AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > Current Events
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree104Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Beach girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: northern Virginia in winter; NC in summer
Posts: 3,760
It's hard to know. They might be over-reacting, thinking "better safe than sorry;" they might have specific information about the mother being unfit; the apartment itself might appear unsafe, or there could be some other concern.
Beach girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #152 (permalink)
Potterhead and Janeite
 
sallylou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: My own private Idaho
Posts: 6,652
Wirelessly posted (droid)

I saw 2 unattended kids in a parking lot yesterday. One kid had thrown 2 car seats out of the vehicle and was running in circles around the vehicle. The kids weren't very old. Who thinks that's acceptable parenting? Kids need supervision.
Why didn't the baby sitter take the girl with her? That's what I would have done. Something doesn't add up.
jillio and KristinaB like this.
__________________
sallylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
Georgia DFCS has returned the mothers kids to her as of this afternoon/evening.
Also, thanks to stein for keeping the thread updated with news.
As for the perp the GBI and FBI are looking at cold cases in other states/areas he's lived in for similar events. As I said in my last post I do not think this is the first time for this man. Recently his brother has come out to defend his brother but regardless of how squeaky clean his brother makes him out to be Ted Bundy was just the same. Was very friendly, nice, dressed well. Who would have thought? I am awaiting the news conference/court appearance by Ryan Brunn and will update later when I hear more.

I only ask just one thing. Please stop the bickering back and forth in regards to this case. I do believe that the GBI has the right person as hard as it is to believe that a 20 year old could do something like this they would not have arrested him if they did not have loads of evidence against this man. I trust the GBI/FBI and the local police department. They did an outstanding job in my opinion. IF it is not the correct person which I'm doubtful it isn't then we can cross that bridge but until then keep the family in your prayers and let this be a lesson to everyone that monsters come in all shapes and sizes.

Here's something that really stood out to me as far as the sociopathy this person exibits-the fact that he was as cool as a cucumber when police swarmed over the complex and the fact that he searched for the little girl with the search crew. This is very common in serial killer cases-they like to involve themselves in the investigation, searches for the victim. It's also very damning that two weeks before Jorelys went missing/found dead he made a remark to one of the tenants that it'd be easy for someone to harm a child and mentioned the vacant apartments. It was that statement that led to suspicion on his part and stein is right-the tips did come from the public and in this case it came from a tenant.

I would like to know stein what the tenants you mentioned had that could prove he's innocent, clearing him of all charges? I have not spoken to my sister since the arrest so I am not aware of these persons but would like to know if it has something to do with an alibi. I'm assuming so.


Thanks,
S.

p.s for the sake of clarity I am NOT accusing the perp of being a serial killer. if you know anything about them you will understand what I'm talking about where I'm coming from. Thanks.
__________________

Last edited by FadedRose; 12-08-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: clarity
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
Georgia DFCS has returned the mothers kids to her as of this afternoon/evening.
Also, thanks to stein for keeping the thread updated with news.
As for the perp the GBI and FBI are looking at cold cases in other states/areas he's lived in for similar events. As I said in my last post I do not think this is the first time for this man. Recently his brother has come out to defend his brother but regardless of how squeaky clean his brother makes him out to be Ted Bundy was just the same. Was very friendly, nice, dressed well. Who would have thought? I am awaiting the news conference/court appearance by Ryan Brunn and will update later when I hear more.

I only ask just one thing. Please stop the bickering back and forth in regards to this case. I do believe that the GBI has the right person as hard as it is to believe that a 20 year old could do something like this they would not have arrested him if they did not have loads of evidence against this man. I trust the GBI/FBI and the local police department. They did an outstanding job in my opinion. IF it is not the correct person which I'm doubtful it isn't then we can cross that bridge but until then keep the family in your prayers and let this be a lesson to everyone that monsters come in all shapes and sizes.

Here's something that really stood out to me as far as the sociopathy this person exibits-the fact that he was as cool as a cucumber when police swarmed over the complex and the fact that he searched for the little girl with the search crew. This is very common in serial killer cases-they like to involve themselves in the investigation, searches for the victim. It's also very damning that two weeks before Jorelys went missing/found dead he made a remark to one of the tenants that it'd be easy for someone to harm a child and mentioned the vacant apartments. It was that statement that led to suspicion on his part and stein is right-the tips did come from the public and in this case it came from a tenant.

I would like to know stein what the tenants you mentioned had that could prove he's innocent, clearing him of all charges? I have not spoken to my sister since the arrest so I am not aware of these persons but would like to know if it has something to do with an alibi. I'm assuming so.


Thanks,
S.

p.s for the sake of clarity I am NOT accusing the perp of being a serial killer. if you know anything about them you will understand what I'm talking about where I'm coming from. Thanks.
It was announced yesterday afternoon about 4 p.m. (WSB) that some residents had very specific information indicating the police arrested the wrong guy. There was supposed to be a news conference about it ... I haven't read anything since then, but rumors do fly.

This is weird though:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/mothe...ughters/nFwLq/


Quote:
Henry County police have issued a "be on the lookout" for the 2000 model white Dodge Caravan. The driver is described as white, in his 40s or 50s with a mustache and medium build.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
I missed the news coverage on that particular item. Thanks for the update!

I came back to post some snippets of information regarding what I had posted above so the other members would know where I was coming from in my opinion and what led me to my opinion:

"GBI Director Vernon Keenan said Brunn had keys to both the vacant apartment and the trash compactor."

"
Residents at the apartment complex said that on the night that Jorelys was reported missing, Brunn calmly joined the search for the missing 7-year-old and helped distribute her missing person flyers."

" Her body was crushed in the trash compactor, police said. "

Granted the last tidbit was disgusting but it proves my point. Only a clinical sadistic sociopath could so such a thing to another persons body, as well as take part in pretending to "care" about the missing child, search for her, pass out flyers to appear innocent as a bystander.

I'm still awaiting the court appearance....
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
I missed the news coverage on that particular item. Thanks for the update!

I came back to post some snippets of information regarding what I had posted above so the other members would know where I was coming from in my opinion and what led me to my opinion:

"GBI Director Vernon Keenan said Brunn had keys to both the vacant apartment and the trash compactor."

"
Residents at the apartment complex said that on the night that Jorelys was reported missing, Brunn calmly joined the search for the missing 7-year-old and helped distribute her missing person flyers."

" Her body was crushed in the trash compactor, police said. "

Granted the last tidbit was disgusting but it proves my point. Only a clinical sadistic sociopath could so such a thing to another persons body, as well as take part in pretending to "care" about the missing child, search for her, pass out flyers to appear innocent as a bystander.

I'm still awaiting the court appearance....
I have been waiting for it too - the Judge is Frank Mills. I am pretty sure the GBI has damning evidence. The kind of evidence that is disturbing (DNA evidence, she was raped).

That pimple on humanity needs to be popped. My father has been very upset and hasn't spoken to anyone except me about this. He said he hopes he resists at some point so he can get shot between the eyes, right after being shot between the legs.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
I have been waiting for it too - the Judge is Frank Mills. I am pretty sure the GBI has damning evidence. The kind of evidence that is disturbing (DNA evidence, she was raped).

That pimple on humanity needs to be popped. My father has been very upset and hasn't spoken to anyone except me about this. He said he hopes he resists at some point so he can get shot between the eyes, right after being shot between the legs.
I just got off the phone with my sister for updates and the court date had already been done but it was not aired at the time. I had asked about the rumors regarding his alibi and she told me that she's heard from other tenants that he was at wal-mart during the crime but I told her if that was the case he would not have been there searching for the girl. WSB will have the court appearance on at 4pm according to my sister. I'm still searching the net for the grand jury indictment to read the list of charges and evidence against him.

I'd hug your father if I could. This has torn up everyone I know since my sister lives at the apartments. It's been a very difficult case to watch unfold in my own backyard and getting the phone calls and text messages from my sister and hearing the fear in her voice. It's been stressful but even though the person has been arrested the stress has not really left. I think for most of us who have friends/family who live there, and took part in the search for the little girl we will always be a little more on guard than most people. It has been a big wake up call to everyone I know that's been affected by it and one I wish never happened in some regards because once you know monsters like this exist life is never the same for those affected by it, more so than others is the family of the victim. Once you're touched by evil, once you see it if you're not trained to deal with it from an academic perspective, or from being an officer it's something that can eat a person alive and I'll admit, all the books I've read, the classes I've taken are just that. Books and classes. Seeing it with your own eyes, being a part of it is very different and I didn't expect that I'd be this affected by it. I thought I'd be prepared to look into those eyes but wasn't. Your father wasn't either and I doubt the seasoned GBI officers were either. This is by far one of the most horrific cases I've seen and I think it'll be a long time before anyone in those apartments, my sister, your father and cherokee county will be able to move on.

I agree with one of the posters a few posts back that counseling needs to be offered to the tenants and to anyone affected by this horrific crime including the family.
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #158 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
I missed the news coverage on that particular item. Thanks for the update!

I came back to post some snippets of information regarding what I had posted above so the other members would know where I was coming from in my opinion and what led me to my opinion:

"GBI Director Vernon Keenan said Brunn had keys to both the vacant apartment and the trash compactor."

"
Residents at the apartment complex said that on the night that Jorelys was reported missing, Brunn calmly joined the search for the missing 7-year-old and helped distribute her missing person flyers."

" Her body was crushed in the trash compactor, police said. "

Granted the last tidbit was disgusting but it proves my point. Only a clinical sadistic sociopath could so such a thing to another persons body, as well as take part in pretending to "care" about the missing child, search for her, pass out flyers to appear innocent as a bystander.

I'm still awaiting the court appearance....
No way am I saying you are wrong, but be careful about jumping to the serial killer conclusion. The things you mentioned could also be true of an innocent person. And many of the characteristics you have listed regarding serial killers are also true of people guilty of single murders. Fact is, serial killers are an extremely rare phenomenon, and even so, they can't all be painted with the same brush. This guy's age would be against his being a serial killer. Serial killers get away with their crimes for years before being caught. This guy is only 20 years old.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
I just got off the phone with my sister for updates and the court date had already been done but it was not aired at the time. I had asked about the rumors regarding his alibi and she told me that she's heard from other tenants that he was at wal-mart during the crime but I told her if that was the case he would not have been there searching for the girl. WSB will have the court appearance on at 4pm according to my sister. I'm still searching the net for the grand jury indictment to read the list of charges and evidence against him.

I'd hug your father if I could. This has torn up everyone I know since my sister lives at the apartments. It's been a very difficult case to watch unfold in my own backyard and getting the phone calls and text messages from my sister and hearing the fear in her voice. It's been stressful but even though the person has been arrested the stress has not really left. I think for most of us who have friends/family who live there, and took part in the search for the little girl we will always be a little more on guard than most people. It has been a big wake up call to everyone I know that's been affected by it and one I wish never happened in some regards because once you know monsters like this exist life is never the same for those affected by it, more so than others is the family of the victim. Once you're touched by evil, once you see it if you're not trained to deal with it from an academic perspective, or from being an officer it's something that can eat a person alive and I'll admit, all the books I've read, the classes I've taken are just that. Books and classes. Seeing it with your own eyes, being a part of it is very different and I didn't expect that I'd be this affected by it. I thought I'd be prepared to look into those eyes but wasn't. Your father wasn't either and I doubt the seasoned GBI officers were either. This is by far one of the most horrific cases I've seen and I think it'll be a long time before anyone in those apartments, my sister, your father and cherokee county will be able to move on.

I agree with one of the posters a few posts back that counseling needs to be offered to the tenants and to anyone affected by this horrific crime including the family.
It would really be a good idea for crisis intervention debriefing to be done with the complex residents and those who participated in the search. Otherwise, there is going to be all kinds of psychological fallout from this.
deafskeptic and Babyblue like this.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
I just got off the phone with my sister for updates and the court date had already been done but it was not aired at the time. I had asked about the rumors regarding his alibi and she told me that she's heard from other tenants that he was at wal-mart during the crime but I told her if that was the case he would not have been there searching for the girl. WSB will have the court appearance on at 4pm according to my sister. I'm still searching the net for the grand jury indictment to read the list of charges and evidence against him.

I'd hug your father if I could. This has torn up everyone I know since my sister lives at the apartments. It's been a very difficult case to watch unfold in my own backyard and getting the phone calls and text messages from my sister and hearing the fear in her voice. It's been stressful but even though the person has been arrested the stress has not really left. I think for most of us who have friends/family who live there, and took part in the search for the little girl we will always be a little more on guard than most people. It has been a big wake up call to everyone I know that's been affected by it and one I wish never happened in some regards because once you know monsters like this exist life is never the same for those affected by it, more so than others is the family of the victim. Once you're touched by evil, once you see it if you're not trained to deal with it from an academic perspective, or from being an officer it's something that can eat a person alive and I'll admit, all the books I've read, the classes I've taken are just that. Books and classes. Seeing it with your own eyes, being a part of it is very different and I didn't expect that I'd be this affected by it. I thought I'd be prepared to look into those eyes but wasn't. Your father wasn't either and I doubt the seasoned GBI officers were either. This is by far one of the most horrific cases I've seen and I think it'll be a long time before anyone in those apartments, my sister, your father and cherokee county will be able to move on.

I agree with one of the posters a few posts back that counseling needs to be offered to the tenants and to anyone affected by this horrific crime including the family.
I have been telling both of my sisters that I understand how those residents feel. I was a Gallaudet student when Eric Plunkett and Benjamin Varner were murdered. It was surreal.

When the DC police arrested the initial suspect, everyone felt relieved. Then the second murder happened .... paranoia set in.

I sure hope they have the right guy. I wouldn't want to feel deja vu all over again.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #161 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
deafskeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
No way am I saying you are wrong, but be careful about jumping to the serial killer conclusion. The things you mentioned could also be true of an innocent person. And many of the characteristics you have listed regarding serial killers are also true of people guilty of single murders. Fact is, serial killers are an extremely rare phenomenon, and even so, they can't all be painted with the same brush. This guy's age would be against his being a serial killer. Serial killers get away with their crimes for years before being caught. This guy is only 20 years old.
I will keep that in mind.
__________________
Left ear implanted with Med-El on April 24 2007.
Activated on May 9th.
Upgraded to Opus 2 9/10/2010

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
No way am I saying you are wrong, but be careful about jumping to the serial killer conclusion. The things you mentioned could also be true of an innocent person. And many of the characteristics you have listed regarding serial killers are also true of people guilty of single murders. Fact is, serial killers are an extremely rare phenomenon, and even so, they can't all be painted with the same brush. This guy's age would be against his being a serial killer. Serial killers get away with their crimes for years before being caught. This guy is only 20 years old.
I agree with your statement but I never accused him of being a serial killer only that psychologically he resembled one. His age does count against him being a serial killer as most get their start around his age. Sociopaty does run rampant among innocent people that have never committed a crime in their lives but destroy those around them bringing them to financial ruin and leaving a trail of many broken hearts among other things.
The GBI is investigating other cold cases where he resided before he moved to georgia to link him with other murders ( what is being implied), similar cases as they do not think this is the first offense and I'd have to agree based on how brazen and bold and how comfortable he was commiting this crime. I am willing to hold my tounge until I hear more but the more I read the more I suspect that this kid if he's a newbie he very well would not have stopped if he had not been arrested. That was the implication. I hope I clarified that up!
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Jaspeth, you don't have to answer this, but I am curious if you are attending KSU or Reinhardt. I know Reinhardt offers a criminal justice degree. I used to attend Reinhardt College (is it a university now?) Before I transferred to Gallaudet.

I just thought you might be interested in a tidbit of history of the Waleska area I learned while I was there. My math professor at the time, Andy Edwards, told our class about it. He said that when Union troops occupied Waleska during the Civil War, there had been two local young boys playing. A Union soldier shot and killed both boys. He explained this was common, as to prevent the boys from joining in the ranks of the Confederacy when they got older.

The entire Union platoon completely disappeared. There was no trace, even to this day, of what happened to them.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafskeptic View Post
I will keep that in mind.
Skeptic...
that creeped me out.

Stein-I too hope it's the correct person. I'm not stating that I have my doubts but there is a little bug upstairs that's been saying other wise and I'm trying to ignore it and to focus on the facts but there is something that is not adding up.
that is starting to bother me.
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered User
 
VacationGuy234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,632
I have to agree with Stein on this, the government does NOT always get the right guy. The fact is, these things are not easy to figure out and it's not like CSI because those tests, if real, are very expensive. Unfortunately, there are many cases where justice fails.

To be fair, everyone wants to get the right guy, but there is also a lot of public pressure on a case like this.

In time, who ever did this will be caught, IMO.
VacationGuy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #166 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
Jaspeth, you don't have to answer this, but I am curious if you are attending KSU or Reinhardt. I know Reinhardt offers a criminal justice degree. I used to attend Reinhardt College (is it a university now?) Before I transferred to Gallaudet.

I just thought you might be interested in a tidbit of history of the Waleska area I learned while I was there. My math professor at the time, Andy Edwards, told our class about it. He said that when Union troops occupied Waleska during the Civil War, there had been two local young boys playing. A Union soldier shot and killed both boys. He explained this was common, as to prevent the boys from joining in the ranks of the Confederacy when they got older.

The entire Union platoon completely disappeared. There was no trace, even to this day, of what happened to them.
I am no longer attending KSU but plan to go back for a degree in psychology as well as a masters in criminal justice, maybe law school when I can afford to go back.

I did not know that about the waleska area! I will have to look that up as I've never heard about the platoon disappearing.

The degree I'm looking for is Forensic Psychology but KSU doesn't offer that and instead it'd be the same if I got two degrees and combined them into one which is what I'll be doing. I'd like to get a PhD in psychology.

what are you going to school for?
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
I agree with your statement but I never accused him of being a serial killer only that psychologically he resembled one. His age does count against him being a serial killer as most get their start around his age. Sociopaty does run rampant among innocent people that have never committed a crime in their lives but destroy those around them bringing them to financial ruin and leaving a trail of many broken hearts among other things.
The GBI is investigating other cold cases where he resided before he moved to georgia to link him with other murders ( what is being implied), similar cases as they do not think this is the first offense and I'd have to agree based on how brazen and bold and how comfortable he was commiting this crime. I am willing to hold my tounge until I hear more but the more I read the more I suspect that this kid if he's a newbie he very well would not have stopped if he had not been arrested. That was the implication. I hope I clarified that up!
No doubt you have some very good points. Valid ones, as well. I was just cautioning against being to quick too label without a great deal more information. It's kind of the professor talking to the student syndrome. You obviously have a great grasp of the clinical side, but there are still things that aren't taught in books that the more experienced in the field would see right away. No offense intended. Just a caution.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
I agree off topic but I figured I'd be nice and answer the question.
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FadedRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
No doubt you have some very good points. Valid ones, as well. I was just cautioning against being to quick too label without a great deal more information. It's kind of the professor talking to the student syndrome. You obviously have a great grasp of the clinical side, but there are still things that aren't taught in books that the more experienced in the field would see right away. No offense intended. Just a caution.
No offense taken. I get where you're coming from and what you're saying totally. I was very excited when all this went down. I thought to myself, finally something I can study that's right in my back yard that I can get my hands into. Yes, I'm too eager to get my hands in the cookie jar putting to use or trying to what I've learned. This made me laugh jillio...thanks. Yeah, I can picture that being said to me if I ever went out into the field to hold my horses.

No offense to anyone intended. From an academic perspective this is very, very interesting. The reality of it isn't and is quite horrific. I do have a heart and am torn up over this just like everyone else is around this area but plan to make a career out of studying these people who do these crimes as well so I look at it from both sides. Hope that made sense. I'm not thrilled the child was killed that is not what I'm implying. It's the perp that has my interest not the actual crime. His brain is more or less what I'd like to disect.
jillio and deafskeptic like this.
__________________
FadedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
I am no longer attending KSU but plan to go back for a degree in psychology as well as a masters in criminal justice, maybe law school when I can afford to go back.

I did not know that about the waleska area! I will have to look that up as I've never heard about the platoon disappearing.

The degree I'm looking for is Forensic Psychology but KSU doesn't offer that and instead it'd be the same if I got two degrees and combined them into one which is what I'll be doing. I'd like to get a PhD in psychology.

what are you going to school for?
Well, I for one wish you the best of luck. Cobb County can really use attorneys (and judges) that are familiar with the ADA. Cherokee County is by far, light years ahead in those regards.

I went to school to become a special ed teacher. It has been a long ordeal. If things go right, I will be graduating very soon with two degrees and a minor, then have to take the State courses to get my certificate.

My degrees will be in English Creative Writing (I want to be an English Teacher - I misspell on these forums on purpose ) Communication Studies and German Communication.

I am currently a Georgia State Volunteer for the GATEDP Outreach program in coordination with the FCC.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Canton murder suspect has first court appearance *| ajc.com


Quote:
"He's separated from other inmates," Lt. Jay Baker with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said after the hearing.

damn ...
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #173 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacationGuy234 View Post
I have to agree with Stein on this, the government does NOT always get the right guy. The fact is, these things are not easy to figure out and it's not like CSI because those tests, if real, are very expensive. Unfortunately, there are many cases where justice fails.

To be fair, everyone wants to get the right guy, but there is also a lot of public pressure on a case like this.

In time, who ever did this will be caught, IMO.
Exactly. This would not be the first time that a law enforcement agency has reacted to public pressure and made a mistake as a consequence.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #174 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
Well, I for one wish you the best of luck. Cobb County can really use attorneys (and judges) that are familiar with the ADA. Cherokee County is by far, light years ahead in those regards.

I went to school to become a special ed teacher. It has been a long ordeal. If things go right, I will be graduating very soon with two degrees and a minor, then have to take the State courses to get my certificate.

My degrees will be in English Creative Writing (I want to be an English Teacher - I misspell on these forums on purpose ) Communication Studies and German Communication.

I am currently a Georgia State Volunteer for the GATEDP Outreach program in coordination with the FCC.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #175 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
Why does that surprise you?
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #176 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
deafskeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspheth View Post
No offense taken. I get where you're coming from and what you're saying totally. I was very excited when all this went down. I thought to myself, finally something I can study that's right in my back yard that I can get my hands into. Yes, I'm too eager to get my hands in the cookie jar putting to use or trying to what I've learned. This made me laugh jillio...thanks. Yeah, I can picture that being said to me if I ever went out into the field to hold my horses.

No offense to anyone intended. From an academic perspective this is very, very interesting. The reality of it isn't and is quite horrific. I do have a heart and am torn up over this just like everyone else is around this area but plan to make a career out of studying these people who do these crimes as well so I look at it from both sides. Hope that made sense. I'm not thrilled the child was killed that is not what I'm implying. It's the perp that has my interest not the actual crime. His brain is more or less what I'd like to disect.
I think I'm the same way as you. The main reason why I am intersted in true crime is because I want to know why people do things like this. It's something I find very hard to understand.
cmdrwhitewolf likes this.
__________________
Left ear implanted with Med-El on April 24 2007.
Activated on May 9th.
Upgraded to Opus 2 9/10/2010

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
Why does that surprise you?
Is this another attempt from you to put words in my mouth? Why do you think I am surprised?

Of course they are going to isolate him in prison for his own protection. I just wish for once, someone like the killer is put in population so the victims of this monster do not have to go months and months to wait for justice.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #178 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafskeptic View Post
I think I'm the same way as you. The main reason why I am intersted in true crime is because I want to know why people do things like this. It's something I find very hard to understand.
It is difficult to understand until you know more about their history. Then it becomes a bit more understandable. I think the reason we all have a difficult time wrapping our mind around something like this is because it is so contary to the way we ourselves think and behave. But, we think and behave based on our own life experience, genetics, and brain structure.
deafskeptic likes this.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #179 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
Is this another attempt from you to put words in my mouth? Why do you think I am surprised?

Of course they are going to isolate him in prison for his own protection. I just wish for once, someone like the killer is put in population so the victims of this monster do not have to go months and months to wait for justice.
Then why did you post, "Damn"? That certainly appeared to be a reaction of surprise at the quote you pasted.

Of, yeah, vigilante justice is the way to go. Didn't you just say something about being innocent until proven guilty? You can't pick and choose who is protected under that premise of our justice system. It applies to all, whether you like them or not.
Buffalo likes this.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,886
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
Then why did you post, "Damn"? That certainly appeared to be a reaction of surprise at the quote you pasted.

Of, yeah, vigilante justice is the way to go. Didn't you just say something about being innocent until proven guilty? You can't pick and choose who is protected under that premise of our justice system. It applies to all, whether you like them or not.
This is only a guess, but prison populations would be more likely to find out if he is guilty or not.

But just to clarify, if Brunn is guilty, I wish for once, that Jorelys family does not have to suffer months, or even years, to await a slow tortuous journey for justice to be carried out. Much like the families of John Wayne Gacy victims had to.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.