and third places.
Do you know WHY they're re-locating to Dubai?

Hint, hint: Martial Law and Pole-Shift Theory. Just look at definitions for either.

When shit hits the fan, do you want to be anywhere near the mainland United States?

Just think about it before you start ripping people for what you perceive to be a non-belief in global warming. I too, was once like you. I still like and respect Al Gore but I have moved on in regards to what I believe regarding the climate, etc.
BradB08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
World Trade Organization

By the way, someone asked me what is the World Trade Organization? Here is the link to Wikipedia. World Trade Organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. World Trade Organization's Headquarter is in Geneva, Switzerland. (No, it is not part of the United Nations. It's a separate organization, this organization is focused on relationships between nations conducting the businesses in healthy and peaceful way.)

I am sure that you are famailar with HIGHEST protest activites against WTO such as well-known riots in Seattle in 1999. That's where the World Trade Organization conference and protectors took in the place to protest against WTO.

Fine examples of WTO protests I can think of:
1) WTO-- The Battle for Seattle 1999 (Google "WTO riots"
2) Cancun, Mexico 2003 WTO protests 2003

The reasons were that those anit-WTO protestors didn't want their own country becoming a globalization doing businesses with other nations. I admit that I am not really into this subject, because I don't know their real stories on their sides or not familiar about what is the big deal. I am not expertise in this globalization issue. So far, I am focused on global warming, climate changes, and enivornment issues right now, not globalization issues.

If you want me to, we have to make a new thread for this. I'd be glad to look into this new thread and discover some information what it is all about.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB08 View Post
Do you know WHY they're re-locating to Dubai?

Hint, hint: Martial Law and Pole-Shift Theory. Just look at definitions for either.

When shit hits the fan, do you want to be anywhere near the mainland United States?

Just think about it before you start ripping people for what you perceive to be a non-belief in global warming. I too, was once like you. I still like and respect Al Gore but I have moved on in regards to what I believe regarding the climate, etc.
What is the shit that hits the fan, and when? Dubai is sitting on the shore line facing Persian Gulf where they created artifical islands. Also, Dubai is around the corner, beyond Oman to the Gulf of Oman/Arabic Sea.

They are not "relocating" to Dubai. They created new "2nd" headquarter to focus on the Eastern Hemisphere. The first headquarter is staying in Houston, Texas to cover the Western Hemisphere. First headquarter has to be in US according to United States laws. That caused CEO to create new another HQ.

I agreed with Byrdie and Jiro to connect the dots on my claims by providing links to support my claims. I gave Jiro what I know and learned. So, I did to help Jiro to understand my POV. Now, I am interested in your claims on what shit gonna hit the fan.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:40 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BradB08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,701
You don't have to post the WTO stuff. I was just barely out of high school when the WTO protests happened (otherwise known as N30 for November 30, 1999). I'm familiar with them. They were the catalyst that caused me to pursue left-wing politics.

As for Dubai, you seem a little naive. Dubai is an island home to plenty of people with money and connections. There are also Americans who live there to avoid paying taxes. Halliburton is permanently locating to Dubai. There's no "second headquarters" like you said.
BradB08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
2nd HQ to cover Eastern Hemisphere -- Link to this:
Halliburton News

The first HQ stays in US -- Will be subjected to US Laws, regulation and taxation. Link to this: Halliburton to Move Headquarters to Dubai : NPR

CEO David Lesar made his statement clear and the Two HQs are mentioned in the first paragraph of this link: Halliburton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If any contradictory, send me the links for me to look into. Thank you.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BradB08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,701
We'll see what happens in the long run.

Regardless, who cares about Halliburton? The Earth itself is far more important.
BradB08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
Good Idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB08 View Post
We'll see what happens in the long run.

Regardless, who cares about Halliburton? The Earth itself is far more important.
Good Deal! I second!
I am totally with you!
Have a good one.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #83 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Good Deal! I second!
I am totally with you!
Have a good one.
I am still typing up the rebuttal. I fell asleep earlier. I was just dead tired
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 239
Hee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
I am still typing up the rebuttal. I fell asleep earlier. I was just dead tired
I suggest to delete your rebuttal, take a nice break and go directly to your home-sweet-home bed. Enjoy your dreamland.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:04 AM   #85 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
I suggest to delete your rebuttal, take a nice break and go directly to your home-sweet-home bed. Enjoy your dreamland.
i already enjoyed my dreamland.
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:09 AM   #86 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
My rebuttal to Endy's post -

My responses to each of your links...
1. Sorry I don't do wikipedia. I'm going to ignore it. No hard feeling

2. Global Warming: Early Warning Signs: all it does is recorded the data, identified the impacts in certain locations, and proved that there is a climate changes... which is an increased temperature. It DID NOT say that it is directly caused by men. White House aka Bush Administration DENIED the existence of Global Warming. Not me. I DENIED the so-called finding that global warming is caused by men. Big difference.

3. Climate Change - What you can do about climate change and global warming: Facts about climate change: This is from its site -
Quote:
The Facts About Climate Change

* FACT: Average global temperatures increased by about 1 degree Fahrenheit over the 20th century.
* FACT: The United States contains only 5 percent of the world’s population, but contributes 22 percent of the world’s carbon emissions.
* FACT: Between 20 and 25 percent of carbon emissions come from deforestation and land use change.
* FACT: The Golden Toad (Bufo periglenes) is thought to be the first species to go extinct because of climate change.
* FACT: Personal cars and trucks in the United States emit 20 percent of the United States' carbon emissions.
* FACT: Air conditioning and heating account for almost half of electricity use in the average American home.
* FACT: Climate change is linked to stronger hurricanes, more drought and increased coral deaths from bleaching.
* FACT: Climate change is linked to an increase in disease-carrying pests that lead to the increased spread of diseases such as dengue fever, malaria, lyme disease and West Nile virus.
hey.... where's the FACT that global warming is caused by men? I have searched its site and found NOTHING that proves your argument that global warming is caused by men.

4. Forests | Climate Change - Health and Environmental Effects | U.S. EPA: I read it ahd it's same as above links... it's all talk of climate changes. No direct or official statement of linking global warming to men.

5. Royal Horticultural Society - Climate Change and Forests: Same as #4.

6. Yes greenhouse gas is good for us. Warmth is one of the key factors to sustainable eco-systems (scientists call this "biosphere"). And no our greenhouse gas is not messed up. As said in all of links above - once in a while... there is an influx or change in system which is normal because Earth is a living thing. Nothing is fixed/static/unchanging. All these changes which may look scary to you is called ADAPTATION (as said in the links you provided). The Earth is constantly correcting and adapting itself as a direct response to any change in biospheres. While El Nino was a devastating hurricane that wrecked everything and displaced animals from its natural habitat... it also created a new life for new species on something that were normally LIFELESS.

Yes you can google all the stuff you want but it's important to be EDUCATED and WELL-INFORMED about it.. and it's usually a lot better if you learn it from academically-accredited university. RARELY there are some people who self-taught themselves to that same level. Why must be educated from university? because there are experts everywhere and they're more than willing to share their experience and expertise to you. They have tons of resource for you to experience it yourself and to understand it from scientific point of view. These links which you provided are not usually meant to be understood by average people which is why they created a very SELECTIVE information and guide for average people to understand and to have a hope in Earth. Internet is also for research purpose. Educated researcher use internet to research and to find data from reputable sites to write thesis paper. However... that very same information can easily misinterpreted and misunderstood and worse of all - misused. I understand completely what you're saying and I do sympathize with the tree-hugger's agenda. There are evil corporations out there, hiding from government and abusing the environment with illegal dumping (aka superfunded sites). You've said some right things but it's a truth with holes. So I helped explained it in details to help create a full truth because Earth and the eco-system relationships are not easy to understand. It is full of paradoxes and tricky theories. I'm just helping you understand it at scientific viewpoint.

You said in Post #5 - Humans cause Global Warming. That is what I'm having trouble understanding it. I have not seen any WELL-FOUNDED studies, researches, and facts that said so. All you have given me are some links that proved climate change IS happening. Basically - what you saying is same as - "it's going to rain tomorrow"..... as if we humans can cause that. Yes we can easily affect our immediate surrounding (or called "micro-climate") but global warming? on EARTH-scale? men affects EARTH? are we God? really? we tiny little yellow chickens can affect Earth on that scale? Shocking! Well in that case....

Why is it that LA and Mexico City are very smoggy but not anywhere else? That's why it's called MICRO-CLIMATE. We affect our LOCALIZED climate, not GLOBAL climate. In a city where we have traffic jam everyday... as the result - that created smog on top of city... not Earth. Luckily - we live in wind path. Our wind moves in Easterly direction... meaning - the wind blows from west to east... which is why we did not sign Kyoto Treaty. What's the point of spending BILLIONS in being green-friendly when other country's (China) pollution come to USA? That pretty much defeated the purpose of Kyoto Treaty on our part. Their dust storm and smog frequently come to USA. China and India NEED to focus on improving their environment, not USA. Our pollutions rarely get transported to foreign nation... not as bad as China.

As my professor said - this is simply a transformation of global environment (the phase that Earth is going thru to correct and adapt in response to accommodating the biosphere)
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #87 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
Endy... your posts about haliborton, WTO, Dubai.... they are I'm ignoring over it.
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:20 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BradB08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,701
While you two enjoy your little game, allow me to point out that no matter what we call it or whoever/whatever caused it, it's important that people recognize that something is happening.

It's called awareness and we all need to increase our awareness of the world. We all are too focused on trivial issues/divisions and we don't see the greater forces at work.

We need to be open to the possibility of shit totally hitting the fan. I'm talking about catastrophic economic collapse, global and local. I'm talking about martial law and the control of people. I'm talking about the de-valuation of the dollar and the introduction of a one world currency.

You don't have to believe in any of that. You simply need to consider it and add it onto what you have already read. By having different theories/thoughts, you can sift through them and come to your own conclusions.

Me? I'd rather spend my days hiking through a forest and collecting ecological data. That is what I do for one of my courses and it is a far cry from writing code for websites, which I used to do. That my friend, is a sea change in perception.
BradB08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #89 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB08 View Post
While you two enjoy your little game, allow me to point out that no matter what we call it or whoever/whatever caused it, it's important that people recognize that something is happening.

It's called awareness and we all need to increase our awareness of the world. We all are too focused on trivial issues/divisions and we don't see the greater forces at work.

We need to be open to the possibility of shit totally hitting the fan. I'm talking about catastrophic economic collapse, global and local. I'm talking about martial law and the control of people. I'm talking about the de-valuation of the dollar and the introduction of a one world currency.

You don't have to believe in any of that. You simply need to consider it and add it onto what you have already read. By having different theories/thoughts, you can sift through them and come to your own conclusions.

Me? I'd rather spend my days hiking through a forest and collecting ecological data. That is what I do for one of my courses and it is a far cry from writing code for websites, which I used to do. That my friend, is a sea change in perception.
yes that's the difference. Awareness and Actual Cause. Al Gore and all these people are making the world be AWARE of this dooming situation (something that Bush Administration denied). It's just that NONE of scientists/scientific communities have said the ACTUAL CAUSE of this problem is caused by men. That's what i'm trying to say.

We should be concerned with our own surroundings because it is more realistic and practical that way. but this is hard... because human population is growing and so are animal population. Altogether - it puts a strain on Earth's resource and biospheres to keep replenishing.

I don't know why Endy is blaming USA for this. Just look at China, India, Africa, and bunch other poor countries. They're dumping craps and everything into rivers and nature as they have no centralized disposal system. We have a controlled, regulated disposal system called Landfills and we have a controlled, regulated sewer system. That's why you don't hear of plague in here like West Nile Virus, Bubonic Plague, etc. Compared to other world - we hold it to a relatively high standard. quite simply - we only ask Americans to consume less resource. that is all. At least we still have our famous American Frontier.. most of other well-developed worlds don't. They're long gone.

If you want to make it better - better start human/animal culling
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:31 AM   #90 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 66,951
USA as oil consumer is 21% of world's oil. 2nd is China at 6.5%. I don't see what's so shocking about it (beside the huge difference between #1 and #2). After all - we're the World Superpower. If we didn't have to be "World Police".... I'm sure the figure would go down to about 15% or less.

That's the price of being a World Superpower. BTW - Read about Hubbert Peak of Oil Production (google it). Have some faith in humanity.
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.