AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > Current Events
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree104Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat View Post
I can only hope it wasn't family-related, someone the little girl loved or trusted. That would be the worst. IMO.
Unfortunately, AlleyCat, that is the case far more often than it is a stranger. The person who sexually assaults a child is more often known by the family, and if not a family member, someone the family trusts. Given some of the details of this case, I'm afraid that it will turn out to be someone the family knows and trusts.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #32 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 44,584
Update:

Police believe Ga girl killed in vacant apartment - Road Runner
Reba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 23,880
I am speechless.
Frisky Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
Cheetah Consulting-Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,694
^^^^ I'm speechless too.
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,384
Blog Entries: 2
My wife has been crying on and off about this. I personally cannot understand how people who would do such a thing even exist.

Most apartments have security cameras up near trash compactors and entrances/exits.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,924
This is very sad.
__________________
.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,654
Blog Entries: 3
This kind of thing is just my worst nightmare. Like some of the others, I am speechless. I cant even begin to comprehend how could someone would want to do something like that.

All I can is offer my deepest sympathies for the family and to those (including the OP) who were involved.

I wish child killers didnt exist on this planet.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
deafskeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.
I don't like the implications of this. I just hope it's not what I think it is. The whole thing is really sad.
__________________
Left ear implanted with Med-El on April 24 2007.
Activated on May 9th.
Upgraded to Opus 2 9/10/2010

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafskeptic View Post
I don't like the implications of this. I just hope it's not what I think it is. The whole thing is really sad.
Yes, it is. But it is looking more and more as if this was not a stranger abduction.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,654
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.
About supervision. I remember back then my parents let me go out riding bikes with my friends around the neighborhood when I was in elementary school so I had to be 7 or 8 at the time. If they removed the other children because the mother let a teenager babysit her daughter, then I dont understand how that can be considered unsupervised?
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
deafskeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
Yes, it is. But it is looking more and more as if this was not a stranger abduction.
I was thinking the same thing.
__________________
Left ear implanted with Med-El on April 24 2007.
Activated on May 9th.
Upgraded to Opus 2 9/10/2010

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
About supervision. I remember back then my parents let me go out riding bikes with my friends around the neighborhood when I was in elementary school so I had to be 7 or 8 at the time. If they removed the other children because the mother let a teenager babysit her daughter, then I dont understand how that can be considered unsupervised?
I think there is more to it than it being reported in the news. There has to be a pattern of the girl being left unsupervised. They would not have removed the other kids on this one incident.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
I wonder what the teenager that was supposed to be babysitting was doing when the child went to get a drink.

That apartment complex has a gate code to enter. The child was inside the complex - if this was an "outsider" they would have had to have had the gate code to get in.

Then, there was mention of a white honda that was left running for an hour near the playground but no one was in it? Could the police give some specific details other than white, honda?

Accord, Civic, 4 door sedan, 2 door, van, truck, SUV?

Whoever did this had to have a gate code and know how to use the compactor.
There's a reason why specific information was purposely omitted.
deafskeptic likes this.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
There's a reason why specific information was purposely omitted.
Exactly. There is no doubt quite a bit information that has been ommitted from the public's access.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,384
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
There's a reason why specific information was purposely omitted.
I am sure there is a reason for the omissions.

However, when her poster was plastered all over town when they were looking for her, they didn't even give specifics on what she was wearing or looked like. I am sure that was due to panic ...

Sometimes, the omissions don't make any sense.

If police are going to ask for the public's help, they need to give specific information.

BTW, when they get this guy, they need to put him down like a rabid dog. Animals have more respect for life than the person who did this.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Buffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
I am sure there is a reason for the omissions.

However, when her poster was plastered all over town when they were looking for her, they didn't even give specifics on what she was wearing or looked like. I am sure that was due to panic ...

Sometimes, the omissions don't make any sense.

If police are going to ask for the public's help, they need to give specific information.

BTW, when they get this guy, they need to put him down like a rabid dog. Animals have more respect for life than the person who did this.
They would held back some information to weed out false leads. Some people just like to call in the police with so-called leads.
jillio and Babyblue like this.
__________________

ďThe problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. ď- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
I am sure there is a reason for the omissions.

However, when her poster was plastered all over town when they were looking for her, they didn't even give specifics on what she was wearing or looked like. I am sure that was due to panic ...
no not really. it's for safety reason. and for strategical purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinhauer View Post
Sometimes, the omissions don't make any sense.

If police are going to ask for the public's help, they need to give specific information.

BTW, when they get this guy, they need to put him down like a rabid dog. Animals have more respect for life than the person who did this.
trust me. police knows what they're doing.

you do not need to know the specific. white honda. that's all you need to look for. call cop if you see one and let them handle rest.
jillio likes this.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
They would held back some information to weed out false leads. Some people just like to call in the police with so-called leads.
Not only that, they withhold information so that they know who was at the crime scene. There are specific details that only the person who committed the crime would know.

I don't think any of us need to be second guessing the police in this situation.
deafskeptic likes this.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
Not only that, they withhold information so that they know who was at the crime scene. There are specific details that only the person who committed the crime would know.

I don't think any of us need to be second guessing the police in this situation.
I know we live in on-demand information age. we get rapidly demanding for all little information.

that's why I hate it when reporters get needlessly too involved and publicize tons of detailed information. it's making officers' job much harder to solve the case.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Babyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
I know we live in on-demand information age. we get rapidly demanding for all little information.

that's why I hate it when reporters get needlessly too involved and publicize tons of detailed information. it's making officers' job much harder to solve the case.
It also ruins the case in court, when the media gets all frenzied over it. Making jury selection almost impossible.
jillio and Buffalo like this.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,654
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
It also ruins the case in court, when the media gets all frenzied over it. Making jury selection almost impossible.
Yea, I was thinking the same too. The judicial system needs to change how to select juries to keep up with how technology is changing the way people get their information.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
It also ruins the case in court, when the media gets all frenzied over it. Making jury selection almost impossible.
let us analyze this farce -

Jorelys Rivera Murder: Police Say Ga. Girl's Killing Was 'Very Calculated'
Quote:
Investigators said they believe one of those who noticed the girl – someone who either lived in the modern, sprawling complex north of Atlanta or had regular access to the apartments – may be her killer. Rivera was abducted near a playground at the complex, taken to a vacant apartment, and sexually assaulted before she was stabbed and beaten to death and her body placed in a trash bin, authorities said Tuesday.

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said.
why was publicizing this "criminal profile" necessary? are we now armchair detectives or something?

Quote:
Keenan on Tuesday released autopsy results and new details in the killing of Rivera of Canton, who was last seen Friday evening. The autopsy showed the girl died of blunt force trauma 60 to 90 minutes after she disappeared, though police did not give a time of death.
she died 60-90 minutes after she disappeared. this was newsworthy..... how?

Quote:
He said evidence collected from the child's body and the vacant apartment are being tested. Investigators hope to have preliminary DNA results later Tuesday.
oh great - now that means sicko will be more careful from now on to cover up his trace.

Quote:
Keenan said investigators have received numerous tips from the public and said valuable evidence has come from apartment complex residents.
oh great - now the sicko will know who to harm next time.


I believe reporters should be charged with aiding and abetting this sicko by providing information.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 42,654
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
let us analyze this farce -

Jorelys Rivera Murder: Police Say Ga. Girl's Killing Was 'Very Calculated'

why was publicizing this "criminal profile" necessary? are we now armchair detectives or something?


she died 60-90 minutes after she disappeared. this was newsworthy..... how?


oh great - now that means sicko will be more careful from now on to cover up his trace.


oh great - now the sicko will know who to harm next time.


I believe reporters should be charged with aiding and abetting this sicko by providing information.
If reporters are guilty, then why are the investigators sharing the information with them?
Reba likes this.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
let us analyze this farce -

Jorelys Rivera Murder: Police Say Ga. Girl's Killing Was 'Very Calculated'

why was publicizing this "criminal profile" necessary? are we now armchair detectives or something?


she died 60-90 minutes after she disappeared. this was newsworthy..... how?


oh great - now that means sicko will be more careful from now on to cover up his trace.


oh great - now the sicko will know who to harm next time.


I believe reporters should be charged with aiding and abetting this sicko by providing information.
People want sordid details, and the press obliges. Disgusting.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
If You Know What I Mean
 
Jiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Soprano State
Posts: 65,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
If reporters are guilty, then why are the investigators sharing the information with them?
I doubt it was thru official channel.
__________________
- Don't forget to buy Jiro's Special Edition Sunglasses for $19.95
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Babyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,229
Quote:
Keenan on Tuesday released autopsy results and new details in the killing of Rivera of Canton, who was last seen Friday evening. The autopsy showed the girl died of blunt force trauma 60 to 90 minutes after she disappeared, though police did not give a time of death.
The autopsy shows 60-90 min, but could not give a time of death. Ummmm.. something isn't right.....
jillio likes this.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #58 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
deafskeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
People want sordid details, and the press obliges. Disgusting.
Yeah, it's disturbing. It's one thing to hear about those details about someone you don't know and quite another when it's someone you know or knew years ago.

The details in the Eric Payne case and one of the murder victims in Richmond VA made me feel sick to my stomach because I had known that victim years ago and the details were brutal and worse yet, it was my best friend from mainstream who discovered the body. That victim was her mother.
__________________
Left ear implanted with Med-El on April 24 2007.
Activated on May 9th.
Upgraded to Opus 2 9/10/2010

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Steinhauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,384
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.
I noticed the removal of the younger children as well. I don't know if that is common procedure to do, or if there was a legitimate concern. I do know that the younger children will more than likely be traumatized even further if not allowed to be with their mother.
__________________
Annuit Cúptis

><((({*>

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon
Steinhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafskeptic View Post
Yeah, it's disturbing. It's one thing to hear about those details about someone you don't know and quite another when it's someone you know or knew years ago.

The details in the Eric Payne case and one of the murder victims in Richmond VA made me feel sick to my stomach because I had known that victim years ago and the details were brutal and worse yet, it was my best friend from mainstream who discovered the body. That victim was her mother.
It's like people slowing down to gawk at a bad car accident.
cmdrwhitewolf likes this.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.